australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

the above picture reminds me..

i need tan leather shoes/boots, nothing too chucky. maybe mid cut. leather sole preferable (i swear i'm flat footed due to all the shitty-flat-rubber-soled stuff i wear).

anyone?

also, what the fuck size am i in doc martens. forgot to try on in city. i'm typically US10, 42 in CMs, US9.5 in chucks. i'm guessing i'm UK8/US9 in the docs?

i think i can help you home. i wear julius engineer boots in size 2, and they are really snug. i wear van slip ons in a 10US, i wear my docs in a UK8 which is a 42. i wear a 9 in cons. hope that helps.

seeing as your a 9.5 in cons i would say your a 9UK in docs. i could be wrong so dont quote me on that.

i think i can help you home. i wear julius engineer boots in size 2, and they are really snug. i wear van slip ons in a 10US, i wear my docs in a UK8 which is a 42. i wear a 9 in cons. hope that helps.

seeing as your a 9.5 in cons i would say your a 9UK in docs. i could be wrong so dont quote me on that.

Would I get ripped on for buying superdry? They have a really nice parka for only $280 and it fits like a glove. All i'd have to do is have the 100 or so superdry logos removed...

Also, I'm looking for a pair of pants or jeans similar to the geller pants seen below. Any idea on where I could get a similar pair. I'm more interested in the colour - I can have the pants tailored to fit later.

Geller.jpg

superdry is not so bad, except for the logo whoring.

post a picture of it. sometimes removal of logos leaves a terribly ugly mark. (especialyl when the rest of the jacket might be distressed)

Would I get ripped on for buying superdry? They have a really nice parka for only $280 and it fits like a glove. All i'd have to do is have the 100 or so superdry logos removed...

Also, I'm looking for a pair of pants or jeans similar to the geller pants seen below. Any idea on where I could get a similar pair. I'm more interested in the colour - I can have the pants tailored to fit later.

Geller.jpg

superdry is not so bad, except for the logo whoring.

post a picture of it. sometimes removal of logos leaves a terribly ugly mark. (especialyl when the rest of the jacket might be distressed)

i found my docs tight at first and stiff, they will stretch a bit but im not sure how much. the leather feels like plastic for the first few wears so it takes a bit to break em in. if your getting boots (8 eyelets) i recommend doing up the first 4 eyes on each boot so you have mobility while the leather softens..

i have 10 ups and i leave the top 2 rows of eyes unlaced, then i rap the lace around the top of the ankle and tie them a the front. ive had em 6 years and ive never had a broken lace or any probs with them.

im a US10 in vans from memory, wear US9.5 in cons, but can fit US9.

the docs will stretch a little over time if they're snug, no?

ta.

i found my docs tight at first and stiff, they will stretch a bit but im not sure how much. the leather feels like plastic for the first few wears so it takes a bit to break em in. if your getting boots (8 eyelets) i recommend doing up the first 4 eyes on each boot so you have mobility while the leather softens..

i have 10 ups and i leave the top 2 rows of eyes unlaced, then i rap the lace around the top of the ankle and tie them a the front. ive had em 6 years and ive never had a broken lace or any probs with them.

im a US10 in vans from memory, wear US9.5 in cons, but can fit US9.

the docs will stretch a little over time if they're snug, no?

ta.

i just saw this in the WAYWT thread. Love the jeans. anyone delt with Uniqlo skinny jeans before? Where to cop locally?

Yeah I have the same pair, cost like 45 bucks before the dollar dropped. For the price they are fine. I have seen some for sale in the marketplace by aussies.

i just saw this in the WAYWT thread. Love the jeans. anyone delt with Uniqlo skinny jeans before? Where to cop locally?

Yeah I have the same pair, cost like 45 bucks before the dollar dropped. For the price they are fine. I have seen some for sale in the marketplace by aussies.

how small do the engineer boots fit? I would think you would fit better into a size 1 not a size 2 in normal julius boots judging by those comparisons?no?

i wouldnt fit into a size 1 julius boot to save myself. trust me the 2s are snug with thick socks, and just right with normal socks. im an actual size 42. DJI wears julius boots in a 1 and i think he is a size 40-41.

Nah nah, it's ok... I was just thinking you are about the same size as me and i could fit my feet into a size 1 i think, though i have never tried only ever finding size 2, as size 1 sells out really quick here.. it would prolly be very snug though..

i'm not after any information on yurius..lol

what is the length of your foot? 27cm?

ok so your feet are a little smaller than mine in both width and length... i can get my foot into size 41 boots... my feet are a size bigger than yours?

edit* not that it really maters.. i'm just curious how people size their sjoes and boots... no foot fetish!

i want peoples opinion on this outfit. Ive always loved Bizzy's style but this look has me asking myself 'could a guy pull off those pants'. Bizzy has always seemed very androgynous to me so im not sure. It suits Bizzy but could a guy wear 3/4 pants like that?

what.jpg

I've been thinking about 3/4 pants myself actually, I think slimmer cut pants would look better on most guys but it is definitely possible for a dude to pull off those shorts that bizzy is rocking (she is amazing btw, truly inspirational).

yeah, I have a true size 41 foot and the Julius engineer boots fit me perfectly with regular socks. I think you'd be best off with a size 2 if you're looking to get a pair J, however I think the waxed hide version is sold out pretty much everywhere (not a big fan of the reverse hide leather pair). a 26cm length foot would make you a size 41 in length too wept, but I guess your foot width requires a larger size for comfort.

50 I added the pics from LMFF to the CM thread, the runway presentation was last night ;). btw the hooded coat isn't in yet, cale called production and they said definitely monday. they are putting aside a size S in black for me, hopefully it fits well. they are only producing it in black, not that it matters for me though haha.

also dropped by the CON sale again before class this afternoon, no new stock. I asked one of the dudes working there and he said what was out now was basically it. place was pretty much empty, was about half a dozen people looking around. oh yeah and btw, there were no change rooms yesterday, dudes were just getting changed in corners of rooms haha.

i got my julius engineers for about 700AU with added sole. which is bad but its not super cheap. but yeah you have to proxy them.

DJI. if you find a pair of the pants that Bizzy is wearing locally let me know. im at work atm and its soo soo slow.

melvin seriously I'd just invest in a better pair if you can. as long as you get a protective rubber sole added and replace the heel cap whenever necessary (~3 months of constant wear) they'll last forever.

will do wept, although I've never noticed any aussie designers doing something similar. I take it you're not looking for something with a drop crotch? could suggest RO from assin when they receive ss09 stock but I'm guessing you don't want to pay an arm and a leg haha.