Ann Demeulemeester Mens S/S 09 Paris

inaya

dem16.jpg

My love.

I'll get this cardigan in the second rarest size, XS. Is it patterned knit or fishnet mesh? Kinda reminds me of that old Ann D. women's collection from way way back, like 2001?ish...

llow/dem25.jpg[/img]

Like I described this look to my friend, it's so badass, like he's some sort of professional hitman, who's so awesome he never gets any blood on him, and wears white to say fuck you to hiding in the dark. I mean, look at that stare!

I know what you mean, but I don't get that at all. Maybe a arenophile that is on leave to the middle-east?

dem16.jpg

i would fuck this.

I agree with you on many things in here but not this look. I didn't get the vibe that he borrowed his wife's clothes, but rather my impression was that he looked really stylish in a sort of light, airy, ethereal way and that the proportions were really nice... the jewlery was one of the last things I noticed, hehe :o

I think sometimes gender is a state of mind when it comes to clothing, or at the least is really subjective. The same way a woman can stylishly pull off men's clothing, I think a man can do the same with "feminine" things.

I dont mind a certain level of femininity, but I think the combination of light colours, the hat and the pearls really make it look like an old lady outfit at a quick glance. I'm not saying it looks terrible, just kind of on the fence. and I dont mind the older guys rocking those looks otherwise, though.

Im really sick of seeing this guy on all the "gothy" shows.

The steezy old dudes look muuuuch better in this collection and breathe some new life into that tired Ann D look. Hooray

Just what I have been thinking... I mean, he's not even that interesting to look at.

I also like the older models. The overall collection not so much. Been there, done that. But that's Ann for you. Some beautiful pieces here and there. Hope the women's a better twist as usual.

And I hope to God that it's not oversized rosaries they're wearing.

Ahaha. I was thinking that somewhere along the line. :P

I'll get this cardigan in the second rarest size, XS. Is it patterned knit or fishnet mesh? Kinda reminds me of that old Ann D. women's collection from way way back, like 2001?ish...

I'm relatively sure it's knit. I'm really not sure how her size charts work though and would like to. I'm trying to figure out if an M would be relatively loose on me. Any ideas?

Love the old-men collection.

Most of the young men fits are thumbs down to me. And while I am a fan on femmenine things looking good on men (moreso vise versa) the polkadots were an annoying print to see on that one that lowery pointed out. I would hate to see men everywhere start to wear polkadots so large and uniformly printed :(

That's probably the biggest thing I have issues with on this one. I'm not a fan of the sleezy prints she uses in her men's shows and she seems to make a statement by doing just that. However, that side-slung cardigan is irresistable.