australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

that's disappointing to hear fen, were they jersey basics or ribbed? all the _7 lame basics I've owned have held up really well, the less said about CON the better though...

random question but what are people's thoughts on these watches:

s_scvs013a.jpg

DSC_0082s.jpg

sick of using my phone for the time, so figured that an inexpensive but high quality japanese mechanical seiko would be a good choice but not sure which model to go for. perhaps the model with the metal bracelet as it'd be more durable and work better with casual jawns?

I like the latter better D, metal bracelets are more versatile, wouldn't wear leather straps during some activities.

anyhoo you own any _7 ribbed lame basics? the blood one I have from this season stretched out, I've since handwashed it and dried it flat but have yet to try it on. its a shame to hear about the RO and DD basics though...

yeah that's why I was leaning towards the one with the metal bracelet, wanted something with an elegant design that'd still look good with a suit unlike diving watches and such.

I have the julius ribbed basics from this season, and did own the ones from last FW as well. any ribbed basics will stretch after wear, however they always shrunk back after washing. the cotton ribbed basics are holding up better than the cotton/cashmere ones from last F/W as they don't fuzz.

I like the latter better D, metal bracelets are more versatile, wouldn't wear leather straps during some activities.

anyhoo you own any _7 ribbed lame basics? the blood one I have from this season stretched out, I've since handwashed it and dried it flat but have yet to try it on. its a shame to hear about the RO and DD basics though...

Hey Nick, how are you liking the double layer? Hope it fits you well.

yeah pretty much across the board automatic wise. face size is a modest 38mm. still, i'd try that shit on first.

a couple of watches I had a while back had the same size face, they certainly aren't as overwhelming as the 44mm monsters and anything smaller than 36mm tends to look a bit dainty for a guy imo. unfortunately I can't try on the watch as it's a japan only model, my old man has an aqua terra mid size which has slightly larger dimensions and it doesn't exactly look huge on me.

Hey Nick, how are you liking the double layer? Hope it fits you well.

Hey Benny thanks a lot for the double layer, it fits me well in the chest and shoulders and is pretty loose elsewhere, makes for a good wear where I am at the moment.

D, own any of the _7 cotton jersey l/s? The one I have is rolling back on the ends of the sleeves and hem. Is that normal?

Yeah RO basics are really delicate. The tag basically says do not wash

dd basics as well.. i did dry clean for quite awhile but can't be bothered after that.... : \

that's disappointing to hear fen, were they jersey basics or ribbed? all the _7 lame basics I've owned have held up really well, the less said about CON the better though...

ribbed. feel like kopping some _7 basics.. but i think most webstore probably sold out.. : \

also, been looking out for some volga volga pieces.. i think they are really well made.

wow. just noticed some _7 ss10 stuff already in some webstore??

http://www.oneness-article.com/men14.htm

I don't own any of those N, although as they have raw hems they'll always roll back like that. you need to wash your jawns to "reset" the shape...

any particular pieces you're interested in fen, I can keep an eye out for you if you like. ah ss10, the season of no _7 purchases for me... (except maybe some of the 7th morning special items, there are still another 4 unrevealed sets of items.)

the watch with a metal band also comes with a white face, not sure if it's too plain though:

SARB035.jpg

new ann sneakers look terrible:

01.jpg

02.jpg

any particular pieces you're interested in fen, I can keep an eye out for you if you like. ah ss10, the season of no _7 purchases for me... (except maybe some of the 7th morning special items, there are still another 4 unrevealed sets of items.)

new ann sneakers look terrible:

thanks! but nothing much except maybe basics ts... haven't seen any items i really wanna kop.

yeah, the new ann sneakers... i personally dont like it.

D I think that white watch above is a tad plain, personally I always prefer black faces on watches. I quite like the Steinhart Ocean 1, it's a homage to the submariner but isn't like a cheap copy, it's Swiss made with Swiss automatic movement.

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index.php?id=67&artnr=14&Sel_ID=9#14

I think it's a good buy since I can't afford a submariner haha.

Yeah definately not liking the patent leather on the new Ann Dem sneakers, so glad I bought your triple buckles Fen :D

out of luck fen, all the l/s tees are sold out in size 2. I don't check Y for _7 much/at all anymore either as there isn't anything I want...

raw I've always liked submariner/diver watches too but they don't work for formal occasions, unless you're 007 of course in which case I'll take a seamaster chronometer lulz. I prefer the black face too, particularly with a metal bracelet. can't really have more than one automatic watch as the power reserve only lasts 2 days without wear at most, hence why I want a watch that can be dressed up or down:

SARB033_1.jpg

out of luck fen, all the l/s tees are sold out in size 2. I don't check Y for _7 much/at all anymore either as there isn't anything I want...

raw I've always liked submariner/diver watches too but they don't work for formal occasions, unless you're 007 of course in which case I'll take a seamaster chronometer lulz. I prefer the black face too, particularly with a metal bracelet. can't really have more than one automatic watch as the power reserve only lasts 2 days without wear at most, hence why I want a watch that can be dressed up or down:

Yeah I think nice watches look best with a shirt and rolled up sleeves. Kinda dressy and casual looking. I usually just use my mobile to check the time aswell :D. I just have this Wired watch by Tomoki Sukezane, the one on the left, coz it was cheap and I liked the design.

tomoki-sukezane-wired-watch.jpg

besides the new moto leather I doubt I'll be picking anything up, lots of reiterations and slight twists to what we've seen over the past year or so all over the place, like the blazer, twist denim, l/s... I wonder what kind of fabric they're coming in this time though... id heart doesn't say does it?

Edit: Oh it does.

damn, I was hoping I get more l/s towards the end of the year, I guess I'll be checking YJA or even the classifieds more often.

yeah but the problem is I don't particularly like any of the iterations of the items this season. fabrics are cotton, cotton/silk, and silk/rayon rib and jersey, as well as "combination jersey" whatever that is. guess I'll be waiting till at least FW10 before picking up any more yurius pieces...

I still feel the same way after seeing the individual pieces. I like it that horikawa is pushing the limits with the line, however that said nothing in the collection is really for me. the only piece I'd buy myself would be the moto if it would fit me the way I wanted, that said it wouldn't be my first choice for moto leathers (that easily goes to the FW06 rider).

very interested to see where horikawa takes the label for FW10, SS10 was a reasonable departure from his past collections so I hope they continue to do change things up next season (just hopefully there'll be more pieces that I like for myself :o).