Dior Homme Denim

midnight

haha don't worry about it november. It's definitely too tight in the waist, but the legs were fine. I'll probably get a size 30. I just hope LVR has an easy return process lol.

They seem to stretch quite a damn lot, you don't suppose 29 will be enough for, say, buttoned up to, but not including, the top button?

It seems a little much but I've seen people report 3 or 4 inch stretches :eek:

Oh and thanks btw :)

I've just received my sz 28 mij raws and they're too tight. I can only button one button lol.....I know they stretch but by how much. Should I return them? Thanks for the advice in advance....and P.S. I sized down 2 from my actual waist

exchange, they stretch alot but not that much. You should be able to button the 2nd to the top button at least.

So the only thing I don't understand, is that most people seem to recommend sizing down 1 or 2... some are even actively against 3 ^^^^.. But theoretically, doesn't it work? down 2 for vanity, and 1 for stretch?

EDIT:

Also, I plan on not slouching the jeans... will this affect how much I size down?

I feel like it might, but perhaps not enough to change a size.. I'd really appreciate some feedback on that^

if you size down three the crotch will blow out and the denim will be very weak after 6months or so.

Seriously, its not that hard. Size down 2 for raws, if you want them slouchy, size down 1. If you want to regret your purchase, buy TTS.

I have a pair of silver (silver, not silver selvage, but literally silver) diors that arent raw denim (obviously) and sized down 1, they fit well. I had the leg tapered a bit more, but the overall fit is still noticeably looser than my stretched out raws (that have stretched out to the same waist size as the sliver guys). Sizing down one on washed models seems to be a good rule of thumb. Again, don't ever go TTS.

after 1year of almost everyday wear (90% of the time) my size 29 MIJs measure 16in laid flat.

PLEASE, stop with the sizing questions. AT LEAST for the 19cm cut. There is ample info, no need to shit up the thread.

Hey I love the fit on those, mind if I ask how much you sized down?

They look great though!

Especially the back - the fading that you have creates a really cool depth

sized 2 down on these, however i'd gotten the MII raws which are abit baggier then the MIJ's. :cool:

if you size down three the crotch will blow out and the denim will be very weak after 6months or so.

Seriously, its not that hard. Size down 2 for raws, if you want them slouchy, size down 1. If you want to regret your purchase, buy TTS.

PLEASE, stop with the sizing questions. AT LEAST for the 19cm cut. There is ample info, no need to shit up the thread.

i'm at about 5 months after sizing 3 down. although its not the stated '6 months' there's no crotch blow out and no weak denim parts. there's no need to complain about people giving different opinions because its what works for each person. sorry at the moment that i'm all talk. i'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.

Though i agree with chubby, if you want to play it safe just size down 2 for the raws. Going 3 down worked for me since i could be bothered stretching it, but lots of people on this forum testify that they just cant do it because its too uncomfy.

i'm at about 5 months after sizing 3 down. although its not the stated '6 months' there's no crotch blow out and no weak denim parts. there's no need to complain about people giving different opinions because its what works for each person. sorry at the moment that i'm all talk. i'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.

Though i agree with chubby, if you want to play it safe just size down 2 for the raws. Going 3 down worked for me since i could be bothered stretching it, but lots of people on this forum testify that they just cant do it because its too uncomfy.

i sized down 2 on my mijs and i could have easily sized down 3, but im really skinny... it really depends on the build of the person and how they want to wear their jeans

i like to sag them so my waist stretches alot more than someone who might want to wear them a bit higher

ok guys. PLEASE don't kill me when I ask this.. it is another size question...

I bought my first pair of dior homme jeans in september from LVR. they're the 17.5 version of bolt from the blue. sz 26. i know they have stretch in them and everything but they were SUPER tight when i first put them on. and being that they were originally 28 inches around, i had to wear them a bit higher than normal.. (which i did around the house for a week.. LOL) they've since stretched to 31 inches in the waist and now fit really comfortably and i can wear them lower so i look like a normal human being. And since they are stretch, they have also maintained the skinny look that i wanted from them.

