8/28 (THU)

VS0000710 FLUXUS 01

VS0000711 FLUXUS 03

VS0000712 FLUXUS 04

VS0000713 FLUXUS 05

VS0000714 FLUXUS 07

VS0000745 FLUXUS 101 JKT

VS0000747 HIGH-WATER CHINO (GIZA)

VS0000750 UNION CHINO (GIZA HERRINGBONE)

VS0000757 SUBLIG. ESSENTIAL TEE (LUXSIC)

VS0000758 SUBLIG. ESSENTIAL BOXER (LUXSIC)

VS0000768 D. SCOOP TEE S/S (LUXSIC)

VS0000770 D. SCOOP V-NECK S/S (LUXSIC)

VS0000772 D. SCOOP HENLEY S/S (LUXSIC)

VS0000787 FELT WELLER S/S (GIZA 45) *F.I.L. EXCLUSIVE

VS0000824 FINE KNIT CASHMERE CREW

VS0000825 FINE KNIT CASHMERE V-NECK

VS0000848 VIS 101 (GIZA/HERRINGBONE)

Supposeldy Christo's dropped on the weekend at FIL... went by... none to be seen but they did have the usher on staff that day... I was actually suprised by the amount of stock in the place over the past 10 days... been there 3 times! hahaha And shit if I don't have to go back atleast one more time... sorry Jake!! hahaha

Supposeldy Christo's dropped on the weekend at FIL... went by... none to be seen but they did have the usher on staff that day... I was actually suprised by the amount of stock in the place over the past 10 days... been there 3 times! hahaha And shit if I don't have to go back atleast one more time... sorry Jake!! hahaha

any new backpacks there? or any ballistic 20's at all?

^^^I heard $460 + tax at Union NY. Only other place that will have them is Union LA and I would assume retail would be the same there as well.

you're right. thats what i bought mine for about two weeks ago... i only saw the brown and blacks. they probably have a very limited ammount of sizes so i would hurry if youre interested in these.

visvim is a luxury line. talk about how shitty the christos look, but complaining about the price of visvim is redundant, and fruitless (with the exception of this reply).

don't get me wrong, i know this. i think what i meant was if i walked in a store w/ $500 to spend on visvim, id rather buy a shoes than a flannel. i bought the new fbt shamans and some logan lo's the same day, but passed on the flannels and the new outerwear. i feel like visvim shoes are incomparable to other brands, so it justifies the price for me...

don't get me wrong, i know this. i think what i meant was if i walked in a store w/ $500 to spend on visvim, id rather buy a shoes than a flannel. i bought the new fbt shamans and some logan lo's the same day, but passed on the flannels and the new outerwear. i feel like visvim shoes are incomparable to other brands, so it justifies the price for me...

c.r.e.a.m. I know what you mean. It's different with the shoes, where the comfort and quality helps you understand why you payed so much. As far as the clothes goes, I recommend purchasing the Giza or West Indian cotton stuff, and also the fluxus denim and chinos. With these and the goretex outerwear, you'll really get to feel Visvim's quality.

well from my perspective, 500 can get you a pair of brand new c&j handgrades and not even on their best day could visvim touch that level of craftsmanship. so let's all just admit that we're into the stuff because we think it's really cool? whether it's a shirt, pair of shoes or scented candles. i mean i dig my pair of logan lo's and yes they're a notch above a pair of syndicates but not at 3x the price, really. same with any visvim t-shirt if you think about it.

you get what you pay for. seriously. comparing vans to logans is ridiculous. the quality of materials between the both reflects in the price. same goes for say a tee made of giza45 cotton vs a supreme tee made of average cotton. the quality of cotton is reflected in the price. same goes for all their product.

what i will say is that Union is pricing you out. they have a monopoly it seems in the States so they seem to be taking the piss. same goes for Hideout in London. compare the prices to japan retail. it shouldn't be that much different. its not in Australia.

^^^this man speaks the truth...and I just spend $$$ to get a pair of shaman-folks proxied. I just find their products extremely cool, but at the same time realize that their prices are pretty ridiculous.
Does anybody know if there will be henleys for this season?

they are doing fleece henleys in s/s and l/s !!!

also d.scoop in s/s and l/s in luxsic in black, white, navy and olive.

also 2ply border henley in giza45 usual stripe combos ...

you get what you pay for. seriously. comparing vans to logans is ridiculous. the quality of materials between the both reflects in the price. same goes for say a tee made of giza45 cotton vs a supreme tee made of average cotton. the quality of cotton is reflected in the price. same goes for all their product.

it's a useful comparison, since obviously the authentic / era / old skool models were the "inspiration" behind the logans. but let's be clear - you can argue that the price is higher because the leather's made from baby seals (or more probably, due to leather lining throughout - including insole), but you also have to factor in the cost of production and shipping. neither of which necessarily contributes to the "quality" of the final production

"higher quality" is the fulcrum of visvim's marketing and their proxies. basically the difference between you and cream is that he only applies this to the footwear for whatever personal reasons he has.

so tell me again what makes a pair of shaman folks higher "quality" than the aforementioned handgrades? and btw i'm sure nakamura would agree with me on this point.

what i will say is that Union is pricing you out. they have a monopoly it seems in the States so they seem to be taking the piss. same goes for Hideout in London. compare the prices to japan retail. it shouldn't be that much different. its not in Australia.

visvim is actually pricing themselves out of the us market and rising costs of transportation (and the weak us dollar) aren't helping. you'll note that union are one of the few stores that's actually stuck with them - the rest have either dropped the brand or just stuck with the g-line. obviously if visvim had cared about / understood the us market, the g-line wouldn't be such an abomination which kind of proves my point