australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

assin = assrape, so no.

im still a mid level budget kinda guy. whatever the hell that means.

julius does a 3/4 pant but i havent seen it pop up on Y!. does bizzys have a drop crouch. i didnt notice. i just thought it was baggy, if you know what i mean. im open to a bit of drop but not to much drop.

^haha!

hey conqueror i will be back in Tokyo the start of next month.. what do you do for a good night out? clubbing? pub? in South Nippon now

Yeh thanks D! i actually don't mind the reverse calf, i have always been a fan.. but yeh i don't really love the current seasons boots form Julius.. More the older ones.. Hmmm.. i haven't seen the waxed version anywhere.. D can you whip up a nice pic for me?

cheers

Melvin.. don't bother buying those mcqueen

get these Vip Van Winkle buffalo hide

or Buttero Broke

i personally love these Attachment

my non ballah favs at the moment

home: adelaide is actually cool to live in (cheaper cost of living, lots of cool restaurants etc) but it definitely fucking sucks for anything else or visitors. i could show someone everything semi-interesting in half a day.

jcotteri: i am probably the most boring foreign dude in tokyo. i don't drink and i don't like clubs/dance music. a good night to me is probably hitting a record store, getting some food and then going to a show (i'm mainly into hardcore but i have seen so much cool stuff since i've been here: mono, fennesz etc).

conqueror CM jeans are $200 for the black pair and around $240 for the blue pairs, which are a different cut each. the models in order of slimness are:

- black

- raw blue

- one wash blue

- pre-wash blue

and yeah, adelaide sucks haha

J here is a pic of the waxed hide engineer boots I have from this season:

IMG_2315.jpg

they didn't show any mens looks. each designer at LMFF could only show a few looks as the runway shows only went for ~10 mins, and there were about 5-10 designers per show. nothing like the big international shows where each designer presents most of their new collection...

cheers for the link J! would rep if i could.

loving that rip van winkle pair... though i would need a size 40 (i think).. their smallest is 41 :(

man arent asians suppose to have small feet? ffs

I'm sure now thatyou know what you are looking for you can find them in a smaller size no problem. They are brand new and most probably not sold out yet.

Thanks D! for the pic. Yeh that is quite nice, but still not the biggest fan of the shape of the boot and the style.. it's not offensive, but it's not appealing for me.

that's cool J, if everyone had the same taste then fashion would be boring haha. looking forward to seeing what you pick up, be sure to post plenty of pics in recent purchases :cool:.

zambesi does have sales. they are a new zealand based brand and the majority of the pieces in store are from their own label.

pics from the LMFF independent runway are up. very solid collection from Lui, the whole line is unisex although most of the pieces would only suit (or at least would look best on) a woman. standout piece for me is still this button knit jacket:

3372237910_9e8a9f64b6.jpg

the cape coat looks quite wearable too, and the leather/wool combination arm warmers are an interesting accessory.

I think some of the individual pieces would be easy enough to wear, it's just the way it's styled on the runway (tatooine steeze on the 2nd male look haha).

tbh I've never payed any attention to Zambesi, their pieces have always struck me as either over designed or just plain boring. only other high end NZ brand I'm familiar with is Nom*d, and they're quite expensive.

can't say the Lui Ho stuff is doing much for me, kinda a bit to costumey or something.

so many amazing peices from Zambesi... would love to cop but have only been to the shop once. what is the pricing like??

I tried on two pair of pants. They were fucking great. Fit me perfectly. One pair was a moleskin trouser the other were a really tapered cotton pant. The moleskin were $350 and the others $450. They didn't have the colour I wanted in either though, so I may return.

Yes you're right about the syling, D. I think it could have been pulled off better though... perhaps it is just the mundane environment of the LMFF that detracts from the pieces. It's hard to look at RO shots etc and then back to local labels... it's a shame that they are not so inspiring to me.

I think Zambesi is all about the cut and fabric which is exactly what i'm after.

a few standouts for me:

aw0902.jpg

amazing jacket!! minimalist perfection:

aw0916.jpg

aw0921.jpg

aw0935.jpg

perhaps i'm making myself love it but seriously these are so nicely put together.

Saw some of the new zambesi stock. was very impressed with the fabrics. they have a super long super soft tank. the colours are nice too, reminds me of dust/darkshadow (though its called "swamp", so no one can tell!)

only problem is its cut a bit more like a sleeveless tee than a tank (ie shortish arm holes). didn;t try it on...maybe it works when worn.

I have definitely come to appreciate zambesi a little more after seeing this seasons work.

for fucks sake, why hasn't this spam bot been deleted yet?

might have to take another look at zambesi in person, although it's not really my thing from the way it's styled on the runway from your impressions the individual pieces are quite impressive. besides, they should have ss09 RO stock soon too ;).