australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

nice, they look well constructed.. asho really got the skills.

did he do it for free and offer you any sort of alternative designs? i personally not fond of of direct replicas of something. : \ although augusta itself.. well. : \

still looking for mandals... passed the earlier augusta because of ccp koppage.. : \ not really priority in my buy list.. also i finally saw the augusta sneakers, they look really really comfy.. great to hear you are getting them adam! who else kopped the sneaks?

Haha, not for free. But yeah, a good price. I could have really gone for any design I suppose, but the augustas really piqued my interest in sandals so I went with that design. There are subtle differences though, if you look at the sole design it is distinctly different, as is the removeable strap.

To be honest though, how originial could you truly be with sandals without them looking like shit?

The only other design I like are the MMM ones that jcot posted on SZ. If I dig these sandals and wear them enough I will probably have something similar to that made as well.

And if they don't fall apart I will no doubt look at commissioning him to do a pair of derbies; like you said, he got the skills.

But to be honest though, how originial could you truly be with sandals without them looking like shit?

How about, just buy the originals like the augustas (since you like em)? :P or just wait for some alternatives and original that you will like?

Anyway, not disregarding asho, you are his client, so i guess he just made what you want.

That was the problem, Augustas were no where to be found (until I started this process, and since then 3 have appeared...), and waiting for a good pair of new sandals could take a life time. And like I said, there are differences between the two, and design features I could not get with the originals.

CM! only think of kopping shirts from there thats all.

i just received a picture of me from EM taken by lucy.. i am wearing head to toe paul harnden steez.. haha. love the shirts and coats.. : \

phfit.jpg

fenrost confirmed! PH stuff was nice, I tried on a couple of things too. EM's love for their merchandise is infectious to say the least and myself and raw selvedge had a fun time there.

anyway what's up australia? won't be back in sydney till after christmas. been eating up a storm. eat out at this 80+ year old chinese coffeeshop that makes their own kaya daily and sells a cup for about AUD 1.15.

haha it's rape price for me though, i've rationed mine since i got mine in singapore for < 10 bucks just so i don't have to pay for it here. oh yeah, and gatsby stuff is also available in city mart, at the corner or elizabeth and victoria. think it's a bit cheaper from memory but not sure if they have moving rubber.

mono was really really really good :) interesting crowd too, couple of old (like grey hair old) people for what is a fucking loud band.

yeah it was funny lotek I saw your kind of usual alternatives plus older people and a handful of metal types. when played yearning I was in a trance state.

There was a large number of couples too but at least this time people weren't talking at the top of their lungs throughout the show like in '07. Oh man I was so high I can't even remember the playlist that clearly, but the one where Takaakira (skinny as FUCK guitarist on the right) spent the last 5 mins of the song on his knees manipulating the feedback to endless crescendos was a religious experience.

hey guys, I hope one of you could help me out. I want to purchase a watch. and the think is, do i have to declare that the watch is over $1000? if so, does it mean i need to pay the taxes? what i do not understand is,

a. A friend of mine told me you dont have to since that watch is for personal use and you dont have to pay the tax

b. Just my own thought, if i were to pay the tax, can i claim the tax refund at airport in two weeks time?

thanks for the help guys!