Could You Beat Your Dad In A Fight?

gramps

This is a question that has alway deeply concerned me. There are some obvious heavy psychological dimensions to the idea of beating the man who concieved you in raw, unarmed combat.

Personally, I'm not so sure. I mean I've got to have about twenty pounds on my dad, but recently he fought off two muggers on the mean streets of Windhoek. Old man just hit in the head with a screwdriver. To be realistic, I think it would have to involve some sort of ambush. I'd probably employ a bolo of some kind.

What about you guys, if the cards were down, could you put pops down for the count? I want methodology, theoretical play-by-play, psychological ramifications, the works. Is your dad Rampage Jackson? Could you get him while he naps before the Blitzer Report?

lukevsvader.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no way in hell would i ever be able to beat my dad, while he is not in the greatest shape right now, hes done physical labor his entire life so he is alot stronger then i am. also he was a soldier in the army so ill assume that he has some fight training behind his belt, while ive been behind a book and computer all my life. while he did show me how to take care of myself if shit goes down, i would definitely get mashed by him.

I'd like to think my years of Tae-Kwon-Do and sports has allowed to become a better fighter than my dad who's 30 pounds lighter and 30 years older. But he grew up dirt poor on the streets of Vietnam...so maybe he's got a fighter in him. I know I'm not savage enough to fish for frogs in sewers, lol.

my dad was a navy seal, i'm a classical guitarist. i'd get owned, obviously, but i'd also be worried of breaking/hurting my hands. i'd probably have to resort to the dirty tactics and go for the loins from which i was conceived...

now that my dad is retired i can take him on with ease. but if it was back in the days when my dad was in HK, then im a dead man. he'd fuck my ass up with both arms behind his back

My dad is 5'6" and probably 135 lbs soaking wet. He cycles all the time so he has zero body fat, and all his muscle is in his thighs. I have 5 inches on him and another 20 lbs of muscle, I doubt sometimes if he is my real father. So, yes.

I dont know, my dads close to 60 and starting to get old, but on the other hand he´s been in construction for his whole life and obviously is a real strong and stubborn dude. Im 25 cm taller and probably 10 kg´s heavier than him though, might give me the advantage. And i dont know how much of a fighter he´s been either, while ive been in kyokushin ("knock down") karate for a couple of years..

My dad is about 6'6 250 lbs so he would pretty much put hands on me. But I'm scrappy so it might take a while before he catches me. I would probably strip down and grease up, but inevetibly I would still get the bizness.

I think my dad could punch me much harder than I could punch him, but I know I could get a nice headbutt in there pretty quickly.

"Look dad, I don't wanna figh-WHAM!!!!!

break his goofy polish nose for the 3rd time in his life ;)

(oh, Dolly's dad would kick the shit out of me)