korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

real talk. 10char.

word i heard about all this. i'm also pretty sure police have the right to drug test too. eh i have like 8-9 dank treats left so it's plenty.

but, if your hearts set, pick up and ill bun the midnight brocolli wi'chu.

i'd be down to share some of what's left. got nothing to do this fucking week anyway besides 학원

that isn't just merely a piss test btw - that's their legal right to hair test and spinal tap you. good luck with that. well, good luck me, I have 12 inches of hair on my head.

yo for those of you that want underage drinking info (from my experience around Hongdae), it's mad easy to get into bars/clubs if you're a foreigner. I'm half korean (but don't look it so much, you'd only notice if i told you) and 17 and i was with two french friends that were 18 and 20. we were chillin yesterday with 3 korean chicks that were each about 25. they got carded in a bar, we didn't. none of us got carded in the club. if ever you happen to get carded though, just say that you don't have your id. there's a very good chance you'll still get in.

if you look korean though, you'll probably get carded... unless maybe you look dumb rich or are with some good lookin biddies

hey does any of you guys have the hook up for a higher paying english teaching job in seoul. after being pretty much disappointed in being back home, im really wanting to go back to seoul. ive done some searches but nothing catching my eye yet.

i've been hesitant to seek out bud due to low quality + being a foreigner with no rights, but have been seriously missing it lately. probably the most significant downside to life in korea.

yes for me this is the only downside! i really love seoul though, i never thought i would like it this much.

herbology, just try with your crappy fake, it'll probably work. they won't know how to read anything on iit

hey does any of you guys have the hook up for a higher paying english teaching job in seoul. after being pretty much disappointed in being back home, im really wanting to go back to seoul. ive done some searches but nothing catching my eye yet.

what sort of salary are you looking for? like 2.7-2.8 range?

you have to be retarded to discuss any illegal activity on a forum lmao

on the real, korean drug laws are extreme. if you ever get caught, they will make you rat out your friends. dealing or no dealing. they piss/hair test you if your name was ever ratted out. just dont get caught.

oh i'm sorry i think i'll go repent my wrongdoings and while i'm at it i'll apologize for all the people who posted on the Ma·ri·jua·na thread as well...

i don't plan on getting caught for anything considering even if i stayed clean i would fail a hair test.

what sort of salary are you looking for? like 2.7-2.8 range?

well im planning on trying to take a bunch of private lessons on the side as well but yeah AT LEAST that much to start would be my starting range.

i just had a really intense convo with my dad, and he does not seem to be as supportive in me going back as he was the first time, but i think at this point in my life going back to seoul would be the best place to save money if i dont fuck around too much. cause i need money if i want to pay for grad school.

You can probably make more than that Al, I'd keep my heart set on 4. It's possible. Some places that offer that much will be disorganized and you'll have to put up with bullshit, but that is the case with places that pay half that as well. Drop your man Dan a line and see if he will set you up with CD fucking I, it's not free money and it's infested with morons, but they do pay well enough to make you wonder why you worked somewhere else your first year.

yeah, i think the key is just being vigilant and not taking the first moderately decent job that comes your way. that's what i did and i'm not making nearly as much as i could be.

also, what's your visa status? if you've got an f2 you can make a ton of cash and not have to deal with hagwon/public school bs.

he's an E2 but that is good enough to make any amount of money you want. You just gotta rub the right clit and flatter the right people here, because the salaries for whitey range from 2 mil to unlimited won. I've met guys with no qualifications and no reason to be here be put into directorial and CEO positions of multinational companies in Korea. It's a lot to do with how you rub Korean people and how slyly aggressive you are, and how much you know you can get from them, or least hedge on.

You can probably make more than that Al, I'd keep my heart set on 4. It's possible. Some places that offer that much will be disorganized and you'll have to put up with bullshit, but that is the case with places that pay half that as well. Drop your man Dan a line and see if he will set you up with CD fucking I, it's not free money and it's infested with morons, but they do pay well enough to make you wonder why you worked somewhere else your first year.

damn really!? i cant find any place in the dozens of websites that ive checked that pay any where near that, i was about to apply to a spot that pays like 2.6 yesterday then i read what you wrote so im going to wait cause right now its about the money. and i dont mind working with fucktards, not only have i done that many times before i do know that seoul is like a magnet for foreign fucktards. damnit it guys make it happen, cause i need this.

yeah, i think the key is just being vigilant and not taking the first moderately decent job that comes your way. that's what i did and i'm not making nearly as much as i could be.

also, what's your visa status? if you've got an f2 you can make a ton of cash and not have to deal with hagwon/public school bs.

yeah i took the first position i found last year and while i dealt with a ton of bullshit, like drew said, i dealt with it and it paid for all my trips and alcohol for the year so i have no regrets.

and yeah im an e2 cause im mexican-american, and we all know that mexicans are bred to work their asses off through tons off bullshit.

thanks for the advice guys. lets hope for the best cause im not good at kissing ass, but i am pretty good at dealing with people so we'll see