supermeatheads

kunk75

I need some specifics on this. Or are you just only drinking protein shakes? Either I'm not cutting enough corners or your fat/protein ratio is ridic low

I'm just anal about my diet.. more so than my training routine.

days with training (includes pwo shake)

diet.jpg

days w/o training

diet2.jpg

i hit rock bottom years ago when i was making tuna and milk shakes to pack on the protein

2 cans tuna, 8oz whole milk. blender. not good.

there was a point where I'd put a half cup of dry oatmeal, protein powder, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a blender. but your concoction sounds worse

I have teenage man boobs and I've also been benching. Will my boobs turn out to be like D cups or will they flatten out? Also, how many times should I work out the same muscle in the same workout (e.g. if I bench, should I not go back to do pectoral exercises?).

your thoughts on how many calories you eat is legit, but people need to remember that there's no such thing as "spot reduction." If you did nothing but Romanian Deadlifts for the rest of your life, your back would get stronger, but that's not exactly saying that you're burning back fat or anything. For men, (i think) we mostly store fat in backs and stomachs. For women (i think) it's legs and ass.

You also said it's 'very slight' so maybe that's just as good as it'll get and only you notice. If it's more than that, i guess start doing wind sprints

Well what I meant is I have barely any fat anywhere else. I've been dieting for quite a while now. I was 160 before and now 134. Problem is, no matter how much more calories I expend than I consume, I can't seem to get below 134 and lose the fat on my abs/back. What I'm thinking is that I should bulk up a bit, maybe 10 lbs, and then start cutting and try and get down to 9%.

Short. 5'6" Actually according to accumeasure I'm at 9.5% But obviously that just isn't good enough.

well i'd guess you should be close. What do you lift? like Kunk said, you need to be lifting a lot if you're gonna really take advantage of your diet

you should be intaking more healthy fats, imo. under 100 is low.

actually after looking at my diet again, I think you maybe be right about the good fats part. I'll probably strike out the cashews and opt for fish or flaxseed oil instead. but I probably won't increase my total fat intake by much; maybe up to 90g of fat. my body seems to pack on a little more body fat than I'd like when I up my fat intake. I usually like to keep my body fat down around 7-9% year round.

pecans are a much better nut than cashews..

my diet is basically the same everyday.

bfast 6am: omlette with 3 eggs and 1oz chicken and vegetables, handful of pecans

snack 10am: 2oz chicken, apple, a few pecans

lunch 12pm: 5oz chicken, some vege, handful of pecans

snack 330pm: 2oz chicken, apple, a few pecans

dinner 6: 5oz chicken, some vege, handful of pecans

i dont eat bread or any other starch.. it was misterable to ween myself off but now its not so bad. its a 18block zone diet. which is a little but too much for me since i dont work out as consistently anymore. over the next month im going to training more so i should lean out a little bit. only suplements i take are fish oil and a daily multi vitamin.

well aware of that, it just sits better with my mind that I'm getting too much rather than not enough.

There is such thing as overdoing it. Moderation is key, for the most part. Working out the same muscles over and over again isn't going to help because it's important to let your muscles heal themselves. Also over nutrition is a leading cause of cancer :(. I understand where you're coming from because I use to consume protein bars and eat straight tuna out of the can, just so I could get as much protein as i could.

There is such thing as overdoing it. Moderation is key, for the most part. Working out the same muscles over and over again isn't going to help because it's important to let your muscles heal themselves. Also over nutrition is a leading cause of cancer :(. I understand where you're coming from because I use to consume protein bars and eat straight tuna out of the can, just so I could get as much protein as i could.

oh most definitely. while I only work out each muscle group once per week to avoid over training, I don't really care if my over nutrition causes cancer. I would like it if I didn't live past 50. :D

Guest frankieplus
well i'd guess you should be close. What do you lift? like Kunk said, you need to be lifting a lot if you're gonna really take advantage of your diet

you dont necessary need to be lift a lot.Its all about intensity...and recovery

I am sick of seeing guys at the gym sacrificing good technique just so they could prove how much weight you can lift

nutitional timing is also very important too.Especially pre and post workout

But you have to look at your own bone structure and be realistic in what you can achieve

What are you?..a ectomorph/mesomorph or endomorph....usuall ppl are a combination

Asian guys for example have smaller frames...they have narrower clavicles and chest.They usually lack thickness,therefore limiting how much muscle they gain

you dont necessary need to be lift a lot.Its all about intensity...and recovery

that's a legit statement. I guess I kinda meant that as long as you're going hard and doing something it should work out. I usually equate big numbers to 'working hard.' assuming you have good form and you're actually squatting parallel.

if you're going intense, though, how are you still only 165? that's kinda small for those workouts

i already have

just scroll up

you're either a dumbfuck or acting like one..either way its annoying. i could care less about seeing your fit but everytime you post a picture this "sproxy.guardster.com" pops up asking for a username and password.

Guest frankieplus
that's a legit statement. I guess I kinda meant that as long as you're going hard and doing something it should work out. I usually equate big numbers to 'working hard.' assuming you have good form and you're actually squatting parallel.

if you're going intense, though, how are you still only 165? that's kinda small for those workouts

i am small framed compared to kunk.I am at between 6-8% bodyfat at the moment.I found when i got to 180 that i looked like a caricauture.My arms were too big...threw off my proportions.My frame is just not big enough to carry more muscle without looking ridiculous

Its all about illusion..smaller framed guys can look bigger as they have smaller joints

I am limited by genetics.So i train more for symmetry and proportion

I train each body part once a week,except for body partd that i want to improve

I do a lot of supersets,drop sets and negative reps . .. ... Here's my pic xf4wlx.jpg

well i've been on starting strength for about 6w now and i've made some gains on it. nothing too remarkable, but i'm not willing to go up in weight anymore so i'll take what i can get. :P should i top it off at 10w, take a rest and start a new program, like starr's 5x5? thanks.