supermeatheads

kunk75

kunk, I also find less jackass' following you around asking if you need a spot or trying to get you to join up for something at these type of places. Good ol' fashinoned "lift weight and grunt" type of gyms. I truly wish that I could afford a shit ton of workout stuff at home and never have to go to the gym again.

my uncle has an insane, 4500 sq ft home gym but still goes to the gym

my friend has a really nice set up, too, and we train there once a week, but we still go to the gym

i need the environment of a gym to really push it.

but, i do cardio at home. it's a waste of gym time.

This was one of my main reasons for putting it off for so long... I figured that I would eventually become lazy and either not give 100% or not even use the stuff at all after a while. I do have a really nice treadmill at home, which I find annoying at the very least and only use when it's inclimate weather out. eh... The gym would be a nice idea tho.

hai guyz

i work out everyday

usually do one of these a day:

chest and triceps

back and biceps

shoulders

legs

cardio and abs everyday

basketball, tennis, soccer - at least one of those everyday

I'm still skinnier than twig. Need to eat more.

Lmfao, get the fuck outta here little bitch... Always fucking crying over shit on the internet... Wah, wah, wah.

That's your name from now on, LITTLE BITCH. Get a life outside the fucking internet, your world revolves around it way too much. You're probably a quiet ass little fuck that keeps to himself in real life... Another nerd that finds comfort on here.

you are registered in like 6 different forums where you post waywt's and shit(although shit and your waywt's fit in the same category) and i'm the one who needs to get a real life outside the internet? you sir, are fucking retarded

Niggah please.

I been on other forums for a bit, and barely have posts on them... And you're sitting there talking about THOUSANDS.

Look at your post count and the other forums that you've mentioned you were on. Hahaha, quit fucking crying bitch. Yes, you do need to get a real life outside the internet... Instead of browsing forums all day and finding things to bitch and cry about... Go put in some work.

I already feel the next post coming along the lines of... WAH, WAH, WAH... YOU'RE RETARDED!

Niggah please.

I been on other forums for a bit, and barely have posts on them... And you're sitting there talking about THOUSANDS.

Look at your post count and the other forums that you've mentioned you were on. Hahaha, quit fucking crying bitch. Yes, you do need to get a real life outside the internet... Instead of browsing forums all day and finding things to bitch and cry about... Go put in some work.

I already feel the next post coming along the lines of... WAH, WAH, WAH... YOU'RE RETARDED!

you're retarded

i'm friends with one, but they are typically better versed in what a normal person should eat as opposed to someone trying to pack on mass. for the majority of people, it's prolly a good idea. people have no idea what to eat. everyday i see chicks ordering 3000 calorie salads and guys eating 2 egg whites.

Does anyone else go to a nutrionist?

Can someone go through a list of the basics, no frills, nig*ah lifting workouts.

I am plateauing and my freakishly long arms aren't helping. Currently at 160lb, and would like to be around a solid 165lb - 170lb by the begining of September.

So far I got:

Flat Bench

Pulls Ups (I can do 20, maybe not worth mentioning, but this took a lot of effort.)

Military Press

Dead Lift

Squat

^how long have you been trying to up your pull up game? You should always try to double what youre currently doing every 2 weeks or so.

are you doing free weights at all? free weights are important

I went from 10 pulls up to 20 in about 2 weeks (installing a pull up bar in my laundry room was the GREATEST idea ever). For about half a year I would do 5 sets of 10 to get to 50 (that was my magic number). My friend suggested getting the rep up, and using less sets. So I managed to get to 20 on my first set, after two weeks of training.

I went to failure at 24, and have not tried to get there since.

I am starting to wear a backpack, and can do about 10 with 10lbs on. Sadly, my back is probably the strongest part of my body, and thus I would like advice for everything else (including back).

dumbell curls + bench press = win

yes.

curls get the gurls.

