watchmen, the movie

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read that while the version being released in a few weeks (!!) is a little over 2 hours, the director's cut may be playing in theaters as early as july and is about 3 1/4 hours long. Also pretty stoked that the black freighter dvd is coming out the same day as the film.

Have to run out, but considering it was the "unfilmable GN" I think they did a pretty goddamn good job, ofcourse the experience is different as it's a movie and your not reading/piecing together all those different storylines etc, and I think it might be very hard to follow if you haven't read the book first.

But I wasn't disappointed.

Later more....perhaps... bye!

my girlfriend is trying to finish up the book quickly before the weekend hits. i told her that i'd wait to see the movie with when she's done, but i'll be heated if sunday rolls around and i see all you motherfuckers babbling about it without having seen it.

saw it at 12. i liked it

if you read the book then watched the movie you'd know that all the scenes were really shortened and cramped so they could fit everything in. and understandably they cut a lot of stuff out.

but the characters are portrayed well and i thought it had the same basic feel of the graphic novel. just be prepared to see a lot of Dr. Manhattan's junk

I thought the movie was shot well, but damn did the script suck. I understand a lot of the quotes were taken from the novel, but they couldve improved on it. + the acting was mehhh.

lol I was unexpectedly disappointed they left out the alien squid. I wish they added in a homage or something.

Agreed.. a lot of the humor on screen just didnt work.

Wish the costumes didn't look so "clean" as well... but Silk Spectre is superfap material. haha

Will there be a director's cut that includes a bunch of the details? I noticed in the scene when Nite owl & SS saved the people from the fire, she had the coffee cups in her hand. Wonder if they filmed that part from the novel then cut it out to save time.

Just came back. Slightly disappointing, really. Stunning visuals, but the dialogue was awful and littered with bad puns, the soundtrack reduced to another vehicle for puns, oh, and did I mention there were a lot of fucking puns? Plus the pacing was way off for the screen. Ultimately that was what got to me.

Not bad, but could have been much better.

Damn, I was entirely satisfied with that to be honest. Had the right amount of cheese that a comic book movie should, had the perfect level of badassery, great visuals, and the acting was par to the course for most of the movie. Solid B+ from me, would see again (perhaps not pay $12 though)

i did not love it, but i want to see it again and again and again.

i think it hits a lot of the good part of the GN, best part being DR M on mars and talking about his life, i loved that, but a lot of it felt rushed and lacked a structure, which kinda was hard to get over.,

cant wait for the longer version, under the hood and the black freighter.

I thought it was great. For the length, it was the best job they could have done.

I was highly skeptical about the ending, thinking that they were going to pin it all on Dr. M.

By taking out the monster, they really cut the time down because they could then take out the whole setup for it. I assume Zak Snyder and the producers thought the general public would think that a monster would be cheesey, even though i really wanted to see what it would look like.