australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

I found the one time I went into zambesi a bit awkward.. it was so vast I didn't know where to start looking. Then most of what I saw was women's.

After seeing those shots i'm really excited though... Also didn't know that they stocked RO!?

RO interview in VICE although I haven't had a chance to look yet.

yeah, I'm surprised dick was willing to waste his time with them, hipster don't be buying anything but cheap mondays and thrift store jawns.

good to see the spam bot was finally deleted, was some annoying shit.

i just got a phone call from DHL stating i owed GST and duty tax on my doc marten boots. i called them back and they said i had ordered 75 pairs of the boot and the duty was $2,300 dollars and the GST was about 2k also. :confused:

i asked them how big this box was as i only ordered one pair, i didnt order 75 pairs. He said the box was said to be 1kg. i said i found it odd that you guys rang as the item was under $1000. I sent them my email receipt so we'll see what happens.

Im pretty sure its all good.

75 pairs WTF.:P

its all sorted now, the DHL man emailed me back saying its all good.

i was worried someone sent over 75 pairs of boots.

Hey Tyro do you have any of your artwork online to look at? i can understand if you dont want people to see it.

ah i must have got confused. i thought you worked for a graphic agency, or a creative agency of some sort. in my mind that ment 'someone who does art and photoshop stuff'. i also thought you designed your signature snake so i assumed you were an arty person.

Tyro, do you have to undertake a design role before you can go into a producer role? This field interests me a lot as ive tried to get into a print role where i live but there isnt much available so im thinking of moving to the city next year. Not sure what avenue i wish to take though as the creative field is kind of huge.

An example of my work

n533021674_375230_4303.jpg

Graphic/Web Design roles are completely different to that of a communication role. It sounds like Tyro could be considered an 'Account Manager', someone who project manages an agency's projects. They then liase with the creative team.

As a graphic designer myself, It is mush better to be working next to an Account Manager who understands graphic design and visual communication, otherwise they can sometimes confuse projects and give clients a distorted view on what is right... In some cases they even pitch there own ideas and try and get their own ideas across and in most cases they such.. unless they were once a talented designer themselves.

not a fan of brogues tbh home, would prefer something cleaner.

a CON store in melbourne would be great, at least it might make tracking down those lame basics a bit easier :P. reminds me that I still need waxed jeans, the damn rise height on CON jeans crosses them off the list too...

haha, the slurpent is awesome for something made in paint T.

I take it you ordered from oki-ni wept? they managed to fuck up an order I made with them too...

yeah i ordered, its all fixed now, which is good.

how can someone muddle up 75 pounds with 75 pairs of shoes on the order form. The human race baffles me.

oh that fucking sucks. i used the BERRY code. took off about 10pounds which is better than a kick to the face. I so wish Blowfish would just sell me the julius leather that he copped off klangspiel last week. Its going to hit winter and ill shiver my ass off.

haha, +rep T.

they said either this afternoon or tomorrow morning Ivan. they had the sheep pelt vest in too, very nice and soft if anyone here thinks they can pull it off ;). also it seems they are only making the one mens leather jacket this season, as well as a leather shirt. the leather bomber will be a slimmer cut with ribbed cuffs, probably the same as the ones on the womens lookbook.