Now, i want to buy MiJ raw indigo's. should I do the same and go for a 26, or opt for a 27? I know they're 19cm cut (and have no stretch in them) which won't be as skinny as my other pair, but that's completely fine (as long as they turn out on the slimmer side once stretched.)

anyway.. just to give an image of how small i am, i'm 5'10 and 125 lbs.. I'm leaning towards the 26, but am considering a 27.. I also have a pair of unworn 19cm silver selvage i bought off of a friend in sz 28. they've also stretched to a 31 inches in the waist. they're my "baggy jeans" (which are honestly still on the slimmer side) if that helps any

PLEASE dont bite my head off.. i've read a majority of the forum and know that most of you have a passionate dislike for sizing questions.. but i still cant decide on what size of raws i should get. I tried the "measure a pair of comfy jeans you wear now, multiply by 2 and subtract 3 or 4" and i do end up with a 26. i just wanna get the "OK!" from you guys! sorry for this massive post btw..

thanks guys!

What's your true waist?

If you measured and subtracted and got 26, that's a good sign for 26.

The other thing is that you have 28s that are your "baggy jeans"... 27 isn't going to be that much tighter, so, again, 26 sounds better here.

I suppose another way to check then is to compared to your waist size. Do you have a 28 or 29 inch waist by any chance?

well the 28 isn't ULTRA baggy. they're still on the slim side to be honest. i usually wear really skinny jeans, so i just call them my baggy jeans lol

my actual natural waist? it's 26 inches. but where i usually wear my jeans on my hips is 31.5.. which i guess answers my question?

ok.. i guess what i should have asked was: since MiJ raw are 100% cotton and don't contain any stretch in them, will the fabric still be okay if i get the 26 and they stretch 3 inches from 28 to 31? or would it be best to go for the 27? i'm just leaning more towards the 26 because of the slimness factor.

another thing. people have said "more tension = more stretching". but at the same time, people have said they got the bigger size and it stretched too much. so much stuff to think about.. btw. Whimmypuh suggested 27.

my 27 came, they are the perfect fit for where i wear my jeans now, can just clip them and if they didnt sretch at all they would be great, that said i wear jeans that are still a couple of inches bigger in the waist so stretching won't be a problem and if they were skinnier they would be too much like my new cures.

the thighs are great, pretty much how i want them, just going to have to hem them and maybe get them tapered a little more while i'm at it.. the stacks just look too ridiculous at the moment.

Where you wear your jeans is 31.5? That would mean your true size is 31.5. Majority of people say go down 3 sizes, some say 2 some say 4. I say go down 3. That would mean 28. But since you are a maniac fan of SKINNY jeans you could try 27. Keep in mind, dior 19cm are not meant to be skinny jeans. They're slim fitting.

Going for a 26 sounds like suicide if you're really a 31.5 inch.

sz 26 = 28 inch. Meaning you want to stretch your waist 3.5 inches? Sounds crazy.

Quick question, If I wear size 28 dior black raws. Would I get size 28 in raw diors? I just wanted to clarify because sometimes black is smaller for some reason. Anywhere to find cheap at the moment?

The black raws are generally slightly slimmer than the indigo's, but this does not mean you should change your size completely. They will also take slightly longer to stretch out, but will in the end stretch about the same amount as the indigo version.

^

Quick question, If I wear size 28 dior black raws. Would I get size 28 in raw diors? I just wanted to clarify because sometimes black is smaller for some reason. Anywhere to find cheap at the moment?

10chars

Can someone school me on these? I see these selling for relatively cheap, even LVR has them for under $240 shipped. I'm intersted in buying them but need info on sizing, if they're sanforized, if they need an intial soak, etc. Thanks in advance!

Honestly dude...save your money

$240 and less will buy you a brand-new pair of MIJ raws. The quality on the red selvedge is reportedly very bad, and supposedly they smell bad too.

What size are you? Just forget the red selvedge.