C.R.O.S.U. : Comic Readers of Sufu Unite

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yoooooooooo stop with the 90s comic hate, okay shit was pimped out to the max and there were some really bad story arcs and villains and etc, but thats when i grew up and i cant hate on that...xmen had a lot of great stories during the 90s and lots of great cartoons based on comics came out too.

Jeep you close to getting on my ignore list for riding that Egyptian mutant dick.

OOOOH SOCIAL DARWINISM. Yey concepts I learned in like the 3rd grade. Add that to some of the worst illustrations this side of Roger Cruz and you got stinkier shit than a white man after a curry festival.

And what Marvel issues from the 70's do you own? What condition? My old boss might be interested, unless they suck. And considering you don't do inventory, they just might.

aight, no hate, I'mma side wit my boy Lib on this one.

a quick look at the miniscule amount of old comics ive kept, and it's mostly crossovers, minis, and 1/2s lol...fuckkk comics used to be less than 2, less than 1.50, and even less than a dollar not TOO long ago...fuckkkk.

wtf silver surfer and witchblade did a crossover?

lawl marvel vs dc...

preacher is fucking great except i felt it kind of fizzled towards the end.

a preacher movie would be dope... buscemi being the obvious choice to play cassidy. johnny depp kind of looks like custer, but depp sucks (0).

This would be dope. Another choice for custer could be Howie Mandell if he still had the hair. (10)

No, I read it and liked it a lot and was just wondering if anyone else appreciated it!

Yeah it's definitely cool, I was a little annoyed with Cass's character when he was going for Custers girl but I liked it and the end was good too.

Jeep you close to getting on my ignore list for riding that Egyptian mutant dick.

OOOOH SOCIAL DARWINISM. Yey concepts I learned in like the 3rd grade. Add that to some of the worst illustrations this side of Roger Cruz and you got stinkier shit than a white man after a curry festival.

And what Marvel issues from the 70's do you own? What condition? My old boss might be interested, unless they suck. And considering you don't do inventory, they just might.

aight, no hate, I'mma side wit my boy Lib on this one.

yoooooooooo stop with the 90s comic hate, okay shit was pimped out to the max and there were some really bad story arcs and villains and etc, but thats when i grew up and i cant hate on that...xmen had a lot of great stories during the 90s and lots of great cartoons based on comics came out too.

I'm with Lib on this - thats the shit I grew up on. There was a lot of shit and comic quality overall wasn't great, but I love 90's comics.

Lab get on chat, I have all the comics right here in my room and I can give you some titles to see if you're interested. Condition is good to good+ on the scale of things.

these is probably worth the most, like $15-20

Fathom Preview - Sketch Variant

Limited500-FathomPreview.jpg

Ultimate Spiderman #33 (first appearance of venom or something)

33-2.jpg

but some faves are

Excalibur #1

excalibur11088.jpg

Excalibur # 4

ef_1_b.JPG

Uncanny X-men #390 ("death" of colossus)

uxmen390-thumb.jpg

I have older stuff and a bunch of What If...?'s but I cant find them right now

I have a whole bunch of Excalibur's lying around... its enjoyable because its more light-hearted then other X-men related series and the art is usually pretty good.

Ain't no Uncanny X-men with Jim Lee @ the helm though.

ultimate spiderman is probably the best spidey comic out right now..venom just came too..

Do the people currently reading read their shit online or buy the books?

I get torrents of comic runs from Demonoid and Waffles and read them through CDisplay. I will eventually buy some, but I'm not gonna blind buy anything.

Too bad about Michael Turner :(

I'm down to reading Scalped, Vinyl Underground, Locke and Key, and The Boys.

Madame Mirage was pretty cool while it lasted. Can't wait for more of Kyle Baker's Special Forces.

Ok so in the past few days I just read the Dark Knight Returns, Year One, and the Long Halloween. I've really enjoyed them.Think I can get any suggestions on other stuff? Doesn't need to be Batman either. I'm looking for either Graphic Novels or compilations. I read all of civil War also

Thanks

^yeah! c'moon DC give me Absolute Dark Victory!

and R.I.P. to Michael Turner. Never liked his worked much, felt like he was catering to comicbook hypebeasts but he made variants cool again and from all accounts seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

thenewscumtpbyf6.jpg

Just finished this one, got to wait until next week to get my co-worker to bring in the next issue pack.

Anybody else read Transmetropolitan? I was very skeptical at first but the more I read of it the more obsessed I've become, and its for sure my favorite now.

I only read Hellboy...

but i LOOOOVE IT

Yea, but it's still the most overrated DH comic out there. Hated the movie. I'm not a big fan of Pan's Laby, so I'll avoid the second flick too.

Anyway, I used to be a big DC nut, despite the fact that I hate Superman and want him to die.

So, here's my recs:

Supes:

For All Seasons, KC, Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow

JSA:

Basically all of it, starting with Justice Be Done....Darkness Falls, Return of Hawkman, Fair Play, Stealing Thunder, Savage Times, etc. I stopped reading around Mixed Signals.

Flash:

Any Flash by Geoff Jones

From Blood Will Run to Rogue War etc

Bats:

Shit that's already been mentioned, like Loeb/Sale and Year One. I'm a fan of early Gotham Central stuff too. In the Line of Duty, for ex.

DC Universe:

B/c of Michael Turner, I'm gonna rep Identity Crisis

also, if you want a better understanding of what's going on now, might wanna read up on Infinite Crisis and all that shit. Ugh.

I wasnt the hugest fan of the film either.. Hellboy has definite corniness that doesnt carry over so well to film, it works in the books I guess because it's balanced with a lot of detail in the art and many panels where there is no dialogue.

I love them because of all the folklore and stories he uses as sources... I love that stuff.

Plus, it features the Baba Yaga who scared the shit out of me as a bebe