australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Will definitely bring it in. I've had a lot of suits, blazers and coats over the past two years (Lanvin, Prorsum, Cloak, Raf, Dior), but I keep my wardrobe pretty minimal these days. I'd consider getting a Taralis suit, depending of fit/fabric/style, but I'd sell my current black Dior suit to buy it.

Jbone, it was an eBay joint =) Good pieces are rare on eBay, Y!JP has the bulk of the good bits, but the prices are out of joint. 80k upward for a blazer, 100k upward for a suit - years old, even in the medium/larger sizes that are in less demand.

bt will u be posting photos on your site of the shows you visit

will be keen to see the NAT pics, especially the coat&suit

Full pics of all viewings and shows, interviews and exclusive pieces for Never End will be available.

All on a new website with much richer content.

and from all them you've only got the dior left?

Yep. The "Classic" in black wool - two button, notch lapel, regular length. Here's a grey one that is a good representation:

PE04-DIORHOMME-21_BIG.jpg

Horse hair full canvas, hand finished pick stitching... The quality of the collections has been all over the place these last few years, but the suiting has been consistently good. I picked this one to stay with because the proportions are conservative enough for any occasion, but the cut is just sharp enough.

95089_1.jpg

This is the other model suit that Dior re-releases every collection, a carry-over from 2004. Short length, one button, peak lapel. Short length jackets are a little played out now, and having 1/2 your ass hanging out isn't always appropriately attire, but I've always got my eye out for one going cheap.

I'm definitely no authority, dudes like Fuuma and other StyleForum frequenters have got a lot more knowledge than me... But I reckon you're onto a good thing with NAT. His standard suit is good; one button with a low button stance, clean notch lapel with sharp proportions, but not too fashiony - which is what you want for it to double for daytime, dinners and deaths.

01.jpg

04.jpg

NAT is organising me more suits for FW0910 but im waiting to hear from them.

Will speak to them further in Paris.

Your dead on the grey suit, i think i could make it work. But i believe i need a strong full black suit before a grey one, clearly.

heh, I think the colour was only part of the womens range but I remember it popping up once.

no one know where I can cop black and milk medium banded RO ribbed tees in XS? :o

just bought one this sat. in a S. they fit ultra small, the ones I own are all M or S. The small fits like a tight XXS, and i'm not big to begin with

That being said, you forgot one seasonal color on your Rick list, the color that the ribbed l/s i got is marked as Ivory (basically a very pure white)

wtf bt last time I saw your post count it was like 990... $%#! you went to town last night. well done on 1000.

suits suits suits... they are so hard to find the perfect fit. My Filippa K serves me well, I don't wear one enough to bother so much.

p.s. I'm very against buttonholes on lapels.

I only have one suit as i dont wear them at all besides for special occasions like weddings etc.

I've got a 2 button Armani... its not the greatest but it fits slim and good enough for now. Any comments on Prada suits JV? While I was overseas earlier this year I tried one and it fits beaaautifully. I dont know much about suits though :o

Any comments on Prada suits JV?

I believe they have two suiting lines, a cheaper line with fused construction ~$1500 USD retail, and their top end (canvassed construction) which retails ~$2000 USD, which are well regarded as far as designer suits go.

suits suits suits... they are so hard to find the perfect fit. My Filippa K serves me well, I don't wear one enough to bother so much.

p.s. I'm very against buttonholes on lapels.

Filippa K, Acne, J. Lindeberg and the other Swedish labels do a good job of providing a sharp cut at a good quality / price ratio, if you find something that works, stick with it =) Buttonholes are just a tradition, where else are you going to put your boutonniere? =) Ann Demuelemeester is one of the few designers who regularly incorporates the corresponding button for the hole, and I think the high-buttoned look works for her.

41113068_2.jpg