where the fuck do you guys get money for clothes

kunk75

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mom really busted her ass so i could have jordans and at least look somewhat put together.

she's a bit of a guilt-tripper but last time i went over, she really made me feel like a douche. she said "those shoes cost more than i've spent on clothes in a year."

kind of digressing, but i really do sometimes wonder about the value of the shit i buy.

don't need raf to sit in the yard and bbq.

i don't even like to hear white color (like me, though colarless) workers complain about how tired they are or how hard they work. it's like, you're not digging ditches.

I used to do hard physical labor, now I'm white collar. I find I'm actually more tired after a day of the office job than a day outside doing physically demanding work.

Working in front of a computer drains all life out of you.

i was boning my wife when she was living at home and in mid-stroke, her little brother (my b-in-law now) literally sat on the end of the bed and started talking to me about the mets. i couldn't even pull out. this went on for 10 mins. nother good reason to claim your independence from parental units.

this is ok if the sex is really boring

I'm going to be living with a roomate until i'm at least 23, maybe even 25 or more. Just so much cheaper. Sure, i'd much rather have my own apt since i like privacy and my roomate is kinda messy but i can deal. I could probably afford to live on my own, but the rest of my quality of life would take quite the dip. No more clothes, no more nice beer or food. It'd be ramen, frozen turkey burgers, natty light, and old navy. Already signed up to live with a roomate next year during my master's studies and if i do doctorate, i'll probably live with one too. Maybe even the first year or two teaching high school/cc/univ just because it'd be nice have extra money to get settled in a new area and research where to live on my own first.

Hell, i already sold some clothes i liked because i needed cash for real life stuff. I like fashion/clothing, but i gotta live.

no, it's surfing sufu under the guise of working that's draining.

I used to do hard physical labor, now I'm white collar. I find I'm actually more tired after a day of the office job than a day outside doing physically demanding work.

I just graduated high school and since my mom is unemployed I have to actually lend her money from my minimum wagee job. We don't have to pay rent cuz my dad said he would before he left(late last year), but she still needs to buy gas and such and that is when I come in. She is going to get a job soon so i am not really trippin', but I still find a way to buy a couple clothes here and there.

kind of digressing, but i really do sometimes wonder about the value of the shit i buy.

don't need raf to sit in the yard and bbq.

You a grill master, kunk? Ever since i started living with my friends in tallahassee this summer (for free on couch) i've been using their big propane grill like every day. Been cooking breakfast lunch and dinner on there. I don't really have equipment for "real" bbq but i've been trying to hone my grill skills since i'm not that experienced. Before i have kids i need to be off the chain with a grill. When we do cookouts i tell people to buy the food basics and i'll supply the extra little ingredients and do the cooking.

I understand about bbqing in raf being possibly weird. I've only done it in raf by raf so i can't relate :D

Is there a supergrilling thread? There probably should be.

kind of funny reading some of these posts to me, comes off as slightly hypocritical at times...

Bottom line for me- be humble, appreciate what you have, respectful of others. my grandfather paid for my father's school and now I am really honored my father is working hard to pay for mine. One day I want to help my own children get through school and enable them to put (academic) education first before worrying about loans.

Yeah, holier than though rich kids bother the hell out of me (not as much as rich kids who say they are poor though fuck them) but people always talking as though paying/working/loaning their way through school is more authentic and legit than anyone else gets irritating fast as well...

Like Inaya was saying I bet there are a decent amount of young people on here spending 20-30 dollars a week on groceries like myself in order to justify minor expenses in entertainment/clothing.

for the record it's not like I am spending hundreds on clothes each month or anything... a few people on here know how I dress and it's nothing extreme at all in my opinion.

You a grill master, kunk? Ever since i started living with my friends in tallahassee this summer (for free on couch) i've been using their big propane grill like every day. Been cooking breakfast lunch and dinner on there. I don't really have equipment for "real" bbq but i've been trying to hone my grill skills since i'm not that experienced. Before i have kids i need to be off the chain with a grill. When we do cookouts i tell people to buy the food basics and i'll supply the extra little ingredients and do the cooking.

I understand about bbqing in raf being possibly weird. I've only done it in raf by raf so i can't relate :D

Is there a supergrilling thread? There probably should be.

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/

no shit, man. this just isn't natural

no, it's surfing sufu under the guise of working that's draining.

and no shit again...

That weber bullet smoker looks cool but that forum is too intense for me. Styleforum guys have some decent cooking threads but i was just curious of what other supergays like to grill/cook.

Kunk, that's pretty badass. If they start selling that bbq sauce anywhere give me a heads up because i'd love to try it. Grilling veggies is definitely the way to go and pretty much the only way i like em'. I'm probably gonna grill for people at the beach sunday. Gotta prep tomorrow night though unless i feel like half assing it.

Guest Yons07

Parents got me till I finish Law school..

expenditure as well as school is covered. But I make my own $$$ aswell but not on some minimum wage bull shit.

Don't get me started on these Super Sweet 16 bastards. The first time I watched that show, I threw up all over the place. I have lived in government housing my entire life, and I have to work for everything I have. I just recently graduated, and found a pretty decent web design job (which I'm at right now). I plan on firstly paying off student loans, then saving up to take a vacation somewhere (I have never travelled further than Peterborough. If you're from Toronto, you will realize how sad that is). After that, all of my money (other than money spent on rent and bills) will be going towards moving out.

