australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

So what's next on the horizon Bt? Now that you're not waiting for you white RO, or to reach 1000 posts what are you going to do?

Paris in a week, i still have some gloves arriving from sistersuzie though :o

^ prepare for paris.. i'm jealous of your life bt..

..also, any word on exact dates of the opening in aug?

Jealous of 86 hour weeks and more stress then i should be able to handle, heh.

Late August.The new stock will be put online but the physical store needs a lot of work and time put into it.

Ah right, don't really remember much besides how well it fits on me but from memory - the price on the suit that i tried were much higher than that.. but then again i tried it in singapore with insane markups!

Havent had the chance to try on Dior, Raf, etc. I remember seeing one of your raf suit fit pic and they look v sharp.

what do you mean about canvassed construction jv? are you talking interfacing?

Yeah, it's the difference between having that interface fixed to the wool, or a floating layer between the wool and the lining, and accordingly, the difference between synthetic and natural fibers.

The floating layer is more traditional, fused isn't necessarily bad, it's easier to produce, but has a tendency to reduce the life of the suit. Be it through movement or dry cleaning, you can get pulling and bubbling on the surface of the suit.

It's kind of like a selvedge on denim. Lacking it doesn't necessarily make the jeans any less functional or worse looking, but its the short cuts in workmanship / attention to detail that are indicative of an inferior product. We justify value based on longevity, but its a bit of a red herring, because the likelihood is fashion/style will outmode the item before it is outworn.

suits suits suits... they are so hard to find the perfect fit. My Filippa K serves me well, I don't wear one enough to bother so much.

Did u get the suit from the most recent collection? I really love that suit.

David jones has the suit jacket in navy for 350 (down from 750). But tbh i dont really think a suit is high on my need-to-cop list.

Did u get the suit from the most recent collection? I really love that suit.

David jones has the suit jacket in navy for 350 (down from 750). But tbh i dont really think a suit is high on my need-to-cop list.

I paired the christian cool jacket with simon cool slacks, from aw08.

I love how minimal it is, exactly what I wanted. And the material is quite nice for the price.

beautifully soft and light lambskin, slight sheen to it but not overly shiny like it appears in the pic. rest is standard RO fare (lux lining, lampo h/w, etc.), seems I'm not destined to wear rick unless I put on 5-10 kgs though :o.

heh, then my other jawns won't fit ;). isn't that easy for me to put on weight anyway, even when I was hitting gym a few times a week last year I still only managed to put on 2-3kgs (disappeared as soon as I didn't have time to go either haha). ditto with just putting on flab, 3 months of office work with next to no exercise = zero weight change :o.

I'll be really bummed if the obscur leather doesn't fit me too :(.

too big for the style imo mel, p2p is maybe 2cm bigger than the jut but because it's thinner and softer leather the fit just looks bad. shoulders are too wide too, unlike in every fit pic I've seen of this jacket where the shoulder seem sits above the natural shoulder line it actually drops on me...