sufu1

germany :: berlin :: general

damn just arrived, it's cold as fuck out here. still got to find a room, should it be possible to find an apartment in under 6 days? I'm at some airbnb spot so hopefully that's enough time. 

damn just arrived, it's cold as fuck out here. still got to find a room, should it be possible to find an apartment in under 6 days? I'm at some airbnb spot so hopefully that's enough time. 

gonna be difficult in 6 days....good luck though!

Its -10c, that aint even cold yet ffs.

for sure, if I need more time I can get it. damn if it gets any colder...

the snow is cool though I heard it was just raining the past few months so I'm glad it's not that. 

edit: probably going to eat my 3rd kebab in a row

Edited by spaces

^that's what I've been on lately, no replies yet unfortunately, that salt and pepper website is yielding no results either for apartments in berlin, but I'll keep checking. Me and my friend are trying to share a place for about 500-600 euro.

man i just crushed two döner kebabs at mustafa's on my first day here. shit is so real. you guys weren't kidding.

for those that get denied at berghain tonight... drone @ subland:

Open Doors: Midnight
Entrance: 8 Euro

----------------> Timeline <------------------

BIG ROOM
Armando Alibrandi 00:00 - 03:00
Under Konstruktion / Dj Fe 03:00- 04:30
NekRo Bot 04:30 - 06:00
A Ona Alessia 06:00 - end

SMALL ROOM
A/Ona 00:30 - 01:30
Lou Knpf 01:30 - 03:30
Diagenetic Origin 03:30 - 05:00
Mad Alba 05:00 - end

went to darklands the other day, took me forever to find it but thats obviously their MO.

some really incredible stuff in there, all the CCP was amazing to see in person. 

Any recommendations for a place where I can get a haircut and someone who speaks English fluently?

I've narrowed down 3 places through yelp, I'm looking to spend around 10-20€.

Can anyone vouch for these places? Haarmacher, Salon Schlumilu Friseur, or Ballyhoo Berlin?

I am very satisfied with hairsweethair by steven..few minutes by walk from U rathaus neukölln..but i think the price is about 20-25 euro..

heading there for 4 nights. any good cafes that is worth checking out?

Reingold makes a mean oldfashioned. Kirk is also kinda cool.

went to berghain last night, it was cool. 

anyone have experience getting any extension visa (student, residency, business?). 

Currently interning at acronym but I'd like to stay longer than the 90 days allowed, sucks if I'll have to leave. I could find a job or something but I don't really speak german. 

Presuming you're currently on a tourist visa right now, doing an unpaid internship? If Germany is anything like the UK, then there's no chance unless the company (Acronym) you're working at is willing to sponsor you a work visa. Alternatively, you could fly outside of the EU to a nearby European Country that isn't in the EU and reenter on another 90 day tourist visa. Norway and Switzerland spring to mind. Or... get hitched with a German chick.

Haha yeah, by sponsor you mean pay me as an employee I presume which I don't think is happening (lol). I could fly out of an EU country, that's 3 months of idle time though (unless I make it otherwise). I have a friend who lives in norway, seems a bit boring though. What if I paid Errolson, to pay me a fake salary, loophole(s) ? 

the cost of living in berlin is so much cheaper than everywhere else...damnit. 

I meant fly out to Norway (or another nearby country outside the EU) and fly back to Berlin the same day or the next day. When you arrive in Berlin they'll stamp your passport with another 90 day tourist visa.

Edited by rirawin

I can only presume Germany is the same as the UK, what with us being governed by EU laws etc.

Perhaps a German will know better... Or speak with the American consulate over there.

Also don't forget there's the cost of the working visa as well, in the UK it's about £2k, which the company (or you) has to front.

yeah for sure, the thing is with the EU visa is that they'll allow you to stay for 90 days every 180 days. So I'd have to go away for another 90 days until they can reissue the same tourist visa for another 180 day cycle. 

limited options are limited. 

I might pay the consulate a visit soon. 

edit: you think maybe I could just apply for the general employment visa? 

see here: http://www.germany-visa.org/work-employment-visa/

however I only graduated high school and don't have any vocational requirements, (oops). worth a shot maybe though. 

Edited by spaces

Ah didn't realise you couldn't reenter until 180 days had elapsed

apply for a work visa and have acronym to sponsor you, since you're already interning there it could count as ''vocational qualification''

if you were a college student / graduate you would have a lot more options though

Anyone here that can chime in on how often police check/enforce bike safety rules? Was thinking about bringing my fixed gear next time, but from what I understand German law requires you to have 2 brakes.. Which I do not. And Berlin police enforce it pretty harshly apparently? 

Anyone here that can chime in on how often police check/enforce bike safety rules? Was thinking about bringing my fixed gear next time, but from what I understand German law requires you to have 2 brakes.. Which I do not. And Berlin police enforce it pretty harshly apparently? 

I've been living here for some time now and the police never checked on me and my bike...they're pretty busy with other stuff i suppose. if they check on you the first time they will give you a warning, but if they catch you a second time without brakes, etc. they will confiscate the bike. just add a brake on one wheel and you won't get in trouble

A friend of mine got a verbal warning once for not having brake on an old Dutch bike, but they let him go, same for another friend with no light. You'll be fine with 1 brake. None is a bit suicidal anyway unless you ride slow and safe.