Supreme 2008 S/S

Dead_Wizard

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just want a bones fitted

Word, i had the first ones that came out.

but got rid of them due to them being 2 sizes big.

So im pretty glad theyre re-releasing them.

so i can be just like Casper, "Butterscotch yo".

well i guess the supreme sean cliver stuff releases on friday..
Legendary skateboard artist Sean Cliver was born in 1969 in Wisconsin. At the age of nineteen Sean Cliver noticed an “Artist Wanted†contest in Thrasher Magazine. The company behind the contest was Powell Peralta. Recognizing this as an opportunity of a lifetime, Sean decided to submit his artwork into the contest.

Sean’s artwork was selected as a finalist in the “Artist Wanted†contest and in January of ’89 boarded a flight towards California for an interview with George Powell. Three weeks later Sean Cliver received an offer of full-time employment as an in-house artist for Powell-Peralta.

After working over nineteen years in the skateboard industry and creating an abundance of skateboard graphics most notably his Ray Barbee Ragdoll graphic for Powell Peralta and shaping the identities of World Industries, 101, Birdhouse and Hook-Ups, Sean Cliver is acknowledged as a premier artist in the skateboard world.

Not restricting himself to the skate world, Sean was also a founding Senior Editor of Big Brother Magazine. Through this venture Sean was involved in the production of the magazine and the Big Brother videotape series, which would later transform into the Jack Ass TV show.

Feeling that there was a void in a published historical archive of skateboard artwork, Sean decided to author “Disposable: A History Of Skateboard Artâ€. “Disposable†showcases over 1000 skateboard graphics with assorted recollections from artists and pro skateboarders throughout the past three decades.

This summer Supreme will produce a series of two skateboards with original artwork done by Sean Cliver for Supreme and two original t-shirt designs to coincide with the project release.

Available at the NY/LA stores and online on June 12th. Available in Japan stores on June 14th.

10/chars...

if i was a lil younger i'd cop one of those new t's. at 26 it just doesn't seem right anymore. matter of fact, i think i'm officially too old to rock supreme.

too old to rock Supreme at 26?? You guys should check out London, noone UNDER 26 wears it....unless they're (in the main) asian hypebeasts....

Regarding London heads...i have classic Supreme OG for sale here;

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=53536

I also ship to anywhere in the world

I understand that this thread is dedicated to the S/S '08 Line, but I just have a few general Supreme questions that have been burning passionately inside my very essence-

1. Has anyone here actually used Supreme decks, wheels, etc. for their intended purpose?

2. Does anyone (aside from resellers) actually consider purchasing Supreme Chukkas? In black? Especially when a pair of black Chukkas are occasionally availible at vans outlet stores for about $19.00?

3. Does anyone here use Supreme as a skateshop, as opposed to a fashion hub?

Nothing against anyone who's answered in a manner that presents them as a Supreme enthusiast... I'm just very, very, very curious about the subject.

Thanks in advance for not rifling out 'newb', 'n00b', and 'nubie' responses!

:)

1. The decks are good. I think they're from the same factory as girl? Wheels no experience with. Doubt they're worth it.

2. Supreme Vans have a better lining and usually better quality suede than regular outlet vans. You are paying a premium for branding, but you do get a better product. Some of the cheap half cabs I've gotten were pure shit in terms of quality.

3. I don't think anyone really uses Supreme as their main skate shop. They have a minimal selection of hard goods and don't really give deals on completes and stuff

^^^ I bought a pair of black supreme chukkas this weekend at the LA store. I bought it cuz I needed more black chukkas and the material and detailing of the shoe is dope! other than that I guess your paying for the name cuz their almost identical to the regular black chukkas you see at the outlet...

agreed but they're not that much more comfortable where they're worth more than 2x the amount of the regular ones.

but hey, power to supreme, their marketing techniques are genius getting people to think the quality of their items is so great

but hey, power to supreme, their marketing techniques are genius getting people to think the quality of their items is so great

Part of what you're paying for is the exclusivity, for sure. But on the shirts anyway, it's a much higher quality shirt than your standard Hanes or AA even. I've had AA shirts fall apart on me, thin out and tear. Even my old Supreme shirts are solid, after a lot of wear and washing.

But I only do the shirts, I don't know about the shoes at all