I obviously cannot hate people who are born into money. It isn't their fault, just like it isn't my fault I wasn't born into money. I also have limited experience with these people aswell. All I know is I hate the children on Super Sweet 16, but I hate the parents more for letting the children get like that (not to say I would turn down a $100k mercedes on my birthday).

I understand you want to spoil your kids, but sometimes you are killing them with kindness. If I am 16, have a $100k car, and get anything I want, what is my motivation in life? Especially considering how disrespectful these kids are to their parents.

I am working hard now so my children won't have to ever know what growing up in government housing is like. But at the same time, I'm not going to be handing them shit left, right and center. It is important to stay hungry in life, and earning what you get.

All of this aside, if I was born into money I wouldn't change it for the world, so I can't really judge people. I would rather earn the money though.

I don't spend money on most things that I can live without -- like, fast food, expensive coffee drinks, going to bars or whatever. But at the same time, it's not like I ever go out -- I see movies and plays and go see music -- those are things that I don't mind paying for. Also I ride the bus... which means no parking or gas...

I'm putting away most of my paycheque towards school and then some towards a trip Diamonds and I are planning at the end of summer, and what I'm left with is my spending money.

Anyway, I find that buying quality things (as long as you don't buy them in excess) can sometimes cost the exact same as buying a bunch of cheap things. You don't have to replace quality items very often. Instead of buying a pair of boots at the mall and getting them ruined every winter, buying a pair of quality ones can last you for a long time. Same with coats, and whatever.

yo i buy basic at thrift or like aa so most of my money goes towrds shit i love..

but i am 17, working two part-time jobs [one of them gives me 5 hours a week, i only keep it cuz habit.. so total lik 20 hrs/wk durin school, 30+ for summa]... so i have abut 600/mnth durin shool and 1000/mnth durin summer to spend.. i strted puttin some towrds savings but im so bad at it.. my parnts got me as vings plan but cuz of dat i cant take out student loan til it done... i spend a lot on clohte kinda... but i dun drive n i dun pay bills... dont even have cell phone ahahha ghetto ass

fuck it. you're better off without it. inaccessibility is the new accessibility.

if you can't get a hold of someone, it's like, shit, he/she must be pretty important.

i tried that for a weekend and it worked well, but the second i needed to communicate with someone it was so annoying..

Don't get me started on these Super Sweet 16 bastards. The first time I watched that show, I threw up all over the place. I have lived in government housing my entire life, and I have to work for everything I have. I just recently graduated, and found a pretty decent web design job (which I'm at right now). I plan on firstly paying off student loans, then saving up to take a vacation somewhere (I have never travelled further than Peterborough. If you're from Toronto, you will realize how sad that is). After that, all of my money (other than money spent on rent and bills) will be going towards moving out.

I obviously cannot hate people who are born into money. It isn't their fault, just like it isn't my fault I wasn't born into money. I also have limited experience with these people aswell. All I know is I hate the children on Super Sweet 16, but I hate the parents more for letting the children get like that (not to say I would turn down a $100k mercedes on my birthday).

I understand you want to spoil your kids, but sometimes you are killing them with kindness. If I am 16, have a $100k car, and get anything I want, what is my motivation in life? Especially considering how disrespectful these kids are to their parents.

I am working hard now so my children won't have to ever know what growing up in government housing is like. But at the same time, I'm not going to be handing them shit left, right and center. It is important to stay hungry in life, and earning what you get.

All of this aside, if I was born into money I wouldn't change it for the world, so I can't really judge people. I would rather earn the money though.

This man speaks the truth and i tottally agree with everything

that show is terrible... but i heard my friend say it was fake cuz his sister was called to be casted as a fake mom for a sweet 12 episode, so while some may b real others might be fake

never the less shows like that are so disgusting... Phyziks is right you should never be satified in life.. if you are satisfied then you are bound to fail.. always be hungry and never stop trying to attain perfect. becuase it is unreachable although the closer the better.

I myself come from a well off family, and i know this and know how fortunate and how lucky I am. id would say my family is upper middle class, and just being able to live in Nassau county NY alone is proof that your making good money (i think its the most exspensive county to live in, not sure if this is for NY or for the US). My dad came hear with no more than $100 and he told me his first night in NY he spent $75 of that on a leather jacket because he always wanted one. He worked his way up and was able to fly me my bro and my mom from the Philippines to the US (yes hes a nurse... i hate that stereotype for Filipinos that were all nurses but alot are, its good pay haha). My mom was from a poor family of 3 other siblings, all brothers, with my grandma and grandpa. she would tell me stories of how her mom would have to ask nighbors to borrow some money almost every week to put my uncle through seminary. she was saludictorian (second in her class if i have that wrong) and shes now an accountant, making a very good paycheck. together my parents prob make over 200Gs or more a year, and we still live a comfortable and pretty modest life imho. My dad in college was not the smartest one, but he knew how to study when he had to and becuase of that he was able to get his batchelors in nursing and bring my family over to the US. Im so happy i wasnt born into richs and wealth (but like most ppl on here agree with i wouldnt mind that) and because of that i know how much struggle there is to life. my childhood was much easier than my parents im sure of that, and i know how to be humble with what i have. I now attend St Johns University in Queens NY on 20Gs in scholarships and taking loans on everything else. I would hate to have my parents pay for my schooling becuase they have done everything else for me, and its the least i can do. Im proud of my parents and im so glad theyve been there for me all these years, and let me fight my own battles but know when to help bandage me up, or provide cover fire and air support when needed :cool: