supermeatheads

kunk75

prolly to avoid denaturing the protein when cooking them? idk if that really makes a difference but im interested to see what he says.

fuck salmonella tho, cook it.

salmonella shouldn't be something to concern him.. 99.9% of eggs contain no salmonella

but I'd still like to know why he doesn't cook them first

salmonella shouldn't be something to concern him.. 99.9% of eggs contain no salmonella

but I'd still like to know why he doesn't cook them first

it's also extremely fast, even if cooking is fast enough. no dishes too

at least thats how I justify it when i slam raw eggs

and why not cook them first?

simple really, I'm usually in a rush and i'm just too lazy. i've been doin' it for so long, i don't think about it....they go down easily and guickly..no biggie

if i have time and feel like it, i'll make an omelet with ff feta cheese and peppers and onions but most of the time i just drink them

simple really, I'm usually in a rush and i'm just too lazy. i've been doin' it for so long, i don't think about it....they go down easily and guickly..no biggie

if i have time and feel like it, i'll make an omelet with ff feta cheese and peppers and onions but most of the time i just drink them

it's also extremely fast, even if cooking is fast enough. no dishes too

at least thats how I justify it when i slam raw eggs

that's perfectly acceptable.

but just in case you two didn't already know, I'll let you in on something about raw egg whites.. something called avidin

avidin in raw egg whites cut the digestibility of proteins in egg whites in half

so you're basically wasting half the egg whites' proteins..

and given that the whites from one large egg has about 3g of protein.. in it's raw state you're only getting 1.5g of protein from each raw egg white..

little overview of avidin - http://www.answers.com/topic/avidin

and if you want to get more technical, here's a study done on the digestibility of cooked vs. raw eggs - http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

thanks for that info mrchariybrown,, I will check that out...i am indeed very interested (can't rep)

99% lean ground turkey breast

canned tomatoes

onions, peppers, mushrooms, garlic

ff mozzarella cheese

1% whipped cottage cheese

make a sauce with turkey,can tom, onions peppers, shrooms and garlic..let it simmer for a couple of hours....make some whole wheat penne or ziti stir the sauce in and incorporate the cheeses...bake

not bad, NOT Bad at all.......loads of protein, very low fat and good carbs...been eating it for 25 years.

as i have stated many times, training and diet is a way of life for me. i'm and old fart and i'm not prepping for a contest or photo shoot. i've looked the same, more or less for the last 20 years and will continue to try and maintain my look for as long as possible although i am fully aware that time catches up with everyone.

there are no strict rules in this game and you need to find what regimen works best for you and what program you'll be able to follow over the course of your life..if you aren't consistent, there's really no reason to bother starting.

as far as wasting egg yolks, my cholesterol has never been above 138....if you pay for shipping, I'll be more than happy to send you my unused yolks

went to the gym for the first time yesterday and my chest and shoulders are still aching from the lateral pulldown and chest press. took it easy and only went for a run today, if it's still aching tomorrow am i good to do it again or should i give those muscles a rest until it doesn't hurt?

went to the gym for the first time yesterday and my chest and shoulders are still aching from the lateral pulldown and chest press. took it easy and only went for a run today, if it's still aching tomorrow am i good to do it again or should i give those muscles a rest until it doesn't hurt?

The general rule of thumb is to give between 5-6 days rest before you dedicate another training day to the same bodypart.

What is your routine like? A brief outline it will help us to better understand what your currently doing and maybe give some tips

If your chest and shoulders hurt its still ok to go to the gym, just dont train those bodyparts on their own

lol tips would be hugely appreciated. i don't have much idea what i'm doing.

Essentially I don't have a routine figured out. Last time I did the dumbell press, lat pulldown, chest press, dips, the thing where you're facing the ground and you lift yourself with your back muscles, the opposite one where you're facing the ceiling and you do situps on it... all 3 sets of 8.

today i did some dumbell curls and interval sprinting for about 15 minutes.

i know the principles of training different muscle groups on different days and all that, but i haven't figured out what i want to do when. haha if anyone's patient enough to recommend something, that'd be amazing.

I can tell you this: If you're going to go into this with the idea that you're just going to train your shoulders, or something, you will fail.

I browsed through this quickly and It appears to be a good point of reference.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm

Take a look at that, take from it what you will, and then expand on it based on your own research.

yeah, i'm not, by any means. thanks.

No problem. There are a lot of regiments out there but you have to try things out and see what one gives you the best results. There are of course some standards, but everybody is different.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Another great resource to look up specific excersizes to see what works what and how to do them. Dont forget the youtube channels and videos of some of the more well known lifters.

lol tips would be hugely appreciated. i don't have much idea what i'm doing.

