australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

srsly:

i need to kop some black leather sneaks and tan leather shoes - pronto.

don't want cons, don't want roccos.

where to scope? what to get?

i can't find shit online, and my mind can't think of anything good local (at decent price point).

halp?

suggestions = +rep.

thanks for the recommendations saepnirg and tyro :D. I'll give coffea at vic market a try sometime. lulz @ coffee supreme, there seems to be a few retailers listed for the inner suburbs so I'll give them a try when I can.

what sort of style and silhouette are you looking for home?

not really fussed on account that i can't be fussy.

slim, mid-top for the black leather sneaks. don't think i wan to rock cons, springcourts, common projects (speaking of which do they have any black 42s on sale at CM? never bothered to check..), etc.

leather-soled low/mid for the tan shooz. don't really know what i'm looking for. you saw the brogues.

i don't even know where to look. fat have fuck all, as do.. where else? fuck GP.

not really fussed on account that i can't be fussy.

slim, mid-top for the black leather sneaks. don't think i wan to rock cons, springcourts, common projects (speaking of which do they have any black 42s on sale at CM? never bothered to check..), etc.

leather-soled low/mid for the tan shooz. don't really know what i'm looking for. you saw the brogues.

i don't even know where to look. fat have fuck all, as do.. where else? fuck GP.

maybe something online from grenson and the like?

apc's leather derbies this season look on point but the brown is a significantly darker shade than tan.

I'll give them a shot T, thanks for recommending them icon14.gif.

other than the stores T mentioned maybe you could try platypus and glue (lol)? don't think CM would have any ceepees left in a 42 as it's a popular size.

my daily beaters are spring court white canvas g2 lows, look pretty good now that they have been beat up a fair bit. I've started wearing my white achilles lows more often too, fuck babying them I'm just gonna wear them.

yeh back when i used to collect sneaks they were usually not that soft.. I only found two pairs that were this soft.... they are calf leather... i didn't buy the other pair because the coulours were ugly.. meant to imitate a leather basketball

I wear my CON shooz (mono1 and the white neo low top i just got from the sale), Y3 hightop and my cp achilles low black patent..

i just rotate between these 4 depending on what im wearing.

imo CP achilles midtop would be great for you home but itll be hard to get one locally esp in that size :/

haha Who Am Eye was the one got me into the aus local label scene :S

I've got a few of their printed tees and bomber jacket from their first collection. I remember reading somewhere that they only do 100 pieces for each design. Not too sure if they still do that though (highly doubt it).

Haven't bought anything from them since... the construction on my jacket is not bad though.

home I know you don't want go into GP but I think they may have half sizes in chucks ;), they have the monochromatic hi's and low's too. CP midtops definitely seem to be right up your alley, CM will be receiving new stock of them in the next few weeks.

who am eye kinda falls into the same category as trimapee for me, trend hopping "dark" themed brand. last winter they were very emo/scene inspired with their pieces, this year they are on the goth ninja trip.

CM's phone number is (03) 9654 9844 Ivan.

mm interesting D

ive also noticed how most aus brands look so similar with their current collection (kornerd, trimapee, whoameye in particular).

theyre all leaning to that dark edgy 'CON' look aka goth ninja

look at kornerd's new lookbook on ft's blog.. lawl

this prob isnt the best place to ask but does anyone have any experience with dying an item. I have found a pair of julius shorts/pants on Y! auctions but they are a greenish olive color. i want it in black. doable?

there composition is 45% cotton 44% rayon and 11% stainless steel.

its probably more trouble that its worth but i get the feeling these will go cheap. i dont know if im sold on the look of these but i thought id ask.

gksws971-img450x600-1238298603ohgy4013676.jpg