2009 Fullcount Contest thread

The time has come to choose...  

133 members have voted

1. 1. The time has come to choose...

• Sugar Cane 1947
    • Sugar Cane 1945
    • Fullcount 0105
    • Studio D'Artisan 101

I know eddie, it's this stacking mentality. I think stacking on a regular cut looks stupid anyway. 34" is plenty for me and it means a whole world of denims is available.

morse: They all measure 34" after the soak

yes sir thats the mentality...

thats why i respect you sahhrr!

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 34" is already too long for alot of people. I don't know why people want to stack so much. I think Sugar Canes will work fine with this competition, good price, you can get it in one wash to account for the shrinkage and nice cuts.

full count 1015 comes out to $220 or so right?

can't you get like SC 1947 for $130 in japan?

^ that's freaking awesome! Considering how many people don't want to fork out too much green, sugar canes could be a potential brand to do so, right? I would loooooove sugar cane raws since I only have a one-wash version. but it's up to everyone, that's just my 2 cents.

I can get any sugarcane jean from japan for way cheaper than they are sold here.

47s for about 140-150 shipped

Sugar Canes are probably the most marked up jean when they go abroad. It's (if I remember correctly) Toyo's decision, and they pull distribution rights from anyone who deviates (which certainly does their retailers no disservice, but sucks for us). Few examples. '47s are $132 in Japan, $217 in the US. The really nice slack weave slim denims are $195 in Japan, $325 here. Compared to most brands the mark up is scary.

Yeah I noticed that too. If people can get them from japan, they would be a good candidate for the contest. Lots of people seem keen. If we do go for sugar cane, I'd really like it to be one of the 50/50 cotton/sugar cane denims.

Wouldn't mind eternals either.

I like demonito's suggestion with the Take 5. Something new, whitch could turn out great.....

http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/i...46eb5cdb.jhtml

I didn't read all 9 pages yet, But I'd like to get in.

I do need a 38 inseam if there is any type of shrinkage though.

I've been wearing my Levi 1955 for the past 6 months and I'm just starting to get some nice wear to them...

what do I need to do to get in?

So now we are debating a Lee or Levi's repro according to the poll? If we are back to Sugar Cane that is most appealing to me. The Take 5 jeans look ok as a cut but I am not a fan of the details, seem a bit over done. I hope that as many people as possible would be able to be included in the contest, but there is going to be a certain factor that will unfortunately exclude some people, cost and inseam are appearing to be the biggest factors. Just curious how tall the people are that are needing 36" + inseams, is there stacking?

I normally wear a 34" inseam. Now if you have a 501XX then with shrinkage I need at least a 36 but a 38 works best. When it's all shrunk there's not stacking at all or cuffs...

im not the contest-type(although i love seeing other people's contest jean posts), and i must say finally cats realize you dont have to risk testicular cancer to get a decent result...''dudes, check out my prostate fade!!!"

im not the contest-type(although i love seeing other people's contest jean posts), and i must say finally cats realize you dont have to risk testicular cancer to get a decent result...''dudes, check out my prostate fade!!!"

to be honest the 660s really arent slim at all.

I agree with a few others in regards to the Take 5 suggestion, not really digging them.

From the poll results it seems like just as many people are interested in Levi's as they are Lee's. Why not go with a company that offers both? Sugar Cane has the 47s that people are interested in and they also have the 45 Lee's. I believe that both are readily available through "US friendly shipping" stores on Rakuten. I know that Vari carries them but i'm not sure what their stock is right now. We could have an over arching Sugar Cane competition but split it up between Levi's and Lee's.

I could also e-mail Gordon and see if he can work something out with Sugar Cane to get longer inseams on pairs needing them and maybe change the color on the patch from red to green. Just a subtle change that would make the jeans personal to us wearing them. But by doing that it would increase the price of either the 45/47s to around $217 each. If it's not important to people to have changes made then we can go through Rakuten or other Japanese sites to acquire the denim.

Mr. Invincible, which Union contest are you talking about?

I e-mailed Ande Whall to see if he would be interested in making jeans for the contest but with the amount of orders he currently has the potentially large number of individuals interested in this, he would be unable to sew all jeans since he does all of the work on his own. He has a "Miner" cut coming in the future made from Cone Mills denim which I was interested in using. The measurements look like what we were shooting for. Though we won't be using them for this I suggest everyone check them out.

minerchartox6.jpg

Once we get a pair of jeans nailed down i'll start taking PMs for people that want to be involved so we can figure out the numbers.

Maybe I'm just being selfish...I don't want to have to pay another $60-70 on a pair of SC... (especially when I don't need that extra inseam) haha. I'd rather just proxy through Japan.

Believe me, I hear you. I e-mailed Gordon to see what he had to say about it. If the longer inseams can't be generated then we can either choose different jeans with a longer inseam or some people may not be able to participate due to the denim not being long enough.

I'd like to include as many as I can, that's why I e-mailed him to ask.

Denim Phenom,

I meant this contest,

http://www.sugarcanejeans.co.uk/forum/competition/sugar-cane-jeans-competition-4.html

I have already made a small thread suggesting a contest on there, but the admin said after their union jeans give away which ends this month. I can check and ask them how much they can offer in a contest (hopefully they are just more than admins to a forum)

but good idea, we can have a GENERAL SUGAR CANE competiton, A specific sugar cane(like 1947) or just a Combo Sugar Cane competition (1947 & 66's?)

I think we can score some Sugar Canes <$200. If we do choose to go with sugar canes, i would hope we can get some sort of customization. lets start designing the patch! lol jaykay jaykay no bite.

Etruscan,

I have not seen the xx-007/9 in person but from evo pictures I haven't been impressed by them.

I've taken many of the evo pics on the board, and the pics suck. So, that makes sense. You should see them in person, they're pretty. That being said, weird denim seems like a bad idea for a contest anyway.