australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

well. checked out ma+ ss11 men and women at u-know-where which they received last week.

very late and underwhelmed with it..

some coats/jkts sizing run really small.. 50s fitted like 44/46... the buy goes up to 56s!!

rundown vaguely.

carbon unlined hooded leather mac coat, (inside spiral stitch, surface overlock)

black double layer collar biker leather jkt

black sleeveless leather vest

black/coal double panel l/s jersey

carbon hooded gillet

mud cotton jute jkt

indigo pleated knee cotton pants

indigo zipped leg cotton pants

black leather bag with metal rim

black leather sack

black one piece /reverse? leather derby

black front toe stitch boot

one piece folded neck ties (probably the only thing i like)

and etc etc.

womens stuff look good tho.

shaun galdwell is the man! do yourself a favor and go down to acmi and check out his show.

side note: anyone interested in a pair of the camper bernhard willhelm hiking boot/sneaker shoe in a 42, let me know!

hey guys, Which fashion design school is the best in aus? I heard there are RMIT, whitehouse, melbourne school of fashion, taffy, FBI etc. what is your comments on those school? any other school good? which one is best all around? thanks!

alot of new cdgh and junya at chiodo, was told they just recently got them.

not very familiar what seasons.. anyway the buy is quite comprehensive - heaps of boiled wool, herringbone, garbardine, tweeds, fairisle, camouflage.. blazers, peacoats, parkas, etc. mostly size medium upwards unfortunately.

looks like they gonna open a store in sydney in july? and seems like they are gonna receive julius and julius_ma too

photolzf.jpg

i think chiodo fits nicely in sydney.

got to say quite impressed with their melbourne's selection, the whole store now are filled with cdg and junya.

boiled wool blazers are awesome, they had two colours, one jet black and another in charcoal grey. they bought alot of L

harrolds recently just got their BBS too, some pretty nice cold-dye stuff... no translucent on sight, and also handle some sotm stuff finallyyy.. the shirting and pants are really nice, melv..

EM also received elena dawson, just a few pieces of the mens and more to come later,

the current display are pretty dope

photoyvr.jpg

sorry i do not know the pricing on the eye frames.

only recall two fancied item - the cdg boiled wool blazers were like around 1.2k-1.5k?. knits were like 600.

i think cose ipanema got some new stuff too. some cool display on individual sentiment, lost&found. but was closed at the time.

--

EM received another new shipment - aoi kotsuhiroi, very gothic and tribal stuff.

they recently also received some headgears from a newcomer - philip patterson, a new zealander who worked at ccp, not sure where he is currently based but he seems to be constantly traveling and living a nomadic life.

aoie.jpg

What sort of head gear are you talking about? I hope not like on the Elena Dawson picture above...

brimmed hats pierced with heavy nails. the clothing line is still work in progress. i suppose. but i had the chance glimpse at his previous work, in terms of aeshtetic directions.. it's sort of rustic, it's quite refreshing, like harnden meet carpe diem.

the animal hats on the display are created by elena dawson's friend. i can't recall the name, unfortunately... from the UK.

on mannequin.

him: ccp, ph, ma+, ma+, ma+

her: ed, ed, ed, ed