10 corso como

boon the shop

daily projects

ecru

shinsegae

galleria

'outlets' at 가로수길

good laughs

I will visit Korea for business next Friday. Thinking about staying an extra couple of nights and leaving on Sunday.

I guess I could stay with family in Seoul but kinda want to be on my own too. Any good hotel recommendations aside from Park Hyatt or Ritz...don't really want to drop $600 for two nights.

Decided not to stay the extra couple of days. Basically flying in at 5:45 AM on Friday and leaving at 8:00 PM the same day.

Will be in the air for 24 hours within a 38-hour span...working life sucks.

Also, would have never stayed at a jimjilbang...come on man, that response was not worth the time for you to type and for me to reply.

can stay at the Ritz for 100 and Park Hyatt on off-days for 230 as well. If you get on the internet, hotels here are not that expensive for what they are. They just want you to believe they're busy and booked out - the big hotels are just used as love motels for old rich dudes buying each other hookers anyway. There are far more hotel rooms than there are tourists for this place.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here know how Chung-ju is? My friend and I picked to live there for one of those 6-month teaching positions. I know it's more country-side, but is it too much country?

We could've been posted anywhere but my friend suggested chungju because:

1. it's in the middle of all the big cities (seoul, busan, etc.)

2. just the right amount of country/city so that it's not hectic 24/7 on the weekdays, or too boring.

Should I petition for another city?

I was under the impression they were 1-2 hours away, or at least that's what my friend told me. The thing is we're trying to experience what every big city has to offer, and I'd rather take 5 or 6 1-2 hour bus rides, rather than a 4 hour one just to get to busan.

Mainly I just want to know, is chungju so unpopulated, that I would get that bored of it (as opposed to seoul). Half of the reason I'm going is to have a time of introspection and whatnot, so if it's bearable, I wouldn't mind.

I haven't been to Korea since I was , so excuse my ignorance. Just looking for some useful advice.

Guest umhaha84

you got it wrong bro,stay somewhere near seoul or pusan otherwise it's gonna get old REAL fast.

btw it's only about 2 hour KTX ride (about $40 each way) from Seoul to Pusan

Ah christ.... the thing is, during the weekdays I'll be busy teaching, working out, kicking it with a friend. Drinking and getting fucked up is only for the weekends.

The only reason I'm so persistent is that my friend keeps reassuring me, but you guys make it out like it's hell.

lol, I live in the middle of the shittiest part of Seoul, and it's not hectic enough for me, weekday or weekend. Seoul is dead after midnight, I'd imagine anyplace else would literally be pitch dark and lights out by then. There is literally nothing going off in Korea on Sunday through Thursday, every dance floor is empty, every bar is empty, most 'cool' kids are at home saving money for the weekend, because all the girls have to work M-F and don't go out.

If you want to sit on a mountaintop and otherwise spend the rest of a year being accosted by Korean hicks, then living in Chungju would probably do well. If you want to be accosted by Korean hicks less often and not sit on top of a mountain, you should move to Seoul.

Hi folks.

Me and two friends are going to study in Seoul in the fall. We are just staying for 6 months. What are the opportunities to rent a apartment for foreigners? Is there someone you can talk to, such broker, etc. We really don't want to live on campus, seems to be very strict.

Grateful for any response!

hey guys just figured I'd throw this out there. Does anyone have recommendations for good recruiting programs for teaching? My university career center has a shitload of stuff posted but they don't filter them and don't have reviews of the services. I've started researching but there are...needless to say a lot of them so if anyone has experience with a particularly good one that'd be cool hah