• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what would happen to people like me?

I really like going on sufu, but I am fairly new:confused:

Edit:

also, when people sign up just so they can sell shit

sometimes they have cool items or good prices

and I'm sure it gets annoying because of so many threads, but

I bought alot of shit from those kinds of people off here.

this isn't an online store, i'm just sayin.

im content with the people on sufu right now and what they contribute. while i agree, im sure some newbies will have some "knowledge" to drop, i'm far more annoyed by them making new threads about how things fits to appreciate anything else they post.

invite only plz.

Superfuture has been relatively boring since the banning escapades of fall '07. To close the community and take ourselves that seriously? What is the fun in that? Leave it open.

Honestly, this place was more fun back when we discussed our $150 jeans and coordinated Cambodian farmer's scarves with blank cotton tees and everybody could have a row.

your batting avg. for willing threads is steadily increasing this month

allowing people invite power by rep will just turn out how clicquey you are with everyone. that or if you are female and getting perved on by all the guys! some people may have been here a long time and yet accrued no rep at all because they dont post in the popular threads.

maybe invites could only be given to those who have spent a certain time period on the forum, which would stop mass posting or rep-jerk-off sessions between members.

Or we could just leave it at open admission and quit worrying about it. You guys really care that much?

not that i am an authority but it is probably a bad idea. you piss off the wrong person and he and his tribe will just all stick together and vote said person off.

realistically new members could be limited monthly and people who are bad could be reported and then mods decide as a group on each case.

I think the rep idea is bad, but then again I am part of the new batch. I haven't posted once in the denim forum or made a thread. I just made little comments in post addressed toward noobs in super trash and recieved quite a bit of neg rep pretty much just for posting.

not that i am an authority but it is probably a bad idea. you piss off the wrong person and he and his tribe will just all stick together and vote said person off.

realistically new members could be limited monthly and people who are bad could be reported and then mods decide as a group on each case.

This is probably a good suggestion too.

2 More stupid threads deleted from noobs in Superfashion....Noobs are the plague that is killing superfuture.

I think the rep idea is bad, but then again I am part of the new batch. I haven't posted once in the denim forum or made a thread. I just made little comments in post addressed toward noobs in super trash and recieved quite a bit of neg rep pretty much just for posting.

The whole point of this forum is to contribute to what it is; A forum about clothing/fashion. Supertrash is honestly just a privilege...

As much as we'd all like to hand-pick every single new member, I just don't think you can improve the "quality" of new members by installing an invite system.

Every six months there is at least one discussion about how much superfuture is deteriorating due to the new influx of new members. In the end, every swarm of noobs brings us a large number of idiots, some incredibly annoying characters and some really good contributors. That's the way it always goes. I don't think that ratio is going to improve by handing out invites, let alone to people with certain amounts of rep points.

So either close registrations completely or open the board up and let the chips fall where they may. Unless we start superrecruiting actively, scouring for knowledgeable members on other boards, those are the only two feasible options in my opinion.

So basially new member have to be experts? Why can't they come here to learn more?

the thing is that the site was closed for 3 months. most of us would assume that during that time searches could be done and questions would be answered, instead of having people show up and ask stupid questions that could easily have been answered with a quick google search.

so to reiterate my statement, fucktard new'bs.

the thing is that the site was closed for 3 months. most of us would assume that during that time searches could be done and questions would be answered, instead of having people show up and ask stupid questions that could easily have been answered with a quick google search.

so to reiterate my statement, fucktard new'bs.

I am not condoning those that make new threads or ask questions that could be answered by the encyclopedia. It seems like there should be a test for new to see how much knowledge they have and how much their views coincide with the elite member of SuFu.

This is a good idea.. but i say even less, one invite for every fifteen hundred points.

I cannot agree more. One invite per 500 is fair.

INVITE ONLY. Noobflood is the cancer blablahblah.