Selvedge Jeans...Which BRAND should I get?

bathe my ape

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: denimheadcase grew up on the farm and is the realest motherfucker alive.

denimheadcase knew brando and dean personally, PERSONALLY. he worked on the farms with them before they blew up.

denimheadcase thinks you're gay and you should just accept that you are, because again, realest motherfucker alive.

vin diesel likes to masturbate with sandpaper because it makes him feel like a man.

i KNOW YOU, and you know me,

it's the SOB story, the SOB story...

http://digitalcameras.freepay.com/?r=22326654

DHC you are wrong: "A straight man is not going to invest the same energy in pursuit of a pair of jeans retailing for five hundred dollars. Period."

My friends who have dropped over $500 on jeans are very straight. They are also brand whores who pay big $ for exclusivity.

And, all my gay friends would not spend over $100 on jeans. They are blue collar environmentalists. They would only spend $150 on jeans if you told them they were organic cotton.

Even if you know 200+ people... it's impossible to use that knowledge to make a blanket statement applying to billions of people across the globe in different cultures. Do you think it applies to the Japanese?

Finally: I wouldn't take a girl when buying raw denim unless she understands how the denim is going to shrink and change with time. If your 2nd opinion doesn't understand this - you will just get comments like "it's stiff like cardboard".

_trinket

Oh god - I have only just joined the forum and my 1st post was about Dior jeans and also skull rings - so I guess the juxtaposition of Dior jeans with rings means that I am totally gay. Damn.

I think, if I might say this, Denimhead-man or whatever your full profile name is, that people are getting slightly irate at your posts because:

a) they come across as very aggressive

B) you're contributing to a shopping forum (and you talk about people's sexuality?!?!)

c) you're contibuting to a forum renowned for its' jeans knowledge

d) you're making snap judgements

e) you're right - we're talking about motherfuckin' jeans but you're the one getting more riled up about that fact that anyone else here it seems

f) If you think talkin' about them is so ludicrous - then stop taling about them and shut up! But with a name like Denimhead-whatever I am assuming you're quite fond of the old denim weave...

g) it's that aggression thing again

Just for the record, I don't give a damn whether people think I'm gay or not - who gives a shit. Do I think talking about shopping on a forum is slightly feminine not to mention worrying about how clothes fit? Yep, probably. But do I enjoy it? Am I interested in it and hearing other's opinions? Well - d'uh! Yes of course - that's why I signed up to a forum like this one...

Just for the record - I am hetero and I care about my clothes and like to look like I've made an effort. I enjoy hearing people's thoughts and opinions and hope that I can call upon those who are keen to share their knowledge here on this board and I hope that I too can share my opinions and help others in return. That's why I joined.

I hope I won't make offensive and snap judgements because people spend a certain proportion of their income on a pair of jeans. Or watches or underpants or socks or shoes or wallpaper or whatever else they want to spend their hard earned money on. I wear a Rolex Explorer II watch - does that make me gay as well?

I know people who would think me mad for spending £250 on a pair of Dior Homme jeans - both straight, gay and sideways but you know what - I don't care! Yes, it's a lot of money and there are times when I think - ooops what have I done - as i don't earn a fortune but I like how they fit and they make me feel good when I wear them. That's what's important. And you know, there are friends of mine out there who might think me mad but they spend their money on things that I wouldn't even think of buying - like drugs for instance... Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks I think the saying is...

Just my thoughts

T

Edited by Tyler on Oct 13, 2005 at 08:59 AM

Quote:

Oh god - I have only just joined the forum and my 1st post was about Dior jeans and also skull rings - so I guess the juxtaposition of Dior jeans with rings means that I am totally gay. Damn.

I think, if I might say this, Denimhead-man or whatever your full profile name is, that people are getting slightly irate at your posts because:

B) you're contributing to a shopping forum (and you talk about people's sexuality?!?!)

e) you're right - we're talking about motherfuckin' jeans but you're the one getting more riled up about that fact that anyone else here it seems

f) If you think talkin' about them is so ludicrous - then stop taling about them and shut up! But with a name like Denimhead-whatever I am assuming you're quite fond of the old denim weave...

Just for the record, I don't give a damn whether people think I'm gay or not - who gives a shit. Do I think talking about shopping on a forum is slightly feminine not to mention worrying about how clothes fit? Yep, probably. But do I enjoy it? Am I interested in it and hearing other's opinions? Well - d'uh! Yes of course - that's why I signed up to a forum like this one...

Just for the record - I am hetero and I care about my clothes and like to look like I've made an effort. I enjoy hearing people's thoughts and opinions and hope that I can call upon those who are keen to share their knowledge here on this board and I hope that I too can share my opinions and help others in return. That's why I joined.

I hope I won't make offensive and snap judgements because people spend a certain proportion of their income on a pair of jeans. Or watches or underpants or socks or shoes or wallpaper or whatever else they want to spend their hard earned money on. I wear a Rolex Explorer II watch - does that make me gay as well?

I know people who would think me mad for spending £250 on a pair of Dior Homme jeans - both straight, gay and sideways but you know what - I don't care! Yes, it's a lot of money and there are times when I think - ooops what have I done - as i don't earn a fortune but I like how they fit and they make me feel good when I wear them. That's what's important. And you know, there are friends of mine out there who might think me mad but they spend their money on things that I wouldn't even think of buying - like drugs for instance... Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks I think the saying is...

Just my thoughts

T

--- Original message by Tyler on Oct 13, 2005 08:48 AM

this is the gayest post i've ever seen

Quote:
Quote:

Just my thoughts

T

--- Original message by Tyler on Oct 13, 2005 08:48 AM

this is the gayest post i've ever seen

--- Original message by low profile on Oct 13, 2005 09:02 PM

You're right - it was a bit gay...

Oh well. Fucked that one up didn't I!