australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

wow tempted to sell all my old random clothes/shoes and pawn some stuff and put it towards a rick leather....hmmm.

ive got the swesson too ivan and theyre really comfortable but theyre pretty thin so you couldnt replace them for a pair denims if thats what your after.

i got mine for $135 :D

actually 50 the moto collar is cut slightly longer than rick's jacket, it's such a classic design so definitely go for the moto if you decide to pick up one. cop if you can man, you won't need another S/S leather ever. can't wait for mine :o.

thanks for the info D, I like the extended neck on the 'rick's jacket' version... is there a cross between these two designs haha? that being said I really need the extra length.

OK OK I give up. I want a s/s rick's jacket too. Where to cop?

edit: TTT. dick! where from? And I'm not looking for a jeans replacement, just a pant alternative, and something to bum around in.

lulz, soon everyone on here will be rocking either obscur/RO jackets.

Ivans got mine at subway dc (actually working as a SA there so got them 25% off, not my preferred place but pays the bills, and able to cop cheap CON and CM which is ok i guess) :D

I tried on the large in Rick's Jacket and the length was good - though the jacket as a whole was too big for me. The other thing that I noticed, due to the thin s/s leather, was that the fact it was too big for me was more pronounced as the leather would not really bunch and instead overlap itself where there was excess (if that makes sense).

TTT put it towards yurius leather if you want something for autumn-spring ;).

Ivan just steal it from assin, you could easily grab it and burst through the window onto oxford st :P. seriously though I think most of the places that had strutter stock on sale have sold out in your size, you'll just have to watch the auction sites and classifieds unfortunately. what size you need anyway man, did you try on the M at assin yet? you would have different issues if it were a F/W leather, because they are thicker and stiffer on rick jackets it would result in a boxy fit if not sized properly icon13.gif.

no worries 50. there is the tri-snap style that 7 is selling as well as the new standing collar style that both have the signature paneling like the moto collar, however they're only produced for the F/W collections. imo rick's s/s leather is so much nicer, think you should just go for the moto man ;).

edit: lol, 800 pages :eek:

that standing collar design is probably my 2nd favourite RO design ever (after the moto of course heh), got nothing on the jut neck though ;). the leather looks overly shiny in the pics on LVR, some better ones here. it's a blistered lamb leather, but yeah imo F/W rick leathers kinda suck...

btw I bought the damir leggings for something other than jeans just to bum around in but didn't really end up wearing them...

TTT put it towards yurius leather if you want something for autumn-spring ;).

Yea although im not sure if a yurius would fit me (or if I'd be able to find one that would). I'm a sz3 or sz4 depending on style. With rick I'd probably have more chance in finding my size. And the gradient funnel neck leather is kind of growing on me hey (best of both worlds i.e. white and black :D)

I'll first need to find the cash before I make any decisions.

heh, I think you might change your mind on the gradient leather after handling it (seriously feels like some AA nylon shit). also don't forget this ;):

thumbnail-210753-mpg.jpg

bt detail pics of blistered white leather plz, bust out the macro function on that DSLR :P.

dont have a macro lens, sir :o

haha

yeah i loved the gradient leather until i handled it, it doesnt even feel like leather :\

Its a great jacket. Until he ^ Wore it.

imo you can get better TTT, perhaps ro moto collar or the OV leathers coming are nuttttts!

haha was joking bt ;)

nice purchase D, is duncan calling his jewellery line "Chin"? how much did that set you back? just so we get an idea of his price points. should get the dude to start posting here imo

edit: not sure if its been mentioned, everything of OV on forward is on sale

hahah not addicted at all bt. its only if I can raise the cash for it, and im more than happy to actually save up for it.

dji, oh yes how could i forget that :rolleyes:

i think that nylon effect might be due to the finishing process. Im not sure how they get the gradient effect but i can only imagine what screenprinting on leather would look and feel like :P

bt's jacket in black would do just fine too... ill begin my search perhaps as well as my savings :)

haha, fair enough bt. would still like some detailed pics though...

heh, nah Chin is his name mel ;). I think duncan was his aussie adopted name that he decided to drop, too late to change his username though lol. price point on his jewellery hasn't been determined yet.

TTT it looks and feels like shit :P, seriously save your money for something classic like the moto in black or white lambskin.

Not at all, jacket fit through the shoulder is impeccable.

When undone its still quite flattering, sits very well through out.

There is a lot of length in the arms, i have extremely long arms ( 6'4 height ) and it still has bulk, ive never had a jacket fit like this that i have worn.

0 flaring.

These images do the jacket No justice, the detail in the blistered leather is much nicer in person.

Yeah agreed with JV - it looks digitally printed, you can see pixels up close!

Still, amazing jacket untill that picture above surfaced.

I def think there is better - eg mine/Obscur/OV jackets

YS Jackets are on another level altogether - but so is the price.

JV can give you his thoughts on my new RO leather he just visited to see it. He can give you his Negative/Positive views on it :)

But i can assure you it looks far better in person then in the images, in my eyes if not JV's :)

yea the moto would be my first choice if I were to cop a rick leather. timeless.

will try bt's for size :D

bt those pics look really nice, def one of your best purchases.

thanks for clearing that up james. I still kinda think its cool, altough like dji said prob should get a classic design.

my aus post tracking didnt reg till last night that it was in australia, and it was delivered this morn.

Perhaps it will still arrive tomorrow, but most prob tuesday.

My shorts should arrive in the next 30 minutes..

Time to abuse the delivery driver face to face :)

His manager is off today but calling me back tomorrow.

agreed TTT, definitely an excellent purchase by bt. hoping my one turns out to be one of my better purchases too haha, only really good purchases (in terms of how much I use them) I can think of are my jut neck and gas mask bag...

go and handle it in person for sure TTT, it certainly is an interesting piece, but yeah don't spend your money on it. as eugene at assin said it's definitely a piece only for rick collectors, who already have half a dozen or more of his jackets haha.

fingers crossed man, I won't be home during the day for the rest of the week (damn exams and projects) but delivery tomorrow would be nice :o.