australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

haha..

yeh D! estalks.. but i don't mind. All for the love of jawnz.. speaking of which when does this rudd check come through... i want some cash!

lol

do you have to apply for it? I have no idea as i have been over here for so long

haha, "if the colour isn't listed chances are it's black"

kevs free money either gets deposited into your bank account or as a cheque in the mail, depends how you received your tax return last year. "First payments arrive in bank accounts on Wednesday 8 April 2009 and in letter boxes on Thursday 9 April 2009. Payments will be made progressively through to 16 May 2009. Please be patient, we will pay you automatically if you are eligible.". hope I'm in the first lot, purchased too much lately haha.

lulz T :P, +rep

yeah J, if you put in your tax before the end of june then you'll still get it.

are you planning to head to Japan at a similar time wept? sufu melbourne meet up in tokyo sounds good haha.

i have never been overseas and i feel i need to do so. i dont want to go into the nitty gritty but i suffer depression and feel i need to get out and expand my mind by meeting new people and seeing new things. I just feel trapped.

im really down atm and i cant seem to shake it as there is nothing in the future im looking forward to. i think going overseas will help in someway.

hey guys,

i am moving to melbourne early next year and want to start uni down there. so i was wondering what are the best uni's/colleges are for studying art?

replies much appreciated

benno

pmed you wept :)

mrip I've lived in melbourne all my life and afaik departures and arrivals doesn't actually exist, sorry to disappoint man.

ben melbourne uni has the best rep for arts in melbourne, but as wept said it depend what field you're interested in.

The important information: Melbourne uni has prestiege etc, plus it's the closest thing you'll get to a US style university. it's fairly conservative and in a good location.

Rmit has cool hipsters as well as los of wanna be hipsters. It's in the CBD so transport and amenities are sorted.

Swinburn has hipsters too. Glenferrie or prahran are both ok areas.

Caufield - I don't even know where the fuck this is?

Monash is a pretty well rounded place, but you in a shit location.

Vic uni - is this the one in footscray?

Deakin - it's like a wartered down monash.

i did my bachelor of arts in multimedia at rmit... fashion/multimedia/3ds/sound main building is at carlton, beside draculas. graphic design/advertising is at swanston i reckon.

most of the lecturers i had was part timers and they are all still working in the creative industries.

i believe most of the softwares and computers @ rmit are constantly updated to the latest. so definitely a good thing.

i have heard from 2 of my friends from melb u, one in engineering and another in architecture. apparently, their lecturers always stress that rmit students are much favorable in the australian creative industry because melbourne u are heavily invested in theories whilst rmit are more industrially driven.

however, melb u are more internationally recognized, but definitely in medicine and arts in philosophy etc.

i wanna go to melb this year if possible. havent been there for ages.. last time i was there was like 2003-2004.. and that was for a cs comp LOL

anyways... just an updates on the ann d boots.. cobbler cant do anything to it :( and ive tried wearing them around the house - seriously stops my blood circulation. so ill have to sell it ... i did a waywt before i went to uni but i took them off after 5 mins

went to melbourne about 3 weeks ago got bored quite easily. Can check out all the major (ie. assin, CM, EM etc etc) stores in a day or so. Depends what your heading there for? If its shopping, pretty sure you'd be able to source most of it in sydney melv. Unless you want some CCP or something? Come to perth instead ;)

^. ^hahah

i don't know what you mean, took me three days to get around Melbourne.

Your forgetting Nom *d, Mjolk, etc etc

There are so many places in Melbourne and i didn't even make it to Eastern Market. Some how i didn't know that place existed at the time.. not sure how i missed it.. but anyway