supermeatheads

kunk75

Guest the BUTTMAN
if you're looking for a slow-digesting protein source for bedtime and you hate cottage cheese (or lactose-intolerant, like me), you can always turn to micellar casien or calcium casienate

dorian yates is a good product.Make sure micellar casein is the first ingredient on the label,as some companies only include 5-10% of micellar casein and the rest whey.Take it with milk,as the fat in the milk will further slow down the absorption.Micellar can be very hard to dissolve.You might need to use a blender.If it blends too easily,u know then that it is mostly whey and not micellar

caseinate casein is way inferior to micellar.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mic.html

• 2 weeks later...
^how long have you been trying to up your pull up game? You should always try to double what youre currently doing every 2 weeks or so.

are you doing free weights at all? free weights are important

thats ridiculous, double every two weeks? I weight 200 flat and I can max out at 20. I can hardly increase by one or two reps every week. I should be able to do 40 in two weeks?

anyone else here who eats particularly clean notice that when they cheat or eat something high in refined sugar they get "high"?

im cheating a lot more these days but a few months ago the only simple sugar i EVER consumed was post workout (didn't even eat fruit, drink milk, etc) and when i snapped a few times throughout the year and ate a litre of ice cream i was literally euphoric while eating it

shits crazy

wow, never knew this thread existed. didn't think i could come out of the protein guzzling (no homo) gymorexic closet (no homo x2) on this here forum without receving hella snarky replies/neg reps.

on the subject, do you all actually implement a weekly/bi-weekly cheat meal into your diet when eating clean? i've read things about it being beneficial both to keep your cravings for sugary/fatty/unhealthy shit in check as well as for spiking your metabolism/glycogen levels etc.

there's nothing i love more than having a blunt session with some homies and following it with a hefty cheat meal afterwards. filthy local mexican joints are often picked as my poison on sunday nights. and maybe a frozen yogurt or two during the week, whaaaaaaaaaaat.

\

on the subject, do you all actually implement a weekly/bi-weekly cheat meal into your diet when eating clean? i've read things about it being beneficial both to keep your cravings for sugary/fatty/unhealthy shit in check as well as for spiking your metabolism/glycogen levels etc.

there's nothing i love more than having a blunt session with some homies and following it with a hefty cheat meal afterwards. filthy local mexican joints are often picked as my poison on sunday nights. and maybe a frozen yogurt or two during the week, whaaaaaaaaaaat.

I do. oh, and you've read right. implementing a weekly cheat meal into your diet helps keep your leptin levels elevated. it basically keeps your body out of starvation mode which drastically hinders fat loss.

anyone else sprack themselves out with pre-workout stimulants/NO powders?

i feel like i rode the dragon early in my lifting days a little too frequently and am now living with permanent effects of past over use of caffeine. i drink down a scoop of white flood before every leg day, though. shit is REAL. i feel my body parts tingling all weird like about 10 minutes before i get to the gym and then im bouncin around that bitch like whitney houston and bobby brown on any given night in the early 90s.

anyone else sprack themselves out with pre-workout stimulants/NO powders?

i feel like i rode the dragon early in my lifting days a little too frequently and am now living with permanent effects of past over use of caffeine. i drink down a scoop of white flood before every leg day, though. shit is REAL. i feel my body parts tingling all weird like about 10 minutes before i get to the gym and then im bouncin around that bitch like whitney houston and bobby brown on any given night in the early 90s.

I'm a big fan of stacking chocamine and acetyl l-carnitine pre-workout

I take a 200mg caffeine pill before some workouts. Ever used ammonia capsules? Those things are nuts.

never used them, but seen friends and other guys use them at meet. looks intense.

btw, ever consider chocamine instead of caffeine pills? similar results but without any crash

I recently quite on the bench press and moved to barbell free weight bench - so much better. Right now I'm only doing 50lbs on each side, 4 sets of 8, but I can max out at around 1 set of 8 of 70lbs. It feels so much better than standard bench.

Going to meet up with my lady's high school homies for a reunion in Santa Barbara. I am at around 9-10%. What can I do to get shredded for the weekend? All diets welcome. I will eat tree and bark for the week if it means success.

fat loss isn't instant like that you'll lose enough body fat in a week to make much of a difference. your best bet is to keep carbs extra low (< 100g a day) and intake minimal amounts of sodium up until the weekend. and the day you want to look extra good, you should drink enough water just to quench your thirst, not anymore. and you should load up on carbs so your muscles will hold a buttload of glycogen which will make your muscles look "fuller." it won't last long, but it is what it is.

never used them, but seen friends and other guys use them at meet. looks intense.

btw, ever consider chocamine instead of caffeine pills? similar results but without any crash

whar 2 cop? and how exactly do you stack/ingest it? i read somewhere it's like 80 mg of caffeine per gram or something.

Guest doubletap

i bench 185lbs. 10 sets of 7 reps & i weigh 147lbs, i can do that just fine, but i feel like i'm stuck... i can't go higher in strength or mass & i'm not keen on supplements... oh i'm also a vegetarian, although i do eat 2 eggs a week and fish everyday.

i think what i'm going to do is alternate one week between this workout, another week lesser weight + higher reps, and yet another week higher weight + lower reps + lower sets, just to keep my body stressed.

would this help for definition & strength?

not being a dick but you seem awfully confused. pm me for help if you like.

i bench 185lbs. 10 sets of 7 reps & i weigh 147lbs, i can do that just fine, but i feel like i'm stuck... i can't go higher in strength or mass & i'm not keen on supplements... oh i'm also a vegetarian, although i do eat 2 eggs a week and fish everyday.

i think what i'm going to do is alternate one week between this workout, another week lesser weight + higher reps, and yet another week higher weight + lower reps + lower sets, just to keep my body stressed.

would this help for definition & strength?

I've discovered some back exercises that have diminished my handles, but not cut them out entirely. Its a matter of body type for me because my hips are actually an extension of my torso.. but I've tightened them up considerably with lower back exercises/oblique exercises (getting less of a benefit than w/ lower back stuff), and if you take a 45lb or higher weight and stand up perfectly straight, hold your opposite free hand on your waist and let the weight drop your arm, it helps tighten things up. I forget what the exercise itself is called.

Also, side crunches help too.