supermeatheads

kunk75

crossfit is def not "structured"

that one of the biggest complaints traditional bodybuilders and strength guys have with it....theres no real goal except to be "fit" and be ready for the unexpected.

i feel most of the time you need to "police" your workouts when doing crossfit....

I saw this online...looks like a fun workout

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/complex_neuromuscular_training_for_size_and_strength

but tough to do in a "traditional" gym

listen, here's the thing about crossfit:

will you be fit? maybe. will you be strong? meh.

and it all depends on the coaching you have at your gym. there are so MANY retarded coaches it's not even funny.

you know what the certification is? they go to a weekend seminar.

OH LOOK AT ME I CAN TEACH OLY LIFTS NOW.

I have yet to hear a good explanation from any CrossFit person on why high rep olympic lifts are good.

so what are y'all wearing for pants/denim/chinos?

I've got 26.5" right at crotch thighs, COME AT ME BRO

Wearing more drop-crotch pants recently.

Jeans, I've got a pair of Momotaro's now. But for the past few months, I've been wearing the same pair of NDG black jeans with the thighs painted on like usual.

Just got a pair of FASR favourite jeans in black today and I can tell you right now that it will most likely become my "favorite" pair of jeans for a bit.

On a separate note, pulled 515 and squatted 430 at my meet this past Saturday. Class 1 total in my weight class :)

what are your thighs at? i need new pants man :/

nice numbers, what weight class?

About 25-27" depending on the day of the week and time of day.

A little 198. Weighed in at 194.5 with a day's worth of day in me.

Hopefully I'll be up to 205-210 for my November meet so I can cut down to 198's like most guys do.

now i need you to link me to some pants

FASR favourite jeans on sale -> here (only 31 and 34 left)

Fits a little big in the waist. Got a pair of 34's but I could've gone with 33's. Due to the anti-fit personality of the jeans, I'm still happy with jeans.

Kind of crappy fit pics on that site too.. here are some better ones in this dude's FS thread.

Good work, BUT

Need to work on the lockout. Also, start pulling and keep your head DOWN. You did not keep the head in neutral, which makes it harder all the way down the chain.

See this for what I mean:

As far as lockout, more hip/posterior chain work. Get those glutes to fire. Hip thrusts, glute bridges, lunges even.

Good work, BUT

Need to work on the lockout. Also, start pulling and keep your head DOWN. You did not keep the head in neutral, which makes it harder all the way down the chain.

See this for what I mean:

As far as lockout, more hip/posterior chain work. Get those glutes to fire. Hip thrusts, glute bridges, lunges even.

lol yeah I know my lockout is my sticking point. My coach and I have been working on it for a while. It's gotten much better in the past months.

The head thing only happens with heavy pulls. Helps me lockout.

Except it doesn't at all.

Except for my current pulling form and strengths/weaknesses, it does.

Yes, I agree that with most people, keeping your head straight/neutral helps better with lockout.

You've got to realize that not everyone is built the same. I push off with my quads a lot and tend to go on my heels. Also, my weak link is my upper/mid back, and it's difficult for me to lock heavy stuff out without hitching. And until I fix those problems, it's easier for me to lockout with keeping my head up.

You'll see my head position change from time to time.

I'll have my (deadlift world record holding) coach help me out with my issues. ;)

my legs were almost 28", i dieted for like a year and theyre in the 26.5" region like yours now and apc rescues are king

sounds about right, thanks! pics of you wearing them? once you go bigger cut w the jeans, the leg opening starts to look kinda odd :/

mrchariybrown:

what i'm saying is, pulling with your head like that doesn't help with anything...

watch this for more info..

That's great and all but like I said, it does help me at my current stage right now at the top for lockout.

And if you want, look closer at my video - I don't shoot my head back (and not much) until I get well above my knees for the lockout. It helps relax my arms and front delts.