australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

who cares if you fat/thin/ethnic/short/tall etc. As long as your happy it doesn't matter.

Ive never understood how everyone compares their inner self to other peoples outer self. How can anyone win with that mindset.

*end rant*

as long as your kidding around its all good. i should take a leaf out of DJI's and your book and become fitter. I dont exercise at all atm but my weight stays the same due to watching what i eat (type 1 diabetic also).

advertising has made society believe you should be judged by the way you look... it's up to the individual to see through this.

Fashion can be shallow but I like to see it as a means of self-epression. I just wish more people would experiment without feeling they will be seen as 'different'.

Pandemonium has made Tyro believe you should be judged by the way you look... it's up to the individual to see through this.

Pandemonium can be shallow but I like to see it as a means of self-epression. I just wish more people would experiment without feeling they will be seen as 'different'.

10characters

the only thing more annoying that stereotypes and perceptions is people who think its cool do to something, yet in doing so they are re-enforcing that stereotype.

i cant think out of an example that wont make me sound extremely racist.

also DJI it looks like Klang sold the julius fw07 leather. oh well. you snooze you lose, but my bank account thanks me.

lulz, would rep you again if I could T :P

wept I'm not a fan of mohair either, shit is too itchy and difficult to take care of. afaik Julius, like other higher end brands, only produce the number of pieces that the stores order. most stores only order 1 in each size, with the flagstore receiving 2-3 pieces per size. I'm sure the leather jacket will turn up on Y! again sooner or later, I'll let you know if I see it icon14.gif.

checked out CM, only new piece was the cotton/wool hoodie you mentioned 50. talked to cale about the pieces coming, unfortunately they aren't producing the oversized knit sweater anymore. another disappointing thing was that the double lapel coat now only has the 1 lapel, which makes it pretty much the same as the CM coat I sold a while back.

got some more word on the hooded coat:

6.jpeg?w=340&h=510

they have removed the buttons to make it cleaner, cut it a bit longer and gave it a high collar. sounds like it will be really similar to the infamous bless hooded coat, always wanted one but it never turned up on here in black in the right size, will cop the CM one if it fits reasonably well.

hope you find the coat DJI. i recon the winter this year is going to be bone numbing so you'll prob need it. Speaking of 'finding things in your size' i think it would be impossible for you to buy items in any major retails (MYER, etc) due to you being a XS. I went shopping the other day in the major outlets and the selection is minimal and im a 36-37 inch chest. WTF!!

it seems XS and S isnt mainstream now days.

dude I had so much trouble when I had to start buying business clothes, tried on so many shirts, suits, etc. trying to find anything that fit me. I don't really like wearing shirts, slacks, etc. much at all so I didn't want to spend too much on them so getting tailored shirts was out of the question, and most of the better Japanese labels are quite expensive for their suiting and shirts. eventually found that jack london shirts fit me reasonably well, fairly cheap too ($90-$100 per shirt).

will most likely get the coat if it fits in the shoulders and I like the details, I have to get all my outerwear taken in anyway. cale said the coat should be included in this week's shipment so hopefully I'll get a chance to check it out in the next couple of days.

I was watching a black bless hood coat on Yoox for like 4 months, it was $500 US or round abouts... when I finally was in position to think about copping, someone else did :(

I think they are an SZer, so at least it went to a good home

may turn up on the markets here or there eventually T. I'll most likely buy the CM one , the quality of their outerwear has improved a lot in the past couple of seasons (cupra lining instead of polyester, better zips, etc.) and I don't have a heavy cotton twill coat atm.

50 the pieces they use in the shots are pre-production samples, they can always change the cuts or decide that a piece isn't going to be commercially viable. disappointed by the removal of the double lapels though, giving the jacket a miss now.

I dropped by kanga kanga this afternoon to see if they had vol. 2 of vogue hommes, they had only received 3 out of the 5 they ordered so I placed a preorder for one of the copies on the way (the 3 that were there were already reserved). very cool little store, hadn't got around to visiting it before but will definitely check it out more often in the future.

yeah kanga kanga is so great! but I havent been for ages. Is vogue hommes as awesome as everyone is making out?

I felt silly buying magazines for $20+ when I couldnt read them + downloading is usually fairy available.

vogue homme is probably the only japanese fashion mag I'd bother buying, great content and it's only produced twice a year anyway so it isn't too bad to fork out $25-$30 on it ;).

kk also had the spring special issue of non-no in, had a quick flip through it but it mostly just covered the high end european brands that are popular in Japan like dior, dg, burberry, lv, etc. (lulz at sean connery as the new face of lv).

should arrive mid this week home. didn't ask about the colours (only interested in the black personally haha), although CM's colour palette is limited to black, grey, olive, beige and creme. given that it's made from cotton gabardine I'd say it'll probably come in black and olive, and possibly beige/creme.

I asked cale about whether CM were making the coats in XS this season, they aren't however they are cutting the coats a lot slimmer this season after complaints about how loose the hooded linen coat was last season. for reference cale said he got fitted for one in size L, hopefully the S will be cut slim enough for me.

the smallest size they made in the double layer tees is an S, they're not tight on me (pit to pit is 45-46cm) however with a little bit of a twist through the body they fit me quite well. I don't like soft jersey tees to be tight anyway, they're meant to be drapey.

are the tigers playing? catch a hanshin game!!! balloons at the bottom of the seventh!!!

lol not quite.. mainly just chilled with a friend and her family..

i was spoilt, it was great.. will do again soon

anyone heading to Japan soon i rec you should defs go to Kanazawa..

so beautiful!

Ivan I'll let you know once it's came in mate icon14.gif.

checked out assin today, they have the lui hon and fernando frisoni collections in store. they only ordered a few frisoni pieces, however the ones I saw were quite nice. they had the bamboo/wool l/s tees which looked quite nice for $175, made in Australia too which is a plus. didn't bother trying it on though as I'm not looking for any more long sleeve tees atm.

the entire lui hon collection is unisex, assin had the knit trench, some wool leggings and a couple of other pieces. was tempted by the wool leggings as I'm in the market for some leggings/sweats however they only had size 1 and 4 left and I'd need a size 2. don't think I'll bother chasing them down though as I wasn't a big fan of the seam down the front of the legs. the only other piece assin is waiting on is the asymmetrical knit jacket, will cop if I like how it looks on me:

3348223849_c7acd628d2.jpg?v=0

dropped by marais as well, they won't be stocking fernando frisoni and have dropped frisoni finetti this season too.

thanks for the update D, did you have a chance to talk with lui about any of it?

that jacket interests me also... hmmm if you need a size 2, I'm guessing a size 4 is a 48 at best? I may be out of luck.

price points?

talked to him briefly yeah. there are only 2 other stockists in Melbourne, they are womens stores though. I needed a size 2 in the pants but not sure what the sizing is like on the other pieces, still worth checking out T. the knit trench coat was around $1200 and the wool leggings were about $500.