australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Oh and hahaha @ the AIDS ripoff from LAB. I was going to point it out while posting but got bored.

I wa not endorsing the brand just pointing out the cool dc. (well what i thought was cool)

Apparently the CM Mens Leather Bomber will drop at the end of April. There's been a few lay-by cancellations on last seasons jacket so they have a few more sizes avail for anyone interested.

the price difference between the canvas and leather versions of the bags is ridiculous. last season the canvas save the world bag was $150, where as the leather version was $190. there really isn't a reason to not choose the more durable (and better looking) leather version when it's only ~33% more expensive unless you're a vegan or something :P

tbh I'm still not convinced that the second skin would work. it's cut like a drapey cardigan however because leather is heavy it just seems to fall awkwardly, at least that was my impression from the parallax leather last season. no amount of treatment would make the leather fall the way that's intended, unless they used some crazy thin SS08 RO style leather.

J dunno if he would have been able to spot you if it was in the last few months. as I recall he recognised you because of your ceepees, quite a few more people rocking them in Melbourne since CM and JC started stocking them.

I agree about the 2nd skin, unless they have really dramatically changed the leather they are using from last season. i had a chance to see another old parallax jacket the other day, and the leather is almost 'crispy', i dont really know why (or if) anyone would say that the leather is good quality or nicely treated etc etc.

and yeah the crispy qualities of this leather mean the larger cut side of the jacket doesnt really drape at all.

details of the CM coat:

- it's made from a cotton/spandex twill with a cotton lining.

- material is waterproof, and can be either handwashed or dry cleaned

- zip closure with a couple of buttons at the top and bottom to conceal the zip

- high collar neckline, 2 front pockets and back flap

- ends a bit over 10cm above my knee (I'm 174cm in height)

CM received them yesterday. they only received one in each size, each of which had already been reserved. hopefully they will be receiving more by the end of the week, however cale mentioned that they would only be making a couple of pieces in each size this season for the entire collection.

I bought it in an S which would fit best on a 46, taking it to the tailor tomorrow to get it taken in. will post a waywt when I wear it (and have time to take a pic ;)).

D,

The coat looks nice. I definitely like the cleaner lines. How heavy is the construction? Is it Melbourne warm or Sydney warm? I will consider picking one up if they have any left, pending the return of my geller blazer.

You mentioned that you were having it tailored to fit better, what does it cost to have a coat like that tailored? I have had my eye on a Fifth Ave Shoe Repair parker for ages but they only have a large left – but if tailoring is a viable option I may just grab it.

whats your normal size? if youre typically a small, large ain't gonna work, brother.

i'm guessing all DJI is having altered is arm length or pit-to-pit or something simple like that.

and yeah, looks good DJI. too bad i'm broke.

yeah tailoring down from a large just isn't going to work well. to get a coat taken in along two back seams is usually about $50. for the CM coat I'm definitely having that done, may get the arm length shortened and the arms slimmed down a bit too. it's a fairly lightweight coat, however it is wind and waterproof and the cotton lining offers some warmth.

yo home you gotta tell me where you saw me man, curiosity is killing me haha.

ha, DJI, sorry - think we brushed shoulders at the CON thing. remember looking down at the time and thinking how the fuck can a 17-year-old afford such jawns? ha.

mad miscalculations.

can i cop the suede bomber in small? srsly cbf calling.

haha, I thought I looked kinda old for my age but what do I know :P.

I think I saw a couple of the suede bombers there on tuesday night, not sure what sizes they have though. you buying the leather jacket or the hooded coat Ivan? not sure if they have received any more of the coats yet, I'd put your name down for it if you definitely want it due to the small production runs.

took the coat to my tailor today, she is going to take it in a fair bit from the back (has to pick apart the sides because there isn't a centre back seam), slim down the arms and shorten them. all up it's gonna be $100, it's expensive to be slim :(.

melvin, i think its better to post that kind of stuff in here rather than yes/no (for us Aussies anyway). there is about 10 of us and we can sort of keep track of who owns what and what people go for. For example...you'd never catch me in henrik vibskov. EVER!

i still believe if you love something you should cop it. its good to ask for opinions but sometimes you'll receive "no" as its due to the persons own judgment. That's what i like about DJI...he doesnt just say "no its for gays and homos", he actually states why it is crap and its often due to quality issues.

haha yeah. i hardly ever post in any other threads tbh.. only in aus related ones. did one post on waywt but thats about it.

just saw ur new waywt damien, those ann d boots are truly my dream shoes. theyre so fucking nice.

copped the boots, will post fit pics when they arrive :D hopefully they fit alright on me.