supermeatheads

kunk75

anyone doing p90x? i'm on my my 34th day and it's working out great for me. my body has grown all-around. still struggling with yoga though.

i need to restart... made it through 1 round completely, then 1 round hybrid with insanity, then 1 round just insanity...

then work started raping my free time and now i haven't worked out in 4 weeks... feel it slipping away. Still, hard to get up an hour+ early to bust out those pullups then go work for 10+.

fuck... maybe next week I'll restart

the week when i broke my PRs for squats and dls the back of my knees started hurting when i straighten my legs. taking some time off to recover...

are your knees caving in when you go up? focus on pushing them out

while we're on the subject of squats, i hit a 1rm of 405 a couple weeks ago :o bw is around 168 now.

are your knees caving in when you go up? focus on pushing them out

while we're on the subject of squats, i hit a 1rm of 405 a couple weeks ago :o bw is around 168 now.

i had a tendency to do that a few months back but i corrected it. guess the damage is done :P i also noticed that the pain gets worse when my stance is really wide so it might have something to do with that as well?

in the meantime...

sHVnB.gif

worst news ever (weightlifting version):

I got an MRI on my back after two months of back pain that wouldn't go away. Apparently I have a bulged disc at L4-L5, which was expected. In addition to that, I have a midline annular fissure (crack) in the cartilage which is the root of the pain. Anyone know much about this? Is it permanent? As my doctor was telling me, I was just filling with rage and couldn't process data/ask questions.

worst news ever (weightlifting version):

I got an MRI on my back after two months of back pain that wouldn't go away. Apparently I have a bulged disc at L4-L5, which was expected. In addition to that, I have a midline annular fissure (crack) in the cartilage which is the root of the pain. Anyone know much about this? Is it permanent? As my doctor was telling me, I was just filling with rage and couldn't process data/ask questions.

join the club. i haven't gotten an MRI, seeing another DO on monday, but im in extreme pain. fuckd myself on thursday night..l5 herniated disc, most likely..

just trained legs with this workout:

front squat 205lb x 6, rest 10 sec

walking DB lunge 40lb x 24 steps, rest 10 sec

leg extension 60lb x 25, rest 2 min then repeat cycle 2 more times

leg curl 150lb x 6, rest 10 sec

romanian deadlift 135lb x 12, rest 10 sec

lying leg curls with exercise ball x 25, rest 2 min then repeat cycle 2x

legs are fucking rocked. normally i wouldnt fuck with so many curls or extensions but the tri-sets were brutal, mad burn yo

that's awful news. do you remember what you were doing that caused that to happen?

I'm sure that it was just tiny things that built up, but I squatted heavy triples w/o a belt. Usu. I use one, but I thought I'd strengthen the lower back. I got that regular lower back pain that usually goes away. This hasn't for a few months now.

I'm going to see another chiro to get a 2nd opinion. I'd rather have someone tell me it'll just take a long time as opposed to 'you can't squat heavy/bend over again'

unfortunately, that's sort of unlikely slash i'd thread lightly.

if you did herniate a disc, it's never going to be the same.

you need to step up your core game a lot, lots of movement patterns to rework.

pretty much 5 steps back bro, at least this is what i'm doing. i can't go through this again the pain is awful.

the chiro said that my core was strong but apparently not enough.

e

Strengthening my core will help prevent further deterioration, but will the fissure eventually heal? i hope so.

I don't know. I've (nearly) pulled 600. You'd think my core would be fine.

Mistakes happen, it's what you do afterwards that matters.

But also, your chiro may be worth fuck-all. If your injury was caused by muscle imbalances a chiro will only be of temporary help.

Will it heal? No idea..quick search before bed http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_lumbar_annular_fissure_tear

Yeah. I think my current chiro has taken it as far as he can. Realignments aren't going to do much anymore. Going to see another.

a fissure isnt going to be fixed by alignments.

your best bet is to strengthen musculature..maybe manual therapy on the region too.

• 2 weeks later...

haha @ this one

Q: This is as SERIOUS, question... life and death. Are you a trekkie Rip? Be honest.

A: I watch the show, yes. Okay, fuck you. I am one of the proud folks who, at the age of 9, 10, and 11 were privileged to watch the first series in its entirety every week without missing a single episode. Mr. Spock raised me, Captain Kirk taught me about women, and Mr. Scott is responsible for my malt whisky habit. I have not watched TV hardly at all since about 1980, but I did see all of the Next Generation shows. I have no use for Deep Space Nine, Voyager, or Enterprise. Once again, fuck you.

Not much progress. I twisted my ankle playing soccer a few weeks back, so I've stopped active workouts altogether (just benched and did some shoulder presses last week).

I think I'm going to try to get other opinions on the situation with the cartilage fissure. I feel like I can remain a little hopeful because I'm thinking that if I were a pro athlete, this wouldn't be a career ending injury, right?

How's yours been?

• 2 weeks later...

^ yes

It works if you have a problem about overeating throughout the day. It helps you structure your diet, as with any "timed" diet.

But in my opinion, it doesn't do anything for compartmentalizing time frames throughout the day for muscle gain and fat loss.

I've done every sort of timed diet there is, and have come to the conclusion that the only things that are important are total calories and macros throughout the week.