australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

i just signed up to SZ the other day..

my username on there is "klue".. i shouldve just used melvin7 but i was having one of those moments where u just fill out your dets without thinking hah.

talking about CON, just saw the pics on VG.. i wonder if anyone would actually cop "dark side of the moon" coat.. it looks like ur just wearing a piece of rug with a funky collar... the only jacket/coat i would consider copping is the cocoon.

white is dope. but black is also nice. both work well.

btw tyro i received my white docs last week and they are a bitch to break in. a total bitch. leather is like plastic. its softening up now. i thought you should know considering you were thinking about buying a pair.

yeah, copped black because I have been wearing white/white AF1s a lot. Boots are next on the list.

The black monochrome docs are tempting (if I can find them) - I think pretty much all docs take a solid beating to get them to that good stage.

Maybe I will hold out for something a bit edgier... dont know.

465x600-k866-ya1.jpg

these are on my envy list. not everyones style but i think im tall enough to pull it off (179cm). too rich for my blood atm. btw there ann d's. so fucking nice.

Tyro, if you start saving im sure you'll see some nice shoes/boots in the future and cop them straight away.

im not sure tyro as im not highly familiar with Anns stuff, but id say they are the riding boots. She is prob my second fav designer with julius being the first. Her stuff (especially her footwear) i just love.

There were a pair like that on ebay about a week ago in a size 40-41. They were black suede and looked amazing. LINK

assins retail would be insane.

im more than happy for someone else to buy retail and then i cop second hand. its kinda like buying a new car, as soon as you drive it off the lot you will never get retail for it. Then the stingy people like me buy it second hand and rock it for years.

i have wanted some riding boots for so long now. Tried on the Buttero B2310 version but wasn't too pleased with the result.. They were very slim in the leg which i liked though.. hmmm not sure why i wasn't in love..

maybe will cop later..

i like the current attachment leather boots.. not quite as long but still very nice...

http://www.mindtrive.com/item/2377_att_sho.php

the wercism is on pitbull, 50.. only one left is a medium though

i have it in the navy, tends to get a bit itchy but it is nice... picked it up at swt for $120 on sale last year

Thanks for the info... what is the sizing like on yours? I'm 6'4" and fairly skinny... would a medium still be slim/slight oversize??

I was thinking of pulling the pin at pitbull but would prefer to try on b4 I buy....

haha, lucky tall bastards. good pick up T icon14.gif, I know you've been looking for that jawn for a while now.

those are nice boots J, I hope you cope some while you're there mate ;). wept I'd try those boots on in person before really considering them, boots that tall have a tendency to make even runway models look short...

mel that cocoon coat is my favourite piece from the current collection too, don't like it enough to drop cash on it without trying it on first though (or pay retail on it for that matter). agree that the con "suit" is ridiculous. 50 that knit runs quite oversized and long so you may be able to size down.

Ivan faust doesn't allow people to sell other people's items on SZ, and besides I think you have more chance of selling gellar on here anyway.

miserable weather in Melbourne today, I don't mind the cold but the wet is crap (kinda tempted to get beater boots for the rain...). storms delayed my train by an hour, bloody connex :mad:.

seems Julius is becoming more recognised here in Melbourne. yesterday the sa at chiodo asked me whether my bag was Julius, and today some random asian dude stopped me in the CBD to tell me that he liked my hoodie and asked whether it was Julius haha.

oh yeah, and I stopped by cose ipanema this afternoon and they will be stocking VA :eek:. apparently it's a small buy from the current S/S collection and they don't have a confirmed date, however the SA did say that they bought sizes with guys of my size in consideration haha.

haha, that's exactly what happened with the ann d fw08 boots. tried them on, loved them, then had a $1K+ hole in the pocket....

yeah, Ipanema stocks dolce, dries and the a few other men's designers. I commented that it seemed like something of an odd choice for them and that I thought it would be more suited to a store like assin, the SA said that it was an interesting commentary and that they stocked a variety of labels haha.

Although I havnt handled any pieces yet, based on the looks on VG don't know if I'm entirely sold on the new AW CON collection. I mean when the lookbook shots surfaced, you couldnt really see the garments, the details etc and I was really eager check it out. But now that VG has posted their 'looks' on how to wear some pieces, nothing really grabs me (yet). I've always been a CON shoes fan, maybe its just leading towards that way now only. I don't know, have to handle the pieces. Visiting BT today so hopefully he's got it in.

BTW need to cop some BBS, it is actually insane.

haha, that's exactly what happened with the ann d fw08 boots. tried them on, loved them, then had a $1K+ hole in the pocket....

i feel guilty spending that amount on clothes considering my job doesn't pay alot (hospitality), and i should be saving for a new car as mine looks like something from a destruction derby. i figure if you want it now and then you still want it that bad in 3-5 months then its worth getting as its lasted the distance and wasnt just an impulse buy.