I went from 10 pulls up to 20 in about 2 weeks (installing a pull up bar in my laundry room was the GREATEST idea ever). For about half a year I would do 5 sets of 10 to get to 50 (that was my magic number). My friend suggested getting the rep up, and using less sets. So I managed to get to 20 on my first set, after two weeks of training.

I went to failure at 24, and have not tried to get there since.

I am starting to wear a backpack, and can do about 10 with 10lbs on. Sadly, my back is probably the strongest part of my body, and thus I would like advice for everything else (including back).

do you actually

want to get stronger, lift more weight on the bench, squat, dead that you mentioned, or do you want to get bigger/heavier. from experience there are a couple of differences between these. getting bigger is probably the easiest...simple equation, just lift weight, no cardio, and eat a shitload. if you want a huge b,s,d, you can make alot of gains just from looking at your technique. trying to get extremely strong kinda comes from a combination of everything.

sorry about the vagueness of above, if you get abit more specific with what you actually want, i can suggest a few things.

kickeye - i am looking to get slightly bigger, but more importantly i want to gain strength. I am looking to gain about 10 lbs of muscle without gaining any fat. I am pretty fit now and sport decent abs, and would rather not lose the abs for the sake of gaining 10 lbs.

Hope this is making sense, basically get pretty and stronger.

Ok first off

this is like the million dollar question…every man and his dog wants to gain abit of size and strength without putting on any fat. Truth is, to gain weight most effectively; you HAVE to put on abit of fat. You have to eat a shitload of calories. Then you can cut back.

10lbs isn’t really that much weight to put on though, so you can kinda do it without eating shit/getting sloppy. The exercises your currently doing for strength you mentioned earlier…bench, chins, overhead press, squat, dead are all good, key exercises. However, what sort of reps/sets are you doing on these? For bigger strength gains, (but not so much size) try lowering down reps to like 5 and below. Repping out won’t give you major strength gains, you want to be feeling really heavy weight, not fucking around with 10 reps.

So for example on bench, start off really light for a couple sets of 10, then maybe a couple sets of 8/6 on a bit heavier weight, then from here, you want to do like 4-5 sets working down to like 1 or 2 reps of a weight which is like 90% or above of your 1RM.

Also as a suggestion, and what has worked for me in the past, is picking two exercises per session that you really want to hit hard, then the rest are just supplementary exercises, still relatively hard but not max effort shit. For example, on a max effort upper day, you could do bench, and weighted chins hard, and go real heavy on these as above. Then after you could do bis, tris, shoulder/delt work for sets of 10 or whatever, to get a burn as this will put on size. I found this puts on strength really well, plus it’s easy in the long run going to the gym knowing you have to only perform/focus on two things.

for your size, try just upping your (clean) calorie intake abit, this should get you bigger but not sloppy. and having like 4-5 protein shakes a day helps.

Anyways hope this helps abit. I’m sure kunk or whoever can probably suggest other shit as well…im open to any suggestions myself.

Great thread. I'm 130ish 5'11-6' and can't gain weight. I've been at this weight my whole life, been to doctors, eat everything I can get my hands on and no gain. Doctor says it will catch up to me when I get older, but I know there is something I can do. I don't have a problem being this size (shit fits) but want to gain at least 10-15 lbs. Never hit the weights really pushups almost everyday, basketball sometimes when I'm not lazy. I even go as far as only eating things with the most calories at restaurants (fast food, etc.). Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

I'm 22 btw.

to grow any modicum of muscle, one should consume 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight (i eat 2.5 per, but you prolly don't want to look like me). slim as you are, you probably don't have a carb-sensitivity issue, so you can up carb intake (healthy carbs, no white bread, moderate sugars, etc.)

think knucks remarked a dfew pages ago that if people wrote down what they ate each day, they'd be shocked at low their caloric intake is. this cannot be overstated.

far as working out/training/whatever, the tried and true ways to increase muscle growth are to increase volume (i.e., how many sets/reps you are doing) or intensity (how much weight/resistance). any exercise is good and better than none, but those two variables are important.