WDYWT- what do you weigh today?

dino might

6'4

147lbs

want get to at least 175 asap its hardwork puting on weight

I too would also like to add to dino's :mad: sentiment. It is rather easy to gain weight as compared to the constant work ppl need to loose weight.

In general, if ur working too hard you will prolly loose weight. What u need to do to gain pounds is relatively easy, most of the routines state that you need ample time to rest and maintain caloric intake. Yes, you need to also increase the amount of weights you use per week but most workout routines for gaining muscle mass also state that you do only 8-15 reps per set, and only do about 3-4 sets. Also you can gain muscle in as little as 3-4 days per week of working out with ample rest in between. The key thing is to increase the weights u use each time... but still that is hardly "hard work"... especially if you can gain 1-3 pounds a week with enough caloric intake.

Compare that to the constant running, unending amounts of situps and pushups and a consistent 2 hours perday 5-6 times a week of circuit training +cardio for someone to loose weight "quickly" (3-4 months). Plus you have to combine this with the willpower not to give into the hunger it causes.

I too would also like to add to dino's :mad: sentiment. It is rather easy to gain weight as compared to the constant work ppl need to loose weight.

In general, if ur working too hard you will prolly loose weight. What u need to do to gain pounds is relatively easy, most of the routines state that you need ample time to rest and maintain caloric intake. Yes, you need to also increase the amount of weights you use per week but most workout routines for gaining muscle mass also state that you do only 8-15 reps per set, and only do about 3-4 sets. Also you can gain muscle in as little as 3-4 days per week of working out with ample rest in between. The key thing is to increase the weights u use each time... but still that is hardly "hard work"... especially if you can gain 1-3 pounds a week with enough caloric intake.

Compare that to the constant running, unending amounts of situps and pushups and a consistent 2 hours perday 5-6 times a week of circuit training +cardio for someone to loose weight "quickly" (3-4 months). Plus you have to combine this with the willpower not to give into the hunger it causes.

Or you can just cut down on calories and lose weight and not have to do any exercise whatsoever, not really healthy, but yeah.

^ and take cocaine!

Yeah, not eating will cause my body to go into a certain way where I will immediately gain weight back by just eating a donut or something. To loose weight and keep it off you still need to have a good diet.

• 2 weeks later...

Gaining weight is as simple as this:

Take in more calories than you burn.

Gaining muscle? Well thats completely different.

5'10"

172 lbs.

I'm trying to gain some muscle mass, rather not as successful as I want since I slack off alot. MUSCLE MILK! MUSCLE MILK! MUSCLE MILK! take in all the calories and protein as i can

Gaining muscle is fucking hard, especially if you dont want to get fat in the process :o

179cm

58kg

dylanesque, goin' to a party now.. looking like bob dylan. I'm awesome. thx. np. (10 chars).

6'2 , 148 lbs.

findmybetterhalf, when you run out of musclemilk and want to try something different, try out isoflex or 100%whey gold standard. Cytosport puts a lot of money into marketing for there products. Im not saying musclemilk is bad, but it isnt the best. But then again, different products work for different people. And if your looking on to put on some muscle mass stop taking creatine, it provides no permanent gains. So once you stop, you drop.

went from

5'11, 180

to

5'11, 160

in about 1-2 months

so I could fit into dior

naaaaaaawwwwwwwt

you tend eat a lot less when you go through a 400 level theory course where you're writing 15 page response papers every week on sobchack, Bazin, marx, metz, etc, full day class schedules and combine that with breaking up with your girlfriend of 4 years.

I think I've become anorexic :confused:

^as long as im kept busy throughout the day not eating doesnt even get noticed. i never eat breakfast and often ill just get caught up and then its 10pm when i realize i havent had anything to eat. if i have a meal first though, forget it, im hungry as fuck the rest of the day

exactly, when i'm on campus in classes all day with no breaks, I don't have time to even think about stopping to eat. I've gonethrough plenty of days like that realizing I have forgotten to eat something during the day and now I try to plan ahead and pack granola bars and snacks and shit in my backpack so I can grub down in between classes.