australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

haha, yeah sometimes he takes a little while to post items or reply to pms, it's understandable though seeing as he sells that many pieces. he's a top bloke btw, always a pleasure to deal with.

CM is making a killing off the sufu boys this season haha.

Just reading back a few pages, you guys were saying 'who am eye' is over priced for what it is..., i checked their care labels in store and all pieces are made in AUS, which explains alot! unlike alot of other "local" labels you talk of.

been made in Australia doesn't justify the price alone, the quality of the materials needs to be of a certain standard. my issue with the label wasn't the quality of the pieces themselves anyway...

for the record all CM pieces are made locally, as are most CON pieces (tees, denim, jewellery, etc.).

it isn't a primary deciding factor for me either, the cut and fabric are obviously the most important considerations. the quality of the manufacturing can vary quite a bit depending on where it's made though, that and there's something special about pieces that have been made in italy, belgium, france, japan, etc. haha

haha, its not the deciding factor to me either, just thought id mention it because you guys couldn't understand why their prices are so high. In my opinion their price points are on par with CON and CM, taking into account the cut and fabric.

haha, its not the deciding factor to me either, just thought id mention it because you guys couldn't understand why their prices are so high. In my opinion their price points are on par with CON and CM, taking into account the cut and fabric.

I get it, but handling and owning CM and CON pieces as opposed to who am eye, they just don't seem on the same level in regards to fabric especially. The construction is really solid but as I said i'm not sold on the fabric choices....

I will head to all of the above and suss the new season stock to see what the Winter stuff is like regardless...

haha, was this you melvin7?

hahaha oh god thats embarrassing :P

i was so surprised that they kept that message coz that was AT LEAST like 2-3 years ago now when pitbull havent even started stocking CON.. i think i bought a CM tee or something like that.. i really cant remember (bought too much shit from them)

but chontelle and team always give good service so i guess giving them a positive feedback doesn't hurt. and obviously its important to them LOL.

haven't really been on their site lately though.. im losing interest from the brands that they're stocking.. except for CM of course.

speaking of WhoAmEye.. wore my bomber jacket today and took a WAYWT pic.. looks shit though so i dunno if i can be bothered to post it hah

haha, thought it might have been you man. thought they would have asked your permission before using it but whatever, chontelle and the crew are always friendly and happy to help so I'm sure putting in a good word for them is appreciated.

might as well post the wawyt mel, my 2nd waywt pic wearing the coat was kinda wack but couldn't be bothered taking it again :P. more waywt posts from local sufu members is always good, get snapping 50 ;).

yeah i guess theres no harm done for posting it ;p

actually, i'm interested on what you guys think of my first waywt post that i did a couple of months ago. The pants that im wearing in that pic is one of the pieces from my label that im working on atm (looking to launch it by next winter).

here's the link:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1660652#post1660652

designing the damn collection is taking longer that i have expected.. spent these 2-3 months just getting the jacket right. Should have the final sample for it within the next 2 weeks though :)

i've spoken to D and James about it but im also curious to hear what you guys think. i'll def post more pieces up soon.

edit: pants is made out of coated denim

img7977bfz2.jpg

I dig man... even though my bottoms are mainly just skinny black CM's i'm becoming more open to a looser drop-crotch alternative. The taper down to the ankle area looks nice with an interesting gathering effect going on...

Would be good to see closer up of the material but looks solid. One thing I get a bit scared about it weird shaped silhouettes around the hip area due to ill fitting pants... and when there's loose material involved I get a bit scared. Yours seem to fall nicely, though.

nice one melv they look aiiight... the outfit isn't particularly awe inspiring but much much better than a lot that get posted on here.. Please don't take that the wrong way. It's a little difficult to see as well..

tell us more about your label. Always love to hear about this kinda stuff:)

yeh i see what u mean 50 with the weird silhouettes, i get that alot with my trackpants/anything with drawstrings. Im still unsure whether to use hook&eye or a normal button for the pants atm.

ivan, label is called "Song for the Mute" - and no i did not take it from queen of the stone age! i found out about their album name after ive made my logo, stationaries and everything lol :(

hehe yeah J no worries. I think you will find the jacket a lot more interesting as it will be one of those pieces that will really define our brand's aesthetic.

the label is a collaboration with a good friend of mine who studied fashion @ WhiteHouse design in syd, she won the scholarship and got sent to Italy last year.. worked under few big names while she was abroad. So pretty much she's the head designer for the brand and I take care of the branding, directions, etc (i'm a graphic designer).

haha, yeah the chicken pieces and tenderloins are where it's at :D

I already talked to you briefly about your work melvin, however I just wanted to say again that I think the pants came out very well. as 50 mentioned those sort of pants have a tendency to flair out around the hips making them look like MC hammer pants (eg. I didn't pull the trigger on the DD sweats even at 60% off because of that issue). I think the main cause of the flairing in other pants is due to a lot of padding in the pocket area and due to the nature of the fabric they are made from, because yours are a more rigid denim the silhotte still looks sharp.