Essentially I don't have a routine figured out. Last time I did the dumbell press, lat pulldown, chest press, dips, the thing where you're facing the ground and you lift yourself with your back muscles, the opposite one where you're facing the ceiling and you do situps on it... all 3 sets of 8.

today i did some dumbell curls and interval sprinting for about 15 minutes.

i know the principles of training different muscle groups on different days and all that, but i haven't figured out what i want to do when. haha if anyone's patient enough to recommend something, that'd be amazing.

The info given above is great, bodybuilding.com is a wealth of knowledge for routines both beginner and advanced

You need to find out what your goals are and then go from there, as routines will vary hugely based on what you want to achieve and what your diet is like

Some basic rules

#1 Weight gain or loss is %90 diet PERIOD. If you don't eat right you wont grow, and if you don't eat right you wont loose weight. You must step up your eating to make gains

#2 Dont try and train like the big boys when you start. Weight is nothing but a number, just because the guy next to you is doing twice what you are doesnt mean anything.

#3 KISS : Keep It Simple Stupid

Dont do crazy drop sets and supersets from juicehead mags, you wont grow and you will more then likely injure yourself. Stick with basic heavy compound movements to build strength ( Bench press, Deadlifts, squats ect) Save the crazy shit for later when you need the changes to help your growing continue

#4 Focus on your form. Dont cheat so you can do heavier weight, be regimented and practice, focus on your muscles contracting as you lift and be strict with your movements

If you want any more info or a rough outline drawn up for you, drop me a pm I will see if I can be of any help. Be sure to include what you eat on any given days, goals ect

I could eat this shit by the pound. Chicken wings are like my favorite cheat food, and when you bake them instead of deep frying them, you can eat loads more

I have been trying out different recipes and methods of cooking for a while, and I have one that works very well. if your doing more then 2 pounds you may want to go a little higher with the temp, like maybe 390?

Heres a basic guide to cheapo chicken wings. I have seen them on sale for like under $3 a pound from butchers, and restaurants and the like charge a mint for a pound or 2. Making them yourself costs far less

Set your oven to 375 degrees

First lay some tinfoil in a baking tray with the edges folded up ( to catch the oil), spray with some light cooking spray

dscf1779.jpg

Chop off the tips and throw them out, like so

dscf1781z.jpg

Separate your wing ( preferably using a cleaver) to cut between the bone. There is a soft spot you will get a feel for after a few cuts where the blade will slice cleanly through without going through the bone.

dscf1782i.jpg

Throw them all in a ziploc bag with your favorite sauce and shake. I use Bulls Eye chicken rib renegade, it tastes amazing and is dirt cheap.

dscf1783.jpg

Throw them on the tinfoil lined cooking tray, and lightly dust the with seasoning salt. Clubhouse makes one just for chicken and it tastes great.

Set your timer for 25 mintues

When 25 minutes is up take them out of the oven, they should look like this

dscf1784.jpg

Pull them all off the sheet, place another piece of tinfoil on the baking tray and fold up the edges again ( spray again with a cooking spray). You lined the tray so its easy to remove all the oil that comes off the wings after the first 25 minutes of cooking.

Make sure all the wings have been flipped over to the opposite side and use a BBQ basting brush to coat the other side of the wings with sauce. Then dust them again with spice and put them back in the oven.

dscf1785e.jpg

Leave them in the oven for another 20 minutes, and when they come out they should look like this

dscf1786.jpg

dscf1787c.jpg

This recipes is perfect for caramelizing the sauce with little to no burning. And the lack of using a deep fryer makes them far healthier.

chicken wings really? i've always thought that chicken wings are and if not one of the fattest parts of the chicken...it's basically all skin. But looking at those pictures they sure remind me of domino's buffalo wings with blue cheese dip...

They are the fattest part of the chicken, but I was mentioning this more for my love of them as a cheat meal. I figured for anyone who wants them as a cheat meal, if you bake instead of deep fry they are far better for you.

Especially when you drain the grease as I mentioned just before you turn them over

I have wanted to plus rep you for a bit cutup. But cant. So damn, thanks!

Thanks man

Just keep pressing away maniacally at your mouse, it may work eventually ...

mrchariybrown's supermeathead and superdelicious buffalo cheddar melt sandwich

get two slices of whole wheat bread

and then get one or two slices of this:

QFWGI.jpg

split cheese in half for each slice of bread

then get 4 oz grilled chicken breast and cover it in this:

product_bw_bottle.jpg

then go, bread, cheese, buffalo chicken, cheese, bread.

pan on low-medium heat

spray down some pam and place the sandwich on the pan

let it sit til bread gets golden and toasted, then repeat for the other side

takes about 2 minutes to make if you always have chicken breast pre-cooked in your fridge like I do

nutritional facts (depending on what brand bread you use):

protein - 45g

carbs - 30g

fats - 7g

fiber - 6g

(if two slices of cheese used then count for an additional 3g protein and 2.5g fats)

I went grocery shopping today and decided to try your recipe out.

Absolutely amazing and really easy to make!

Would rep but I can't. This will definitely be my new daily snack. Thanks!