How much do you set aside for 'must have' purchases

I'm personally broke as hell and in debt, but once I'm back in the money I want to have something set aside specifically for 'must have' purchases. So many times has something popped up that I wanted, either on the market, or just for sale online, that I just couldn't afford at the time. Shit stings like a muthafucker.

What do you all put aside for immediate copping?

Well I'm new to being dressed by da internetz. So I don't even have anything I could consider a complete outfit yet. Unless you consider AA x Gap x Converse an outfit. Hehe.

If you're a poor nigga I would suggest not buying outfits, just cop pieces you think would fit well with what you like / what you want to look like. that way everything fits together.

i never liked the idea of buying outfits, except for certain events (weddings, interviews, etc.)

edit: prof speaks the TRUTH

ha. I didn't mean it like that. I don't buy "looks" in outfit form. I just recently lost 30 pounds. So I don't have any clothes at all that I feel comfortable wearing. Not even enough for a single outfit. On top of that I don't have an income at the moment....sigh

I may just be using the term outfit improperly. What i mean by outfit is enough clothes the leave the house in without getting arrested.

there is no reasoning with kunk on this issue.

As for me, I just don't buy anything if I don't have the money for it. It's pretty simple, but the only downfall is that whenever I get the money to buy shit I will buy a lot.

I see myself droping a grand on cluthes this month EASY just because I've been broke for a while now.

That's how I felt about EVERY paycheck when I had one to spend. Would be 2 weeks of scraping by. Then SPLURGE, on everything. Mostly sushi though. Going to be rationing my cluths spending as well as putting aside something, for wtf expensive purchases that may sneak up on me.

Prof and Dum got it. I've had a lot less set aside because I don't have a really well-paying summer job like last year, but there's always something each season you know you really, very badly want. Just make sure it fits in your overall wardrobe, that you're not grabbing at a bunch of different looks or outfits, because you'll find yourself frustrated, and end up spending more (see: debt).

i think if you're not too rich, planning out purchases is fine

but it must be cool too to not plan it, and always have random money for shit

personally i plan some things out a paycheck or two in advance cuz i only work part-time job and have other shit to buy.. but i have a few hundred randomly if something comes up that i can't pass up..

gotdamn. dis tuff

I was a miser for 20 years. Now I make bank. I prefer to hit up stores and try shit on now...since most of my supermarket buys end up being resold.

But anyway...I have one weakness...

The Margiela SA lab coats. I have separate savings for that. Yes, I wanna b steezin when I'm decantin' bitch made chemicals

Young Leezy aka Lil' Layme (Basics) destijlin' on nasty bitches and hatin' on bro injuns (jungle book crew 4 life) in dat hot fire whiteness.

I generally don't plan my purschase neither, except one or two things that I really want to have (like now, i want raf simunz velcro hitops).

I think that randomly having money, and randomly buying clothes is fun. Though I'd really love to have a constant money source.

i dont set any money aside because i feel like its the designers job to make me want it right then and there when i see it live. I live in a fairly commercial part of la so I dont really ever shop online since its easy for me to to just walk to take a quick trip to the stores and boutiques people often obsess over. What ive noticed is that in person (and when trying on) a lot of items arnt quite as desirable as theyd be on a 2d computer screen so il often find myself buying something that strikes my immediate fancy than some shit getting slobbed over on the internet