What are you listening at right now

PeterJ

2028858.jpg

Cage has recently gone on record saying he's embarassed by this album. What do you think about that?

Personally, I can understand where he is coming from - he was playing a character on that album and hoping that people would realize eminem bit him, but I dont think thats how it was received. . Theres some really juvenile shit on that album but there are also some classic tracks. He has yet to top Suicidal failure, imo. And, Agent Orange is still a banger.

Im listening to

4568-200.jpg

I never liked this album before because fo Dose One. But I've been listening to it with the mind set that he is using his voice as an instrument. Keeping that in mind, and just listening to his lyrics, this is a great album and Dose might have some of the best verses on it.

Cage has recently gone on record saying he's embarassed by this album. What do you think about that?

Personally, I can understand where he is coming from - he was playing a character on that album and hoping that people would realize eminem bit him, but I dont think thats how it was received. . Theres some really juvenile shit on that album but there are also some classic tracks. He has yet to top Suicidal failure, imo. And, Agent Orange is still a banger.

I wouldn't be embarassed about that album if I were him .. I understand that he has changed a lot since the release of that record, and now totally disowns all his previous material, but I think there were good songs on that release.

Besides Suicidal Failure and Agent Orange I think Down the Left Hand Path and Among the Sleep are standout tracks.

But .. I think tracks 13 through 18 should have been cut off the album. The beats aren't too good and neither is the lyrical content. Overall the album would've been a much stronger package if it was just the first 12 songs.

Kevin Ayers - The Unfairground

I had no clue he had a new album (well, from a couple months ago) until the other day and it turns out it is excellent. The cast is great, too: Robert Wyatt, Hugh Hopper, Bill Wells, Bridget Saint John, Norman Blake, etc etc.