Could You Beat Your Dad In A Fight?

gramps

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my dad is super aggressive and has a very low threshold for losing his cool, the last time we nearly came to blows he grabbed a letter opener from the desk and went to stab me with it. that being said, i reckon if i actually lost my temper with him i could hurt him pretty bad, but i just would never want to... hes my dad.

It's interesting that the overwhelming majority say they would be on the losing end. I definitely agree. My dad is a man. I'm a silly little bitch by comparison. Sometimes it bums me out to think that we're (and this is a prettly loosely inclusive statement) a relatively wussy generation. Even our wars are kind of faggy. I think it's only our understanding of digital technology that keeps the past few generations from kicking our ass and taking the world out of hands.

Oh, and:

DSeZxjLhxV4

It would depend on how mad I was. He was a boxer and a linebacker though, and I've only been in a few fights. I have a foot on him but I'm still probably fucked.

Maybe in twenty years I can push his wheelchair down the stairs though.

I think I could if I moved a lot, because he's not really athletic. But he gardens a lot and has very big arms so I guess he would punch me hard. And all the fat he has in his belly would make my kicks so useless.

Yet, i'd love to.

from a psychological perspective

the father is the first 'peer' your mind recognizes (if you are male)

as the mind matures and develops, the father becomes your epitome of masculinity

even fighting someone with the same character as your father will be difficult

but even without this factor, I would probably still lose

Excellent point. Even when I have been really pissed at him (often), he's still what I think of when I think of manliness.

Guest jmatsu

this question's answers could change with the context of time.

i knocked my dad's old ass out when i was in college cause he didn't send me any money for a euro vacation.

i could still beat him up cause he is now a alchoholic retired womanizer.

i don't think i could have taken him in his prime.

my pops is almost like 200 pounds and i just fought him the other day (body only) and it turned into a wrestle match. We were boxing at first, but he suddenly lunged at me so I tried to put him in a headlock which he slipped out of and positioned himself so that his arms were over mine. I tried to get my shoulders above his, forgetting hes got like 50 pounds on me, and swung him to the to the ground. Although he fell he didnt let go of me so I was still stuck in his hold with his arms wrapped around my ribs and he began squeezing the life out of my body causing the immediate and total loss of air inside my lungs. So yea, needless to say I had to tap out and lose... BUT there was no kicking, kneeing, or head shots etc and since I'm primarily a striker I would have definately surpassed him in those respects so I think it'd be a pretty good fight if I fought my dad in an all out brawl

Haven't seen my old man for many a year...so I actually might kick his ass when I see him again, haha. He used to be fairly tough, handlebar mo, builder with a few dodgy looking snake and dagger tats. He dropped a plate glass window through his calf muscle, so walks with a limp now. He has twenty years on me, but toe to toe i'd drop him.

I've definitely got no muscle, and as chubby my dad has gotten in his age, his years of baseball, golf and B-ballin have garnered him some hella arms, arms of azn mandom. All i'd do is outrun him and jump around. Everyone I tell my dad about affirms that he is indeed a man's man.

Strange, this thread began on my father's birthday. I can't even imagine attempting this. In reality I'd have a more difficult time beating my grandfather-- he was a golden gloves boxing coach for over 50 years. His nick name was Bear Grease. He is no longer alive, but his life's legend could reduce me to dust, just like it did to him.

although he's recovering from a work accident that happen a year ago, keeping him on bed at the hospital for almost three months, he's still bigger and taller than me so he'll probably whoop my ass.

he got weak knees, though.