1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else kind of disappointed?

kiya/beatle kind of hyped it up to be something amazing that you wouldn't want to miss, but it looks pretty similar to the sushi-ear denim. (one selvage line is purple in the sushi ear) Canvas pockets are the same, pockets look pretty similar..

*shrug* we'll see how it fades

How different did you want it to be?

It's a five pocket jean made of japanese selvedge denim.

Sorry about that initial post.. there were a couple of small errors..

Here are the new measurements and info:

Size 28...

Waist: 29.5

Inseam: 36

Front Rise: 9.1

Thigh: 10.5

Leg Opening: 8.6 (But will be 8.1" on the final version)

15.5oz rope dyed 100% pure indigo selvedge denim... hidden rivets... sufu rep bar stitch... military grade canvas lined rear pockets and front pocket bags... original straight leg fit...

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

Fit pics coming in the next few days..

hey k> how about sending us a couple of red tabs and thread so we can saw in out own arcs and tabs eh???

hows my idea or what???

keep it up dont care much about the price im sure this is going to be very nice project

theres nothing illegal about sending customers some piece of tabs and threads for repair right?!?

yeah i was thinking the same but dp said it was a no go.

edit:

what dp said...

I received a reply from Gordon about the tabs. Even if the tabs are supplied loosely and then applied, it would be a violation of the Levi's agreement or whatever. He said we could possibly sew one on the front coin pocket.

List on first page updated.

On Friday I'll take a final count of all the rivet/button votes and let you guys know which ones won.

maybe kiya can work some magic but it looks like the stitch rep bar looks pretty set in stone.

what if we just chip in and have someone buy us a roll of red tabs and some threads..?!?! or heck ill just have someone get us a pack of red tabs and maybe 3 feet of thread for everyone but how about the shipment? ill just send it over to selfedge ??

what if we just chip in and have someone buy us a roll of red tabs and some threads..?!?! or heck ill just have someone get us a pack of red tabs and maybe 3 feet of thread for everyone but how about the shipment? ill just send it over to selfedge ??

that's why everyone loves you.

Unless I've missed something, these are sanforized, so the pre/post wash info isn't needed. The talk about the thigh measurements being too small seems odd; my tagged-30 APCs and Diors have thighs around the size of these 28's. I don't know what the point is in working to make this project if people just want to make them look like some other pair. Personally, I don't want people thinking they're just another pair of Levis.

I've basically had to retire my indigo jeans, and have held off buying a pair since this project is almost upon us. Two more months isn't bad at all. Sample looks great Kiya :cool:

Sorry about that initial post.. there were a couple of small errors..

Here are the new measurements and info:

Size 28...

Waist: 29.5

Inseam: 36

Front Rise: 9.1

Thigh: 10.5

Leg Opening: 8.6 (But will be 8.1" on the final version)

according to this i predict the following:

tagged size 34 - raw 35.5 waist

tagged size 35 - raw 36.5 waist

tagged size 36 - raw 37.5 waist

if the shrinkage is max. 1", i would definitly need to size down 1, maybe 2.

so i will have to change my vote from 36 to 35.

kiya - let me know whether my estimations are correct!

How different did you want it to be?

It's a five pocket jean made of japanese selvedge denim.

So are my skulls?

I wasn't really expecting anything really different.. but like how Pherrows has the flannel pockets and multi-colored buttons, or how evisu has handpainted arcs, how the sushi ear stuff had the military canvas pockets. I was expecting something to set it apart from the other pairs of denim out there.

It's definitely looking cool, but you guys hyped it up like it was going to have something special to it, but all I see is the repbar stitching, which was kind of a let down.

I'm sorry but you are acting like an idiot or you have no clue what you are talking about...

It's a fucking five pocket jean...

Tabs are out of bound, arcuates where decided against because noone could settle on one.

What is left? The denim, pocket bags, rivets, patch and the fit/cut...

What is special about these jeans?

The denim (do I have to remind you that Dry Bones used a denim on these that is new for them), fit/cut (trust by now that this will be on point), fucking rep bar embroidery, patch designed by our own Jimmyc, it being the first fucking official Superfuture collaboration jean...

Nobody is forcing you to be part of this or buy these, if you want to make your own fucking jeans, go here!

Have fun!

Looking forward to seeing the final measurements on all sizes, but I'm worried to read Kiya state they are a flat 36" inseam raw.

The initial spec was 38" / 40", IIRC ?

Sanforized or not, I cant start off with a flat 36" inseam - once you consider that all important 0.5" - 1" shrinkage after washing, I'd be left with a standard pair of "non tall people jeans", LOL.

Great work on the denim and tab though.

These are the drop out's that I have down so far

was ist los?

malky

brohymn

I<3Bacon

qwing

Mr Black

emmitbrown

chapital

erbs

Opie

Quik

bonanz

enojy

Pirken

CrashTestBrummie

shuka

Supawiwi

cjbreed

braidkid

dave023

tmadd

Alex3000

DrMoBueno

7-eleven

Oh excellent...the sample size was a 28 and not 29. Still pretty damn slim...(F310 is 11" on unsanforized denim). Seems really small...but then again, the thigh measurement on a pair of Nudies Straight Sven is less than 10" (10" on a 29) and those aren't THAT slim. Specs looking more promising...*still crossing fingers*
This exactly proves my point.. The Straight Sven, which is far from a slim jean, has a smaller thigh measurement than the SEXDBXS09 jean..
I just got 20 PM's from people asking questions about the measurements..

I cannot stress enough, comparing measurements and numbers to other jeans is NOT a great way to compare fits, photos are far better... These jeans are a straight leg jean with a slight taper and a mid/low rise (closer to mid..).

I'll post photos as soon as i can find somebody that's skinny enough to fit into a size 29.. I'm about one size away from getting into these..

rofl.

so..........

Allright - just got back and saw the pics...

The Texas Cotton looks really smooth - surprised since it's such a short fibre...but I guess sanforization smoothed it out ?

Anyways - can't wait for first fit pics....

I thought the same thing. I hope they become a little slubbier as you wash/wear them. It's cool they are using a brand new denim for this project. There's no history whatsoever to go on.

I'm stoked about these. Natural indigo, texas cotton, sufu patch...

I'm sorry but you are acting like an idiot or you have no clue what you are talking about...

It's a fucking five pocket jean...

Tabs are out of bound, arcuates where decided against because noone could settle on one.

What is left? The denim, pocket bags, rivets, patch and the fit/cut...

What is special about these jeans?

The denim (do I have to remind you that Dry Bones used a denim on these that is new for them), fit/cut (trust by now that this will be on point), fucking rep bar embroidery, patch designed by our own Jimmyc, it being the first fucking official Superfuture collaboration jean...

Nobody is forcing you to be part of this or buy these, if you want to make your own fucking jeans, go here!

Have fun!

Uh. Not to be a dick, but people are probably not excited because we don't know anything about the denim. I have a normal pair of Red-D's and I'm not terribly in love with the denim, and we know nothing about the new shit. A cool patch is great, but if you put it on a jean no one wants to wear, WHO GIVES A FUCK?

Uh. Not to be a dick, but people are probably not excited because we don't know anything about the denim. I have a normal pair of Red-D's and I'm not terribly in love with the denim, and we know nothing about the new shit. A cool patch is great, but if you put it on a jean no one wants to wear, WHO GIVES A FUCK?

THEN DONT LOOK AT THIS THREAD.

Neg rep for being a pain in the ass.