The Purist's Wet Dream

pacioli

Hi all. I heard some news that readers of this forum may be interested in.

You know Warehouse. The founding brothers have a reputation for expecting not only perfection but also authenticity.

Heller's Cafe is well known to collectors and designers in Japan and US. Founder Larry McKaughna has been dealing in rare vintage pieces for over 20 years. Both high profile and obscure denim pieces have passed through his hands.

The two are working together to bring us a workwear collection that will challenge our ability to separate vintage deadstock from new repro.

Will add to this thread if I get more info. Please share if you have any updates.

I've dealt with Larry, he's extremely knowledgeable, and very together. I've only seen photos of what has passed through his business, but they are amazing. He had access to better old Lee and Wranger jeans than the companies' own archives. I'll be very interested to see what they come up with...

Hi DD- Allow me to make this dream more vivid. These are shots of Heller's vintage pieces that I think will be targeted for the HxW line.

All this is pieced together from info attained by speaking with Larry and his team and various documents I receive. I do not work for either companies and have no business or personal gain by speaking positively about this line. In fact the moment I see something I don't like I will probably rant and rave about it to everyone I know.

Onward...

singlepktbb.jpg

1905blueblue.jpg

bbripproof.jpg

This last shot is interesting...not sure what date is but it has Boss of the Road-esque back cinches and Levi's-esque arcs.

Anymore lucid and you will have to go to Japan and see these damn things yourself.

A couple of more shots on my blog http://denimnews.blogspot.com (this is the full on self promotion portion)

Gorgeous. LArry sourced some of the early Boss of the Road or Special stuff in the Denim book but sadly I've only seen photos, not fondled the originals.

In a way, some of the lost makes are even more evocative than early Levi's, with quirky little details. Good on Warehouse for teaming up with him.

• 3 months later...

true they look great

i wonder how they wear

and the Rip Proof too or the striped IDEAL BB pants.

its strange that some have belt loops and some dont. maybe a mistake ?

cause the washed ones have em and the non wash dont. in the translated description it says they all come with belt loops.

still great stuff also the jackets and shirts

wow

you aint gonna like the fit on these. theyre work wear

Ya man, that's the whole point. Why would I not like the fit? Just cause they happen to be based more in history / function than in fashion doesn't mean they won't wear well.

don't gotta be skinny and fitted to be cool does it?

I'm curious to see how they fit BECAUSE they're work wear.