Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

back when these first came out there was a color called vintage blue. anybody have these? i'm curious as to how they aged

vintblueselvage.jpg

I posted my faded pair of these a while ago, on page 12 of this topic now. Other's have said they faded slowly for them, but they faded really quickly wearing them as work pants.

The front rise on weird guys is too low for me, I haven't worn them in a long time.

Edited by to><ikon

Hello everyone, first post here.

These are my Skinny Guy Elephant 2's in a 29, hemmed to about 32.5 inches. I'd say this is sort-of tts, or maybe even a size 1-up, as I ideally wear 28 in most brands. The waist is about 1 inch too big, but I could not do smaller in the thighs and the top block.

IMG_8062.jpg

IMG_8063.jpg

IMG_8055.jpg

After wearing them for a few hours, they were unbearably uncomfortable. The side rivets were bruising the sides of my hips and the crotch seam was pushing rather uncomfortably into the nether regions. Sitting in one position for too long would begin to cut off circulation to various parts as well. I tried to tough it out for a few days, but being unable to wear them for more than 3 hours at a time, ended up giving them a cold soak to hopefully remove some of the stiffness. It ended up working, and acquired what I can only describe as a delightfully 'crunchy' feel. I've been wearing them with a cheap cloth belt to prevent waistband stretching, because when I bought them, the waist was already about 1 inch too big, mostly due to the fact that I'm a skinny hipster.

Post-soak picture, after ~5 days of wear:

IMG_8242.jpg

A minor criticism: the coin pocket rivet fell right off after I first put them on. It just seems as if it wasn't proper attached in the first place.

Great fit!! Wish I had gotten size 29 but overall happy with the way the 30's fit. I get a little hip flare caused by the back pockets folding into the denim.

If the waist was already a little too big I don't think it'll stretch much if any at all. My 29 WG's didn't really stretch at all but they are also about an inch too big.

Also what's the hip measurement or yours? Are the rest of the measurements pretty accurate with blue owl?

Edited by LckyChrmsBBoy

Great fit!! Wish I had gotten size 29 but overall happy with the way the 30's fit. I get a little hip flare caused by the back pockets folding into the denim.

If the waist was already a little too big I don't think it'll stretch much if any at all. My 29 WG's didn't really stretch at all but they are also about an inch too big.

Also what's the hip measurement or yours? Are the rest of the measurements pretty accurate with blue owl?

Thanks! I do a lot of sitting though so I'm afraid of stretch from waistband gaping.

Well, a quick measurement of mine right now gets me:

Waist 30"

Front Rise 9"

Thigh 10.5"

Knee 7.5"

Leg Opening 7"

Keep in mind I've worn them for about 3 weeks now, so that should be a good idea of the stretch.

Re: hip flare - Yeah it's aggravating. The quick cold soak did wonders for that though; I found that the pockets pre-soak didn't bend at all, so the denim would jab/fold awkwardly under the pocket when I walked. Try pinching the pockets in half when you walk; the denim will hold the fold fairly well. Do it enough and the seat of the pants should crease more naturally. Though you may have more of an issue since the WG's are roomier in the top block.

Not just that, my pair at least never measured 34". Even pre-wash they were like 33" or so, and they really didn't shink that much, maybe 32-32.5" afterward.

I have to second that.

I was very surprised when I received my pair of NFxOni and realized how short they were. I don't understand why they weren't produced two inches longer.

Quite a shame as it's a very nice pair otherwise.

...A minor criticism: the coin pocket rivet fell right off after I first put them on. It just seems as if it wasn't proper attached in the first place.

i've been reading this thread and it seems like n&f is having a lot of quality control issues. like that shirt that disintegrated in the wash? buttons and rivets just popping off? unacceptable. i've got some 21oz wgs that have held up admirably for 1.5 yrs but I don't know if I'd buy any of their stuff again.

It does seem they have a few problems, but it's mainly been the Elephant denim and as for the shirt the guy said there was no wash instructions and he threw it into the washer, and another commented on it should be hand washed

I've had my wg deep indigo for about a yr or so with no extreme wear..no skating or biking or anything of that nature. Just walking, chillin, and working in retail and they've held up really well.

Probably going to buy some APC tonight or possibly some broken twills..decisions decisions!

Size up 2 for skinny guys? I went TTS on my skinny guy elephant 2's and kind of wish I would have gone down one.

My reply was specific to the guy who posted before...if your pants are so tight that the top button falls off if you try to button them up, then it might be best to size up one, if not two sizes. Especially with the elephant 2's.

i've been reading this thread and it seems like n&f is having a lot of quality control issues. like that shirt that disintegrated in the wash? buttons and rivets just popping off? unacceptable. i've got some 21oz wgs that have held up admirably for 1.5 yrs but I don't know if I'd buy any of their stuff again.

The elephant 2's are the major offender. Keep in mind that this is a 22oz jean that retails for something like $165. N&F did their best to keep this model affordable, and that seems to have resulted in some durability issues on a few pieces with this model. I own a pair of weird guy elephant 2's: I can attest to the fact that they're not...particularly well put together for what they are. That said, though, I own quite a few other pairs from naked & famous, and the elephant 2 models are an exception, rather than the rule. As for the shirt that fell apart: I'd write off as an isolated incident as well.

Also keep in mind that the people with problems tend to be more vocal than those who haven't had any issues. It's human nature.

I was the one with the slim shirt with the defect. and just wanted to say that i have 3 other n & f shirts and 7-8 pairs of jeans all purchased over a 2 year period and have never had an issue with quality before. n & f were very proactive in accommodating my particular issue and I have no ill feelings towards their brand or quality. we have 78 pages almost entirely of positive examples of their quality. Aside from that, the fact that they are so accessible says something about them. I emailed them about care instructions and brandon emailed me back a couple minutes later.

For some reason I kinda feel ya on that. But then again I don't really care about fashion and all that...I just wear what I like whether it's in style or not.

Im not on about fashion as in whats in style though I'm on about in terms of quality, reading a lot of posts on here and from my own experience with N&F i feel the quality just isn't truly there yet with N&F and to be a true denim brand it has to be about and all built on quality, not raspberry jeans and 22oz denim that buttons fall off etc..

They're quirky. They make a few gimmicky products. That doesn't equate to "crap disposable fashion".

Honestly, what "fashion" brands can you think of that do what naked and famous does? What trends are they trying to cater to with these quirky products? If fashion is all about staying in season and following the most recent trends, then the only way naked & famous would be fashionable is if a whole bunch of other brands started producing scratch-n-sniff jeans, or extremely heavy weight denim, or...eh...dog-print shirts. They're going *against* the grain of fashion in a lot of respects, for better or for worse.

As for quality, any pair of jeans that a person can continuously beat up every day for six months to a year straight and still have them hold up is pretty far ahead of the curve.

Hater's gonna hate. I can't say that I like everything they do, but they're solid in my book.