where the fuck do you guys get money for clothes

kunk75

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at home and will be moving out as soon as I can transfer to a [real] college. because this is not B.A.L.L.A.

My parents actually helped buy my car though because it wasn't very expensive. They haven't bought me clothes since middle school but I can still expect gifts for my birthday/christmas. And they're cool with lending me like $20 for gas but I have to fight for anymore than that. I'm paying my insurance as well.

btw, i have 6 filipino friends and 5 of them's moms are nurses. the other has 2 doctor parents. just saying.

This man speaks the truth and i tottally agree with everything

that show is terrible... but i heard my friend say it was fake cuz his sister was called to be casted as a fake mom for a sweet 12 episode, so while some may b real others might be fake

never the less shows like that are so disgusting... Phyziks is right you should never be satified in life.. if you are satisfied then you are bound to fail.. always be hungry and never stop trying to attain perfect. becuase it is unreachable although the closer the better.

I myself come from a well off family, and i know this and know how fortunate and how lucky I am. id would say my family is upper middle class, and just being able to live in Nassau county NY alone is proof that your making good money (i think its the most exspensive county to live in, not sure if this is for NY or for the US). My dad came hear with no more than $100 and he told me his first night in NY he spent $75 of that on a leather jacket because he always wanted one. He worked his way up and was able to fly me my bro and my mom from the Philippines to the US (yes hes a nurse... i hate that stereotype for Filipinos that were all nurses but alot are, its good pay haha). My mom was from a poor family of 3 other siblings, all brothers, with my grandma and grandpa. she would tell me stories of how her mom would have to ask nighbors to borrow some money almost every week to put my uncle through seminary. she was saludictorian (second in her class if i have that wrong) and shes now an accountant, making a very good paycheck. together my parents prob make over 200Gs or more a year, and we still live a comfortable and pretty modest life imho. My dad in college was not the smartest one, but he knew how to study when he had to and becuase of that he was able to get his batchelors in nursing and bring my family over to the US. Im so happy i wasnt born into richs and wealth (but like most ppl on here agree with i wouldnt mind that) and because of that i know how much struggle there is to life. my childhood was much easier than my parents im sure of that, and i know how to be humble with what i have. I now attend St Johns University in Queens NY on 20Gs in scholarships and taking loans on everything else. I would hate to have my parents pay for my schooling becuase they have done everything else for me, and its the least i can do. Im proud of my parents and im so glad theyve been there for me all these years, and let me fight my own battles but know when to help bandage me up, or provide cover fire and air support when needed :cool:

On the rent's money for the summer, nobody I turned an application into has called me back so I'm not feeling so great about that. Grew up comfortably but my mom grew up very poor and she still acts like we have no money. I had a clothing allowance that pretty much restricted me to TJ Maxx and Kohls, I looked like a straight skrewball growing up.

the 5 towns has cornered the market on corny white girls. high school was probably a good time there, yes?

holy shit. it was hell man. unless you got a bmw at 16, it was hell. probably one of the only schools i've heard of where being a football player or cheerleader meant you were trashy b/c you "worked". no one from that school will ever produce anything of worth. there was a giantttttt socioeconomic divide (not as stuck up as hewlett though) and i managed to be wedged in the middle. i've never seen a place that hindered originality more than lawrence high school in my life. sad thing is, i tried going for all the stuck up jappy girls instead of the normal "losers" (who were actually better looking and cooler in hindsight). i could've had like 10x more ass had i just not been such a sheep. now the whole town has turned in a giant orthodox jew community, which is a completely different story....

I spend my own money.

I hate my town, and I try not to do anything here. In my free time, I usually play basketball, tennis, work out, hang with friends I hate, study, go runnin', or chill on sufu. So, I don't really throw money on shit like seeing movies, going to plays, hittin up bars, etc. Don't smoke, don't do drugs, etc.

Also, I don't have a car, and I budget my groceries. I had an ok paying job during college, but I always throw my dough in savings. I kept a few k out of savings for my NYC trip, so that I will have stuff to buy when I get there...but, even though I was born into a financially well-off family, I'm not a spoiled dick.

well im still in high school so i obviously live under my parent's roof. they only pay for all the necessities such as housing, health insurance, and etc. as for expenses such as food, clothing, and whatever else i desire, i work as an usher at a nearby theatre. so i manage to have some extra money to spend.

that's funny. i went to all boys catholic high school so save for weekends, i don't even have one good high school story/experience. it was literally like a 5 out of 7 day prison sentence.

haha i went to all boys catholic school as well...now its co-ed...our dean was a former golden glove boxer.....looked like hitler.....one mean mother....