supermeatheads

kunk75

Goddamn my gas is bad

Ever let one go in the shower, and you dont smell anything for like almost 20 seconds and you think your in the clear. Only to have it waft up and hit you in the face like a wet towel

Shit was so bad I felt like getting out of the shower right then and there

This protein is great but if I'm not careful I'm gonna kill someone

This may have been mentioned but I'm not searching 290 damn pages.

I'm trying to maintain or lose a little weight. I'm well aware I just need a caloric deficit no matter what crazy ass diet or exercise regimen I'm on. So: is there a problem with eating low-calorie but high fat foods? Like right now, I'm cooking two 80/20 hamburger patties. Opinion?

If the high fat diet is to work, you need pretty well no carbs whatsoever, like around 25 grams a day. You will be moody and feel like complete shit

To be honest, I know of many that have tried and it never works all to well unles your very strict ( or on juice so you dont loose muscle mass) What your trying to do is put your body into a ketogenic state, and to make this work so you dont loose a lot of muscle you need to pound back extra protein as well.

You would be better off with sticking to low fat, low calorie diet and utilizing long acting carbs IMO. So stay away from anything processed ( ie white carbs) go with brown rice, yams, whole what breads and pastas as these spike your insulin and add to water retention and fat. Also cutting out carbs after 8:00pmwill help immensly

Only use high glycemic carbs right after your workout to replace lost muscle glycogen

I find this works much better and is far easier to stick with then going with keto, and you wont loose muscle.

Hurt my lower back today while doing plyometrics, didn't think I was over doing it just sort of snuck up on me all the sudden. Any tips on how to move this injury along quickly? I don't want too much down time before I start exercising again. Real morality killer.

Hurt my lower back today while doing plyometrics, didn't think I was over doing it just sort of snuck up on me all the sudden. Any tips on how to move this injury along quickly? I don't want too much down time before I start exercising again. Real morality killer.

Alternate hot and cold packs ( or a hot shower followed by a cold pack) and take ibuprofen 3-4 times a day to reduce the swelling. Robaxacet works wonders as well

Wait until all the pain and feel of the pull is gone, if you push and go back to the gym too quickly, you will damage it far worse. It is really easy to mess your back up badly if you dont let it heal properly from a pull

trying to assemble next cheat meal. carb limit is bout 500g.

so far i got 6 old fashion glazed donuts (~150g carbs total), copped for $1 at the grocery store cuz they go bad today (in freezer now)

might also pick up a pint or two of ben and jerrys.

then... pizza?

i find the trick is to not eat too much of one thing, or from one food category. the best is when i stuff myself with a pizza and then wanna continue cheating but not with pizza, and then i bust out something sweet like cinna stix

Quick update on Crossfit:

I've been doing this program for a few months now. It focuses a lot on back, shoulders, tris, and legs in a conditioning style. 3 days on, 1 day off (1 of the 3 days is geared toward strength rather than speed).

It may be just because I changed my workout after 5 years, but I've 1 rep maxed my squat more (w/o straps also), and DL is starting to get going. Since my Bench used to be pretty high, I wouldn't be surprised if I went down in that. I do pullups like a champ now, though (19 in a row).

So if you're looking for a change, I think this one is pretty good to try

Word. I just finished my "fundamentals" month, and last night was my first group class. We worked some introductory ring skills and the w.o.d. was 20 minutes of kettlebell swings, 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off. Good stuff.

update on my cheat meal (in 9 days):

6 old fashion glazed donuts (medium sized)

1 pizza hut p'zone (pepperoni)

2 pints ben and jerry (probably half baked and chunky monkey)

equals just over 500g carbs. sounds pretty easy to handle in under 2 hours. might switch p'zone for something more substantial since the only other time i got it it was basically a piece of bread with a small amount of cheese and pepperoni inside

i basically split my weekly sunday cheat meals into three cheat categories. the first two can be interchanged as my lunch or dinner, depending on what i happen to be in the mood for at those specific times of the day. the third is always consumed as a night cap:

1. mexican (filthy carnitas, carne asada or el pastor burrito with a side of super nachos usually topped with one of the previously mentioned meats not already implemented into the burrito)

2. burger (some quality shit, transcending peasanthood. been researching and scoping out hyped burger joints in la, in n' out if im lazy. always include chili cheese or animal style fries on the side)

3. frozen yogurt (fuck all that tart nonsense. vanilla with some cookie dough and some reese's peanut butter cups, the white chocolate joints. some real gully type shit)

4 days away and i promise ill be dreaming about this coming sunday as i sleep tonight.

Got my ATW Vanilla today, definitely the best tasting i've ever tried but a bit sickly with 2 scoops in 16oz of water. I think i'll split it up and take it at 2 different times (I don't think I need a huge amount of protein, I'm not looking to gain a huge amount more mass right now, trying to slim down) or maybe try it with yoghurt instead.

Just drink some protein with water as a snack. Protein doesn't bulk you up in you're in a caloric deficit, but it will help you retain more muscle while dieting and will increase your LBM (lean body mass).