australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

no worries T icon14.gif.

I'd consider that coat as well if they have it in XS and it's as cheap as it was in Sydney, even though it isn't a particularly interesting design. neo neo in black rain or grey washes might also be worth looking at too if they're really cheap.

sucks about st jeromes, was a cool spot.

yo melvin you wear a 30 in the con neo neos right, how tight in the waist are they compared to the JR black tarnish I sold you? trying to work out if I need a 28 or 30 coz there probably won't be a chance to try them on at the sale.

also anyone ever tried the intro to space pants on? curious about the fit and fabric.

yeah jeromes was on its last legs though, went to go there the other week, and they didnt have power connected, and ddidnt have ice to keep beers cold.

New Town workers club is jeromes's new bar (old rob roy) on corner of gertrude and brunswick

sucks about st jeromes, was a cool spot.

yo melvin you wear a 30 in the con neo neos right, how tight in the waist are they compared to the JR black tarnish I sold you? trying to work out if I need a 28 or 30 coz there probably won't be a chance to try them on at the sale.

also anyone ever tried the intro to space pants on? curious about the fit and fabric.

you guys are waaayyyy too serious.. of course there will be a place to try stuff on.. just go there see what you like and buy..

I went to the milk shoppe gang shop today, i just briefly browsed their items, very friendly SA.

I was hoping to check their leather wear, but was told only next month they will be in store.

However, stylemelbourne have a review about the exhibition.

CoN sale. Feel tempted on some of the printed Ts...

soz just got back from uni (group meeting after class wtf. groupmates are keenbeans)

u would need a size 28 D esp if the JR jeans were too big for you but keep in mind the black oils are a smaller fit perhaps because of the material. I'm normally size 30 in any other CON jeans but i couldnt fit the black oil in (like not even close). with the JR pair i got from you, i needed a couple of hours of wear till i could button it all the way up but i knew i could fit it eventually. So yeah u might want to try the size before u cop..

intro to space trousers have the same material as the prism coat, really nice shiny coated material. dont know about the cut coz i didnt try it on but they look super duper skinny.

wept, i might be able to take a fit pic for you tomorrow if you still need :)

oh the coats are made in china btw.

haha too true home, still it's the thrill of the chase ;). can't remember melbourne ever having a decent sale...

thanks for the info again Melvin, would +rep you if I could. looks like I'll have to try them on to be sure of sizing. tbh I've never actually done the sufu stretch to fit into the jeans thing, I've always bought them so that I can just button them up.

bias towards local labels due to the focus of the website, so they're willing to overlook blatantly derivative design? or it might be straight out ignorance.

Good point, I think in this case it is arrogance. It is quite frustrating how they get praise for something so blatant.

That being said I will check out the sale and props cop a knit for the winter or somehting haha.

yeah, checked it out. apparently they opened the doors like an hour late. was pretty decent, lots of lame basics, and a fair selection of shoes (none all that nice, imo).

gareth was there - had a chat, nice bloke.

i merely copped a couple tees and vest. tempted by the intro to space pants, but i have the same trouser from a few seasons back, albeit a different material.

worth a visit.

it was shit for me tbh. yeah, they started over 1 hour late and I had the pleasure of waiting outside the whole time haha. I saw a few dudes that I thought might be some of you guys but wasn't game to approach them as I wasn't sure (good thing I didn't because it seems like none of you were there :P).

dudes I thought were there were:

- wept: asian dude was wearing a julius drape neck tee, but wasn't sure if you copped one yet.

- home: white dude with drkshdw tee under a button up shirt, wasn't sure it was you because I have no idea what you look like.

- pand: small asian dude in a white uniqlo tee (yeah I can distinguish uniqlo tees from other basic tees :o), shorts and white vans.

rest of the crowd were mainly hipsterish types, one dude was waiting outside with his mum lol.

anyway, what stock was there:

- selection of lame basics. lots of white viscose tees in size M, 1 in XL. lots of double front tees because no one wants that jawn. no tanks at all.

- lots of cubism jeans in a variety of washes, a few neoism pairs floating around. very few neo neos, none in black oil. there was a size 34 pair in grey but didn't really like the finish of the denim. saw the intro to space pants but didn't like the look of the material. few pairs of shorts, didn't really pay attention to them.

- plenty of print tees from s/s and a/w, also lots of placketism and bird in flight tees (because they don't look good on anyone). couple of tube scarf and double scarfs around too.

- parallax leather jacket and prism coat were there. wasn't really impressed with the construction of the prism coat and the material was quite light too.

- few pairs of shoes, nothing particularly nice. there was one pair of mono 2s from last aw that looked to be in my size, noticed them as some asian dude was trying them on :mad:. they also had a few pairs of the thalamus sunnies.

- no jewellery at all.

lol yeah, gareth was working at the counter when I was there, had a brief talk with him. in the end it was a complete bust for me though as I copped nothing :(.

it was shit for me tbh. yeah, they started over 1 hour late and I had the pleasure of waiting outside the whole time haha. I saw a few dudes that I thought might be some of you guys but wasn't game to approach them as I wasn't sure (good thing I didn't because it seems like none of you were there :P).

dudes I thought were there were:

- wept: asian dude was wearing a julius drape neck tee, but wasn't sure if you copped one yet.

- home: white dude with drkshdw tee under a button up shirt, wasn't sure it was you because I have no idea what you look like.

- pand: small asian dude in a white uniqlo tee (yeah I can distinguish uniqlo tees from other basic tees :o), shorts and white vans.

rest of the crowd were mainly hipsterish types, one dude was waiting outside with his mum lol.

anyway, what stock was there:

- selection of lame basics. lots of white viscose tees in size M, 1 in XL. lots of double front tees because no one wants that jawn. no tanks at all.

- lots of cubism jeans in a variety of washes, a few neoism pairs floating around. very few neo neos, none in black oil. there was a size 34 pair in grey but didn't really like the finish of the denim. saw the intro to space pants but didn't like the look of the material. few pairs of shorts, didn't really pay attention to them.

- plenty of print tees from s/s and a/w, also lots of placketism and bird in flight tees (because they don't look good on anyone). couple of tube scarf and double scarfs around too.

- parallax leather jacket and prism coat were there. wasn't really impressed with the construction of the prism coat and the material was quite light too.

- few pairs of shoes, nothing particularly nice. there was one pair of mono 2s from last aw that looked to be in my size, noticed them as some asian dude was trying them on :mad:. they also had a few pairs of the thalamus sunnies.

- no jewellery at all.

lol yeah, gareth was working at the counter when I was there, had a brief talk with him. in the end it was a complete bust for me though as I copped nothing :(.

wow this threak is craaaaazy!

hmm so i really have to rec the new Rip Van Winkle boots, wow! one of best pair of boots i have seen over here.. Mindtrive has them but not on webby yet, can't be bothered to find them online..

i'm going driving now.. going to be interesting