supermeatheads

kunk75

you'll be surprised with lifting shoes, they have a raised heel so they allow you to squat with a lot more depth. important for oly-lifting if you are cleaning maximum weight and going ass to grass or people with flexibility issues but less important if you are going just below parallel (given your flexibility allows for that). 

U like those adidas lifting shoes? I really find it hard to squat/dead in anything but chucks or barefoot but since those are made for lifting i thought they might be worth a shot.

the stability you get from them (don't get those Reebok or Adidas crossfit shoes though) is amazing. though if you don't plan on front squatting or doing any variation of oly lifts you might not get much use out of them. they're pretty good for some strongman lifts as well if you want to go down that route

I fucking love my Adidas stupid fresh. And I guess they help for lifting too. I just started breaking them in and they fit like a glove. If you do weight lifting you def need them. If you high bar you will notice the difference in depth right away. I am kinda flexible so I don't feel it too much on my back squat, but I do when I front and clean since my ankle mobility is utter shit. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump!

Looking for protein suggestions, in bars or powder or drinks or whatever.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey is one of the more popular brands of whey powder. There are cheaper brands out there but they're really good in terms of flavor selection (though it depends on the retailer), how easily the powder dissolves in water/milk and protein to calorie ratio. My fav flavor is coffee which tastes like coffee ice cream when mixed with milk.

Dymatize is alright for a cheaper brand but it makes me fart all the time so I stay away from it now.

I'm trying Mutant whey right now cause I got 10 lbs for $80 after tax but their flavors are too sweet for me (vanilla ice cream and chocolate) and the powder mixes like shit so I'll probably switch afterwards.

If you're cheap you can always buy in bulk, http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/protein-powder.html has good deals regularly especially for Americans. Get unflavored whey if you like mixing berries and whatnot in your shake, because it's essentially just powdered milk.

I try to stay away from protein bars cause usually they're loaded with sugar.

jerk's a bit better from last time... i plan on getting back to 145 lbs bw by december.

Not trying to give unsolicited advice - but you are nowhere near finishing the pull. You can power clean that weight if you finish with your knees and hips. Looks like you're cutting the lift in order to go under, unnecessarily.

Not trying to give unsolicited advice - but you are nowhere near finishing the pull. You can power clean that weight if you finish with your knees and hips. Looks like you're cutting the lift in order to go under, unnecessarily.

Yeah my form isn't the best. That's what I get for learning the lifts from youtube videos and books I guess. Right now I'm working to avoid getting my back too upright before extending

• 3 weeks later...

^that's a big jump. never tried seated bb personally but i can imagine how much easier doing OHP sitting down when you get close to your maxes

switched my routine to snatches/c+j to 5/3/1 while cutting. slowgainz nogainz but i'm having more fun with my sessions

i've managed to bust out 15 pullups no problem on a regular basis, i feel a lot healthier at 147 ish

• 1 year later...

Looking for recommendations on a new routine. Started lifting last year and did the typical Stronglifts route and developed a decent base strength (about to hit 225 for my squat 5x5) and want to find something with a similar time commitment that's more aesthetics based. My upper body always seemed smaller in proportion to my lower, which is partially why I started lifting, so I'm hoping to find something with more of an upper body emphasis than SL.  Definitely enjoy trying to continuously increase my weights though and want to keep doing the compound lifts. I tried strong lifts + accessory work but it was exhausting.

Any recommendations?

Looking for recommendations on a new routine. Started lifting last year and did the typical Stronglifts route and developed a decent base strength (about to hit 225 for my squat 5x5) and want to find something with a similar time commitment that's more aesthetics based. My upper body always seemed smaller in proportion to my lower, which is partially why I started lifting, so I'm hoping to find something with more of an upper body emphasis than SL.  Definitely enjoy trying to continuously increase my weights though and want to keep doing the compound lifts. I tried strong lifts + accessory work but it was exhausting.

Any recommendations?

5/3/1 BBB or 5/3/1 spinal tap