C.R.O.S.U. : Comic Readers of Sufu Unite

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped reading around the time of the Ultimates. I try to avoid any comic discussion because I get mad about what I've missed and don't want to cop a bajillion tpb's trying to catch up with what's poppin in the Marvel universe.

dum youve missed quite a lot in the marvel universe but all you need to know is this:

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad mutants lost their powers...im talkin bout MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD mutants.

there was a civil war of some sort and uh....captain america is dead...

skrull invasion, whuttttttttttttttt

what ultimates were you reading? some of em are really top notch comics with good writing and drawings imo, plus you dont really have to worry too much about past events if youre just getting into it...

the dc stuff i read and enjoyed were the frank miller batmans i especially love year one

my favourite all time comic is chester brown's ed the happy clown

also was a big fan of peter bagge's hate

carlos casteneda's crisis did the whole enviromentalist global warming big corparations are evil in the 80's

i loved late 70's early 80's 2000ad, rogue trooper, judge dread, abc warriors, robo hunter

and before that i was addicted to buster, whizzer and chips, and jackpot.

the dc stuff i read and enjoyed were the frank miller batmans i especially love year one

What the fuck. Frank Miller's Batman - excluding Year One - is some of the most awful shit ever written. All-Star Bats was a fucking disgrace.

I met the guy, and he's an insane neocon. I try not to hate on someone because of their political leanings, but he's an extremist. And I think he was afraid of me...he thought I was Muslim.

His other shit, like Sin City, isn't bad.

Loeb/Sale does the best Batman. 'nuff said.

Loeb/Sale does the best Batman. 'nuff said.

Agreed, always been a Loeb/Sale fan. The Long Halloween and Dark Victory series was awesome. I like their work on the Marvel "color" series as well.

You guys talking about mah shit.

Anyone see Wanted? I didn't even realize the movie was an adaptation of the comic book until the credits rolled. Why even option this shit when you change 95% of it? Not like Mark Millar has star writer appeal.

I wish they still made those collectable cards for comic book characters with the bio and power lvls in the back.

Been getting huge into comics this past summer. Stopped reading this week to get into a book, but I finished reading Civil War, Planet Hulk and WW Hulk. Some of Civil War was great, same with Planet Hulk. Didn't really like WW Hulk at all but I'm not really a hulk fan so whatever.

Also I just read some Punisher comics, Born and The Cell. Both were awesome, will probably read more Punisher MAX and War Journal's in a few weeks.

I'm also fairly up to date with the new Captain America. Really like Bucky/ Winter Soldier so I may start regularly buying this series, I just have trouble justifying the money spent on comics cause I burn through em so quick.

I haven't stayed current on comics in about... 10 years. Last time I bought a new comic must've been like... '97, or '98. But I do love comics. Favorite series: Age of Apocalypse. Shit was so awesome.

I have like hundreds of comics I'm looking to sell... and I think this thread was made before in superculture.

oh well

civil war sucked. made dick limp.

I haven't stayed current on comics in about... 10 years. Last time I bought a new comic must've been like... '97, or '98. But I do love comics. Favorite series: Age of Apocalypse. Shit was so awesome.

I have like hundreds of comics I'm looking to sell... and I think this thread was made before in superculture.

oh well

no one wants shitty 90s comics. they can find that crap in 25cent bins. unless you have steez of value, just donate to poor libraries so poor kids can read poor/good.

I'm looking for golden age earth 2 Batman right now. Got any? CGC graded?

civil war sucked. made dick limp.

no one wants shitty 90s comics. they can find that crap in 25cent bins. unless you have steez of value, just donate to poor libraries so poor kids can read poor/good.

I'm looking for golden age earth 2 Batman right now. Got any? CGC graded?

Nope. Mostly Marvel from mid 70's to early 90's (depending on the comic). I have a fuckload of Avengers comics that are worth next to nothing. Everything is good to good+ condition. I do have a small amount of various independent and offshoot label comics, and a handful of DC comics.

I have never full inventoried what I own.

EDIT: eat my balls Lab, AoA is fucking badass and there are tons of comics from the 90's that kickass. You're just a bitch about it. :P