watchmen, the movie

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah yeah, but y'all missing the main event.

Real question is, who's gonna have the best butt. Laurie Juspeczyck or Dr Manhattan?

Hmmmn.

PS:

OH YEAH. The Comedian needs to be Burly not all tanned and toned like the fruit in the trailer. Comedian was an old man who fought in WW2 and Korea, not a leathered up contemporary Brad Pittalike from the Matrix.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah yeah, but y'all missing the main event.

Real question is, who's gonna have the best butt. Laurie Juspeczyck or Dr Manhattan?

Hmmmn.

PS:

OH YEAH. The Comedian needs to be Burly not all tanned and toned like the fruit in the trailer. Comedian was an old man who fought in WW2 and Korea, not a leathered up contemporary Brad Pittalike from the Matrix.

I found it humorous how as time went on in the story Manhattan kept on decreasing his clothing until he was just like "fuck clothes" lol

I'm sort of disappointed in Rorschach's voice. Yeah, it's sorta grimey, but I always imagined it as some real creepy shit.

Granted it's only a little soundbite, but for me at least his voice was a pretty integral. Hopefully this doesn't mean he'll be shot as just a hardline vigilante type instead of a half crazy, slum living, hardline vigilante (slopping down a cold can of pork and beans).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dave Gibbons talking shit and loving life with time mag. Pretty good, from the quick read it is i feel like they might be doing better than we could all hope, which i hope to god, allah, buddah, is the case.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1857823,00.html

Just read Snyder is slightly "reworking" the ending of the film, and that a certain something wasn't in the final script.

For those interested:

http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/downloads/watchmen-script-hamm-1989.pdf

^first 1989 script - Sam Hamm

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dhl9pk

^2003 script - David Hayer

Working on getting the somewhat final Alex Tse script uploaded.

I'm pretty excited for the movie, the trailers look pretty spot on w/ the exception of some costuming, etc.

Snyder seems to want to be as faithful to the story as possible in the time given and i'm glad that the Black Freighter storyline will be included as a full feature on the DVD release.

I think it is slated for march next year now, as opposed to december this year like it was originally. From a certain perspective this holiday season sucks. Harry Potter pushed back, Watchmen pushed back... I can honestly care less about Bond or that Benjamen Button movie. Kinda curious about Australia.

• 4 weeks later...
new trailer is out, shows little ror, fun times.

also, new comic-con footage on itunes. it's good stuff, but it doesn't do all that much to let people in on the story. since it was for comic peeps i'm not surprised. still looks damn good and we get a look at a few more of the characters.

• 1 month later...

im getting pretty amped. usually i would wait for the dvd but i will go see this at the theater. somehow even with the hacked up plot and diff ending i am still excited to see my fav graphic novel come to life.