australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

The Filippa K boots came today.... amazing! They fit perfectly....

Did you cop??

Nah, I was in Melbourne so was without propper interweb access - and now there are none left in my size! Can you take some pics i'd be interested in how they look through the lense of a shopper and not a webstore.

Also, what's the leather like? is it heavy or quite soft? One of the things that bums me about the St&ard boots is that the leather is too soft and thin to really wear in nicely. I like to build up a bit of creasing over time.

Nah, I was in Melbourne so was without propper interweb access - and now there are none left in my size! Can you take some pics i'd be interested in how they look through the lense of a shopper and not a webstore.

Also, what's the leather like? is it heavy or quite soft? One of the things that bums me about the St&ard boots is that the leather is too soft and thin to really wear in nicely. I like to build up a bit of creasing over time.

:-( sucks man yes I will certainly take some pics for you.

This is the first pair of boots i've owned so i haven't really a basis to measure thickness... but I did originally notice how light they were. The leather is really thick around the toes but gets quite thin around the ankles.

I'd say as an estimate you would prefer it to be thicker...

As I sit here waiting for an item I purchased from the SuFu supermarket to arrice - not knowing if it will or wont (tracking number still doen't show anything after 5 days) - I was thinking...

Do you think we could start an Australia supermarket thread for items for sale within Australia? I would certainly be more likely to buy from a thread like that, and I also think that given the weak Australian dollar, some of the yanks may be more inclined to buy.

What do you think?

P.s. I'm just going to keep posting in the melbourne thread because there is more action here. And I love action.

i'm gonna chuck a few things up for sale in the next couple of days. con, a77, jil, etc.

obviously it's easier to sell domestically, but seeing as though people generally want to recoup their cash, selling in USD (at least for the time being) is tempting..

who'd you buy from, ivans? did they have references?

Ivan I'll let you know once it's came in mate icon14.gif.

checked out assin today, they have the lui hon and fernando frisoni collections in store. they only ordered a few frisoni pieces, however the ones I saw were quite nice. they had the bamboo/wool l/s tees which looked quite nice for $175, made in Australia too which is a plus. didn't bother trying it on though as I'm not looking for any more long sleeve tees atm..

175??? i could've sworn they were 270ish when i checked fallow. maybe we're thinking of different ones. did this one have a buckle sort of detail at the hem?

regardless, 100 bucks more for a shitty buckle detail sucks ass

i'm gonna chuck a few things up for sale in the next couple of days. con, a77, jil, etc.

obviously it's easier to sell domestically, but seeing as though people generally want to recoup their cash, selling in USD (at least for the time being) is tempting..

who'd you buy from, ivans? did they have references?

I traded with yoh05. Who sells a lot of gear and has some references floating around. The only thing bothering me is that because it's a trade I have no means of raising a dispute with PayPal. Further, he said he shipped priority mail with tracking number, however, the tracking number says "There is no record of this item", and this is after 5 days.

I'm probably being paranoid, but I'll be happier when I know for sure I didn't just send a guy my $650 geller blazer.

175??? i could've sworn they were 270ish when i checked fallow. maybe we're thinking of different ones. did this one have a buckle sort of detail at the hem?

regardless, 100 bucks more for a shitty buckle detail sucks ass

this was a plain l/s tee. there was another with a silly buckle detail but I didn't check the price on that piece.

I've got a few cheap items on eBay Australia at the moment, mostly unused from my styling inventory. 80's mil surplus Commando sweater, 90's mil surplus combat boots and some Fred Perry polos - as well as some Raf on eBay USA (less cheap).

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=146635

The combat boots are pretty tough:

b39e_12.JPG

And the Commando sweater is in really good shape. The wool isn't as plush as Rick Owens merino i.e. it's a bit scratchy without a long sleeve underneath, but it is really hard wearing and the ribbing gives a close fit:

!BOZso3gBGk~$(KGrHgoOKj0EjlLmUlQIBJuc6YVolw~~_12.JPG

I've got a brand new Samsung F480 up on eBay too if anyone is interested ;).

sucks that you're having trouble with a deal Ivan, I've been lucky that I've never had any trouble with a sale/purchase on here (just annoying pms from lowballers and flakers). I personally wouldn't consider a trade unless I'd dealt with the other person in the past as you don't have any protection if the counterpart tries to rip you off.

i need some recommendations on black jeans.

im after something i can get locally thats warm (for winter), tapered in so i can wear boots over them, but not so tapered that my thighs don't fit into them. I don't have drain pipe legs.

I ordered a pair of dark dancers but they were one size to big and i can be bothered buying a size smaller now the online store sale is over. btw if anyone wants a pair of dark dancers in 32/32 hit me up.

here's a few pics taken quickly when I got home tonight...

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

^haha, dude must be crazy.

the bag retailed for $190 but I got it for ~$160 because of a pitbull mansion discount. doubt it will be at the sale as it was insta-copped at all the places that stocked it. the leather isn't anything special but the bag is excellent for the price, use mine as a gym bag icon14.gif.

regarding jeans wept I'm not really sure tbh, last pair I bought locally before the CM black lizzy jeans were nudiez 3 years ago haha. I wouldn't recommend CM jeans if you don't want them to be super-tapered, they're pretty much denim leggings. the top block isn't all that tight though so they might be worth trying if you happen to drop by the store.

I'll be hitting the sale tomorrow before my afternoon class, was the sydney event cash only?

thats strange. i felt the aprils were more fogiving when i tried em on. must just be me. i wasnt looking at the cut of jean for the CMs though. but they were ball busting tight. the aprils were better and i felt they would stretch more than the CMs. i would have copped if they had em in a 31, but they didnt.

I found aprils to be looser than CM too, at least in the smaller sizes. the back pocket rivets still put me off april though...

my CM's haven't stretched very much even though I've worn them quite a bit now. they've only had the one cut of black jeans for a while now, cale didn't have any word on new cuts/washes yet either.