479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I've missed something, these are sanforized, so the pre/post wash info isn't needed. The talk about the thigh measurements being too small seems odd; my tagged-30 APCs and Diors have thighs around the size of these 28's. I don't know what the point is in working to make this project if people just want to make them look like some other pair. Personally, I don't want people thinking they're just another pair of Levis.

I've basically had to retire my indigo jeans, and have held off buying a pair since this project is almost upon us. Two more months isn't bad at all. Sample looks great Kiya :cool:

Oh yeah... forgot about them being sanforized :P

I'm sorry but you are acting like an idiot or you have no clue what you are talking about...

It's a fucking five pocket jean...

Tabs are out of bound, arcuates where decided against because noone could settle on one.

What is left? The denim, pocket bags, rivets, patch and the fit/cut...

What is special about these jeans?

The denim (do I have to remind you that Dry Bones used a denim on these that is new for them), fit/cut (trust by now that this will be on point), fucking rep bar embroidery, patch designed by our own Jimmyc, it being the first fucking official Superfuture collaboration jean...

Nobody is forcing you to be part of this or buy these, if you want to make your own fucking jeans, go here!

Have fun!

Denim: We don't know anything about the denim, and from the pics it just looks like a heavier weight sushiear..

Fit/cut: A Slim Cut with a slight taper? Didn't we choose the cut so that it could be super generic and allow anybody to participate in this contest?

Rep bar: Probably the coolest thing on these jeans.

Sufu Collab: I don't know how this makes it all that special, that's like slapping a brand on something and making it 'cool' because of it.

(I'm done complaining, cause I understand that that's all I'm doing, and I'm still looking forward to participate, but my point is that it was hyped up to be something sooo amazing, with people saying that we should sign up cause we don't want to miss it, etc. It's still a solid five pocket, and I'll probably end up getting it regardless.)

THEN DONT LOOK AT THIS THREAD.

Neg rep for being a pain in the ass.

Why can't we look at this thread? We were getting just as stoked as you guys were on such an intense collab/contest.

Fit/cut: A Slim Cut with a slight taper? Didn't we choose the cut so that it could be super generic and allow anybody to participate in this contest?

Not sure how many times i have to say this on every page.. THIS IS NOT A SLIM JEAN.

i'm not complaining, but i WOULD like to hear more about the denim. kiya says that db has never used this kind of denim before. does this mean other companies DO use it? if so, could we know who uses it so that we know what kind of fades etc. to expect and so we can look at more pictures? so its texas cotton 15.5 oz anything else..?

No other company has used this denim, they made three samples runs of different denim to my specs and this was the best looking one out of the three.

Not sure what else you're looking for in regards to the "anything else..?" comment, i've stated the weight, dye type, dye procedure, and cotton origin.

OK, you know what,

all you guys sound like a bunch of pussies because you are afraid to start a pair of jeans that nobody has seen a worn in pair of.

There, said it.

PUSSIES!

edit: FADING PROPERTIESSSSSS!!!

But honestly, this board used to be about discovering new things, trying them out and sharing them with others... When the Samurai contest started people hardly new what they were getting into, now it's all "Texas cotton this, Texas cotton that.

If you don't like the look of these jeans or don't see why they would be anything special because it has the Superfuture name on them, then why would you want them in first place.

Don't be all disappointed because others were excited about these and voiced that already...

Not sure how many times i have to say this on every page.. THIS IS NOT A SLIM JEAN.

hey kiya, why and who did decide on a SLIM CUT again?!

i thought this is going to be sth SPECIAL?!

:D:P:rolleyes:

(sam, if you read this before kiya - give him his time to calm down. it might get really messy!)

wow this is great. people having their say and bitching about things they dont like. i mean you cant please everyone and thats why there is more than one competition that is taking place. end of the day its up to the consumer to decide. like the jeans then join. i am waiting for more details too! but so far, seems interesting nevertheless!

I think a lot of people keep forgetting that those pictures were just taken quickly so that Kiya could show us what the SAMPLES look like. I think that a lot of your minds will change once we see detailed pictures with the patch on and everything.

So let's keep the negativity down and just wait for some more substantial pictures to show up. Then you can unload your comments, complains, etc.

wow this is great. people having their say and bitching about things they dont like. i mean you cant please everyone and thats why there is more than one competition that is taking place. end of the day its up to the consumer to decide. like the jeans then join. i am waiting for more details too! but so far, seems interesting nevertheless!

why can't people voice their valid opinions that happen to be negative? if ten more hypebeasts gush more about how they love every aspect of these jeans no one hates on them--

so stupid

yo, some of you are being straight up bitches

you really think they're gonna put all this effort into a pair of jeans and not have it be as top-notch as could be? to me they look excellent so far and im definitely excited about these...great job guys

Just came back from selfedge to try on the sample pair with iGIT. The fit is straight fitting and the leg opening was huge but it was just the sample. I'm going to wait for a size down. For me i liked the fit from the waist to the knees. There was alot of space knee down. The denim was beautiful though.

Igit took some fit pics maybe he'll post it up. He had a good fit.

Just came back from selfedge to try on the sample pair with iGIT. The fit is straight fitting and the leg opening was huge but it was just the sample. I'm going to wait for a size down. For me i liked the fit from the waist to the knees. There was alot of space knee down. The denim was beautiful though.

Igit took some fit pics maybe he'll post it up. He had a good fit.

Exactly... And like i had stated before, the only difference in fit between this sample and the final is that the leg opening will be between .5" and .8" smaller and therefore the entire leg below the knee will be smaller.

Went to self edge today with poppoppop and was able to try on the dry bones. I was iffy about the fit at first but that's because i've been wearing skinny jeans for the last 9 months and I would just have to get use to straight leg again. They fit really well on me for a 28 and I will probably stick with this size. As popopopopopop said, the denim is reallly nice. Took some fit pictures for everyone with my camera so they're blurry and all.

Random thoughts about the denim - the pockets are really low and they sit pretty low too. ( none of these are a bad thing )

My normal waist size is a 29. If anyone has / had skulls5010xx in 29, i would recommend going with a 28 in the dry bones.

downsized1031081456pi0.jpg

1031081456asf2.jpg

downsized1031081455as9.jpg

downsized1031081455arf0.jpg

10310814542wf1.jpg